Back to Using Databases with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Databases with Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)

MM
Mar 12, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

JG
Jun 16, 2016

This course was great! I enjoyed parsing different types of data: from documents and the web. This course is definitely (rudimentary) a must take course for anyone who wants to go into data science.

551 - 575 of 2,970 Reviews for Using Databases with Python

By Rachel C

May 24, 2021

This was a great class for a beginner in SQL and Python/SQLite Databases. Easy to understand and follow along.

By Willem N

Jul 20, 2019

Being able to work with databases makes you realize how potent these tools are. I absolutely adored this course

By liu n

May 12, 2018

this part I'm familiar because it's relates to my daily work. Dr. Chuck's explanation is as wonderful as usual!

By James E W

Oct 2, 2016

Great course! This is a very good introduction to the value of databases and database management using SQLite.

By Robert S

Mar 20, 2016

Excellent class. Dr. Chuck is a phenomenal teacher. If Charles Severance teaches it, then you should take it.

By Murali D

Jan 14, 2016

Well organized, well presented and has adequate information to introduce you to the capabilities of the sqlite.

By Budhaditya D

Apr 13, 2021

Nice Course. But requesting you to add more details to the course and teach about Pandas, Numpy and Matplotlib

By Alberto C

Great and clear introduction to the use of databases. A good starting point to develop the database knowledge.

By Sheldon C

Apr 13, 2020

Concepts, applications, and coding details are well explained. A great course that I learned a lot good stuff.

By Adriano S

Dec 7, 2019

Amazing course. I learned a lot. I hope I can implement this knowledge in my daily life. Thank you, Dr. Chuck!

By Sreenandeesh K

Sep 2, 2019

Myself refreshed with the Datababse skills which I have done very long back.

It was great. Thanks to Dr.Chuck !

By Vivek S

Oct 15, 2018

Super easy way to make us understand python better. Your bonus videos are also refreshing anf thogh provoking

By Scharfspitz M

Jun 26, 2017

Curso muy entretenido, que con ejemplos muy claros se puede entender sin problemas como resolver lo propuesto.

By Tony L

Jul 17, 2016

Nice course with detail example

Homework is easy, if student pay attention to the code, they will learn a lot

By Raysong L

Dec 29, 2015

Using Databases with Python is, in one word, awesome! Thank you very much for your great Coursera course, Prof

By CONG M

Apr 26, 2018

This is a good course. The instructor has significant experience in industry and good communication skills.

By Ujjawal G

Aug 4, 2017

The course was well planned ! It helps one to raise level of knowledge in the field of Database using Python.

By Bijaya B

Jun 13, 2017

One of the best course by dr. chuck.

I learned a lot of things, data visualization using d3.js was amazing..!!

By JYZ

Feb 19, 2017

This is a very helpful course for Python beginner like me. It gives me a brief picture of what Python can do.

By Kunga D

Jan 22, 2017

Excellent Course for all Pythonistas who want to get good practical knowledge of using Databases with Python!

By Gaurav M

Nov 19, 2016

Content are good for basic learner to connect with sqlite database and good knowledge about basic sql queries

By Juan C C M

Dec 1, 2020

Awesome, i love this Python specialization, very useful, i am glad and amazed with all i have learned so far

By Mohith J

Jul 17, 2020

the instructor did an awesome job in explaining data bases i understood every bit of this and also geocoding

By Sarvjeet S

Jun 17, 2020

Another Amazing course from Dr Chuck, I learned a lot, very clear explanations and quite easy to understand.

By Rodney D

Oct 23, 2017

This was a great course. I learned so much that I could immediately apply to my work. Thank you Dr. Chuck!