Back to Create Your First Web App with Python and Flask

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Create Your First Web App with Python and Flask by Coursera Project Network

In this 2-hour long project-based course, you will learn the basics of web application development with Python using the Flask framework. Through hands on, practical experience, you will go through concepts like creating a Flask Application, using Templates in Flask Applications, using SQLAlchemy and SQLite with Flask, and using Flask and WTForms. You will then apply the concepts to create your first web application with Python and Flask. This course is aimed at learners who are looking to get started with web application development using Python, and have some prior programming experience in the Python programming language. The ideal learner has understanding of Python syntax, HTML syntax, and computer programming concepts. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

RC

Jun 28, 2020

It gave me an good overview of how routes, forms and sqalchemy works in flask. I just felt this project a bit hard, I think because I don't know much about backend yet.

AS

Jul 03, 2020

Go on with this if you want to go into Python Flask

1 - 19 of 19 Reviews for Create Your First Web App with Python and Flask

By Souvik G

Jun 13, 2020

I'm always obsessed with the Python programming from when I got to think and start learning it from the scratch. I always wonder what to do next with Python then, started to explore more of it. Now, I'm aware that Flask and Django is used for web development in Python. I could never start learning it myself, but I could find such a great teacher who had actually helped to learn all these from the beginning. I really appreciate of my teacher for my building my basic knowledge about these and I hope I can do a lot stuff if I work hard in future. I urge my teacher to make another advanced web development with Flask or some basic Django web applications. Thank you so much!!

By Hasan b u

Jun 07, 2020

i am very gratefu.

By Rodrigo B d S C

Jun 28, 2020

By Cem K

Jul 11, 2020

Course is very good, short and to the point but the rhyme platform is poorly designed in terms of user interface.

By Aditya K S

Jul 03, 2020

Go on with this if you want to go into Python Flask

By Syed h H s

Jul 01, 2020

perfect course to learn flask

By Nasrin A

By p s

Jun 29, 2020

Nice

By tale p

good

By Benjamin K A

Jul 13, 2020

Flask using python is very powerful and simple to understand. Building web apps using python and fast is amazing. Thanks, fo this project

By Shubham P

Jul 01, 2020

Thank you coursera for providing the project on flask and how to build apps using it.It was an amazing experience withe flask enjoyed it.

By Akanksha P

By Aniket M

Jun 25, 2020

great

By Claudio B

Course was Ok. I expected to have more info about API/REST protocol.

By Tina K

Jul 06, 2020

Unfortunately, this is not a good course, which is disappointing because I expect more from Coursera. The external virtual desktop platform that Coursera uses (Rhyme) is slow, sluggish and overall user experience is so bad I had to move away from it and work locally.

On the platform, there are students constantly messaging to get help with bugs, but the platform is not supported by anyone. It should be noted that the code for this course is provided on the Coursera website, not on Rhyme, I spent so much time trying to find/access it.

The project feels very unfinished, there is not enough content - even the basics such as instructions for web deployment (which should be a part of every *web* app tutorial) and the course skips over other major concepts. If you actually want to learn Flask, unfortunately I have to recommend looking elsewhere.

By Guo X W

Jul 09, 2020

I think I came into this project with misguided expectations. I have working knowledge of Python and was hoping to learn how to deploy web apps for generating visualisations etc. The course is not suitable for those without knowledge of HTML syntax. I had difficulty following the instructor (the laggy interface compounded the problem) and the whole learning experience felt very mechanical. I felt like a blind follower. It would be very useful if the instructor could set the context of what he is doing before every step.