Back to Python for Data Science, AI & Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science, AI & Development by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

MA
May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

HM
Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

3351 - 3375 of 3,417 Reviews for Python for Data Science, AI & Development

By Kenneth d

May 1, 2020

Course was taught well.

There were a couple times that I was extremely lost without direction.

If you look at the discussion, for week 5, everyone has the same question, looking for the location of the data for the final. You really have to dig to find it. Like they could have easily posted where the file/data was. I spent more time looking for that document than I spent doing anything else

By Robin F

Jan 26, 2021

There were so many errors written into the “instructor” provided code, it made it nearly impossible to approach the quizzes/labs with any confidence. I’ve taken 7 online courses, some through Coursera, some through other providers and have always had positive experiences. This is my first bad experience. I will retake this class somewhere else starting tomorrow. I do not recommend.

By Ryan G

Apr 27, 2021

I think this course desperately needs a refresh. From the videos you can tell it is older just from the slides. The quizzes are also a joke. This is a shock coming from the earlier courses where it was very well done. You can basically go through this course and learn very little. Why did I get an IBM badge for this course and not for some of the others? I don't get it.

By Leah L

Jan 29, 2021

While I appreciated the videos and hands on labs the final project was awful.

I don't know how a student can get 100% through all the lesson materials and it is repeatedly stated you aren't expected to understand all the complex programming and then the final project has no guidance and just throws you out there with no way to figure it out.

Very disappointed.

By David B

Sep 5, 2019

Full of typos, mis-transcriptions, looks like it was put together by a summer intern who never bothered to proof-read it before leaving to go back to college but IBM slung it up on Coursera anyway.

I was never under any illusion that Coursera had any notion of quality control anyway, but I would have expected IBM to have someone skim through it before selling it.

By SNEHAL B

May 7, 2019

In a peer-graded assignment, the course is teaching new concepts such as the use of bokeh library, boto3 etc. The course isn't even teaching the basics of the same. I have struggled for like 3 days to solve a couple of questions. Moreover, response time from teaching staff/instructor is too high.

Course could have been better.

By Bilge K

Jul 6, 2020

It is exceptionally poorly designed. Most of the time, the labs and the examples in the videos are the same. The explanations do not provide the logic behind but superficially talk about its function. I would not be able to learn much if I had stuck to this course as the only source of learning.

By Akshay G

Apr 19, 2020

This is not a course where they tell you the concepts of the Data Science behind or make you learn Python with multiple assignments. It is more of getting userbase to make use of IBM's cloud.

Nothing much taught in this course. I could have better utilized my time learning myself.

By Facundo L

Jan 27, 2021

All I can say is that I passed this course knowing nothing about Python. Is too basic, and nothing is clear probably I'd have learned more in a $9.99 Udemy course. The half of it IBM try to sell you it's tools.

I hope next courses of the "IBM Data Analyst" certificate are better

By Hilary M

Feb 10, 2021

This course was not well sequenced. The labs demanded work outside of the class to complete. I bought a python text book and had to supplement my learning with the instruction and exercises provided by the book. As a teacher, I found this course to be poorly organized.

By Marc L

Nov 11, 2019

Horrible! Title looks great on a resume but content is very disappointing. Videos are text-to-speech, peer review for assignment, no instructions for using Watson project, outdated instructions (when your browser accepts to show you the instructions), a nightmare.

By Aumdevsinh J

Jun 8, 2019

The final assignment has totally incomplete information and I wasted a lot of my time figuring out things like data set, dashboard etc which are the details usually well defined in other courses. Really a bad assignment formation. Needs fixing for sure

By Teresa F

Mar 12, 2021

I felt that the course material was written/put together by people so well versed in Python they've forgotten what it's like to not know it. The material was hard to digest, poorly presented, the audio was too fast - in general disjointed.

By Haresh M

Feb 24, 2020

I was not able to complete the Peer-graded Assignment. The Free Cloud Storage service provided by IBM is pathetic as I was not able to add the storage instance to my project. Tried reaching the team but still couldn't resolve the issue.

By Chesna F

Dec 30, 2020

Exercises from Week 3 onwards contain coding that has not been taught at all. We are here to learn and not end up Googling for codes so we can self-learn in order to complete this course.

This is not what we have paid for.

By Malle C

Jul 23, 2019

All the codes are filled in and you don't get ample opportunity to do them yourself. It's too easy to just skim through this class, and requires little thinking. Further, the videos sometimes rely on deprecated functions.

By Hakim S

Jun 29, 2019

Need to review the video contents, too quick, weak method of delivering information.

I have went through some courses on Python, they are much better than this one.

first time bumped into this mediocre course in Coursera.

By thuy h

Aug 26, 2019

i get error : "This item will be unlocked when the session begins.

This session has not yet started. You may access this item after the session starts on August 26, "

but today 26/08/2019 , i can't access this course.

By Asad A

Sep 10, 2019

The course assignment was very very difficult, I think it would be toughest task for non programming background people to complete this course, it should be less difficult so that new peoples can perform it easily.

By Elvijs M

Apr 17, 2020

An extremely basic overview of Python, and a poorly done one at that. Someone with even a bit of Python knowledge will learn nothing at all. For others there are much better alternatives available online for free!

By Chinmay N

Jun 1, 2019

The subjects taught were hastily taught at a very rapid pace. Also the assignment steps weren't clearly mentioned and coupled with the Watson Studio problems this course was definitely the worst till now.

By Christopher B

Mar 30, 2020

The labs are broken on this course, going by the forum discussion they have not worked for some time.

I would encourage IBM or other sponsor of the course to update/fix it ... or Coursera to remove it.

By maazin k

May 16, 2020

I don't recommend this course.They say it is for beginner's but i am telling u if you are a beginner don't use course era .Your time and money is precious.It is as if a machine is reading .The worst.

By Abhiraj D G

Sep 21, 2019

The instructions are outdated and the instructors do not care to reply. I am stuck on the Week 5 project and there is no solid solution provided to solve the issue. A really pathetic experience here.