Back to Using Databases with Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Databases with Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce students to the basics of the Structured Query Language (SQL) as well as basic database design for storing data as part of a multi-step data gathering, analysis, and processing effort. The course will use SQLite3 as its database. We will also build web crawlers and multi-step data gathering and visualization processes. We will use the D3.js library to do basic data visualization. This course will cover Chapters 14-15 of the book “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-13 of the textbook and the first three courses in this specialization. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality course material
(143 Reviews)
Top rated instructor
(176 Reviews)

MM
Mar 12, 2018

The course is great... You can definitely learn many things... Was kind of hard for me and i went many times back and forth through most of the lectures... However i think i learn many new things....

JG
Jun 16, 2016

This course was great! I enjoyed parsing different types of data: from documents and the web. This course is definitely (rudimentary) a must take course for anyone who wants to go into data science.

626 - 650 of 2,984 Reviews for Using Databases with Python

By Sylvia V

Feb 6, 2016

Very applicable to real world development, but well thought out and executed for all levels to learn.

By Emmanuel O

Nov 11, 2020

It is an absolutely incredible course and I certainly enjoyed learning Databases, SQL and a lot more

By Kirill R

Jul 6, 2020

Course is good. But I have been waiting for too long for checking the last last. Anyway many thanks!

By Shivani V R

Jun 17, 2020

Really a great course, helped me a lot for the purpose of learning python and implementing the same.

By Sambath M

Apr 23, 2020

Perfect course to learn about Database. I love you Dr Chuck, one of the greatest teacher I ever had.

By Sebastian

Apr 18, 2020

A good course to learn how to use databases and combine what you have learned with previous courses.

By Fahimeh P

Oct 22, 2018

Amazing professor excellent teaching with reasonable pace, clear content, and very useful exercises.

By Varga I K

Sep 28, 2018

IT was really helpful getting to know some database handling and SQL as well as Python applications.

By Pratik D

Nov 6, 2017

Prof. Severance does a great job of tackling a complex subject and making it look simple and usable.

By Bobin L

Aug 25, 2017

I enjoyed learning to use SQL with Python, but thought this course was rather shorter than expected.

By Yiran Z

Aug 2, 2017

Could teach us more about python rather than just SQL, afterall the assignments are all about python

By Ken M

Oct 17, 2016

Really was a excellent section that gave a clear understanding of databases and database management.

By Xiaoyang G

Jun 27, 2016

I can learn some SQL techniques in this course. And an interesting map application is really useful.

By Tural K

Apr 15, 2020

Great intro to working with databases in python and practically implementing various sources on it.

By John H

May 23, 2019

I would like to thank all the mentors and Dr. Chuck! I appreciate your time and effort.

Be Well,

John

By Mohamed S H

Mar 17, 2019

very good course and full of information about databases

thanks for Dr Chuck and all coursera staff

By LOUA M A

Sep 21, 2017

Now, I know more about how to model, create, populate and retrieve data from a relational database.

By Shay O

Jul 23, 2017

Good introductory course.

The instructor delivers the content at a great pace, and is very eloquent.

By Osvaldo V

Feb 7, 2017

Great course with very detailed examples and a professor who knows how to properly teach a subject.

By Yusa I

Jun 12, 2016

This course is really good for database administrator especially in SQLITE and Python programming..

By Enamul H

Feb 15, 2016

Very good one...but visualization could have been done with matplotlib or other plotting libraries.

By Dylan H

Mar 1, 2019

I Learned so much great information! Now I'm feeling comfortable implementing SQL into my projects

By Hassn M

Jun 16, 2018

If you want to know about Databases with Python,this is the simplest and the best course for you !

By Aravind V

Jun 3, 2018

Good course with the right amount of material to know how to use python with databases and the web

By Abhishek

Jun 6, 2017

concise and setting students in right direction of learning json, xml and DB in relation to python