Back to Using Databases with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Databases with Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)

MM
Mar 12, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

JL
Jun 22, 2017

Wonderful course! I learnt many useful SQL statements and know how to combine database operations into python program. Dr. Chuck's lectures are always comprehensible and clear. Thank you, professor.

426 - 450 of 2,905 Reviews for Using Databases with Python

By John W

Apr 19, 2016

This is a great course for anyone interested in learning how to use Python to gather data from the web. Dr. Chuck is a fantastic teacher!

By Francisco J P

Mar 14, 2016

A great continuation of the former courses, continues in the same line that the other and you really keep growing in your python knowledge.

By Manish K

Jan 4, 2021

Explained concepts with great examples. This one gave me understanding of XML & JSON file basic operations apart from Database operations.

By Yeshwanth K

Oct 4, 2019

I feel more confident in writing the programs in python related to databases and accessing data over the internet after doing this course.

By Sasmit D

Jun 27, 2020

Great Course. Just make sure to do the final submission 3-4 days before the due date, because it takes around 3 days for it to be graded.

By Dhiraj P B

Sep 19, 2017

Perhaps the assignments could be more challenging. Please provide less of ready made code and let the students write the code themselves.

By Chandan K

Jul 14, 2017

This course 'Using Database with Python' is really interesting that we can use its skills for Data analysis with our daily life problems.

By 刘业臻

Feb 13, 2016

Really nice course, teach me how to do really cool things using Python,not just the Python language.However, the homework is a bit easy .

By Luis P

Feb 5, 2016

I like the introduction to the databases theoric and the geolocalization introduction. I miss a deeper content about geocoding practices.

By Md. J N

Jun 3, 2020

This is an excellent course, i have learned about databases and SQL in this course without having knowledge in any of them quite easily.

By Joseph M

Great course, easy to follow. Awesome to be able to go at your own pace, and re-watch lectures until you understand material thoroughly.

By Ronald L

Jan 24, 2016

Really nice final course of this specialization, new learnings and insights. Now of to do my very own data analysis project with Python!

By Omkar K B

Jul 10, 2020

Excellent course. Helped me to understand overall database concept and how they work. Dr. Chuck makes anything easy to understand.!!!!!

By Chirag R

Oct 11, 2019

Great Resources available make sure that you just don't get everything spoon feeded and try to learn about each and every line of code.

By Carolina E S

Feb 9, 2020

Excellent course, I learned a lot about things that can be done with Python. The instructor is clear and easy to follow. Thanks a Lot!

By ilia

May 14, 2018

As the other courses that I have taken from the specialization, I have to say it is one of the best courses I have ever been a part of

By Nahim O

Aug 29, 2017

This course improve my knoweledge and i understood better the structures in python. I will be able to take more courses like this one.

By Abhishek S

Aug 17, 2017

I really learn a lot from this course and in very short span of time. Well designed and superb delivery of content by Prof. Dr. Chuck.

By Alexander T

Mar 4, 2018

Thanks, Dr. Chuck! This is the fourth course in this specialization I did so far and all of them are AWESOME. Next: Capstone project.

By Ghislain

Apr 12, 2021

This course was really great, though in the middle the works become a bit too serious, the book kept giving me relevant information.

By 徐盈歌

May 12, 2020

Very useful! I believe I would use many skills in this class later in my job. And just as Dr.Chuck said, this is just the beginning!

By Daniel E M

Dec 16, 2016

Excelente el curso, así no sepas mucho ingles, trata de realizarlo porque los conocimientos que salen aquí son bastante provechosos.

By Tem S B

Nov 12, 2019

This course is a great course. I have learned so much in this course. Thank you Coursera and thank you Professor Charles Severance

By Ricardo L

Oct 27, 2019

Excellent course to understand how the data is stored in Databases and how to access or modify then using Python. Thanks Dr. Chuck.