Back to Python for Data Science, AI & Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science, AI & Development by IBM

Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries. This course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn Python fundamentals, including data structures and data analysis, complete hands-on exercises throughout the course modules, and create a final project to demonstrate your new skills. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and solving real-world problems in Python. You’ll gain a strong foundation for more advanced learning in the field, and develop skills to help advance your career. This course can be applied to multiple Specialization or Professional Certificate programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs: IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate Applied Data Science Specialization IBM Data Science Professional Certificate Upon completion of any of the above programs, in addition to earning a Specialization completion certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your expertise in the field....

MA
May 16, 2020

The syllabus of the course takes you in a roller-coaster ride.\n\nFrom basic level to advance level and you won't feel any trouble nor hesitate a bit.\n\nIt's easy, it's vast, and it's really usefull.

HM
Nov 17, 2019

it becomes easier wand clearer when one gets to complete the assignments as to how to utilize what has been learned. Practical work is a great way to learn, which was a fundamental part of the course.

3876 - 3900 of 4,006 Reviews for Python for Data Science, AI & Development

By Salvador C

Dec 30, 2019

The content is abit outdated with links not working.

By idk

May 15, 2020

Explanation not satisfactory

Animations are very bad

By Lukas H

Mar 19, 2021

I would expect something like it is on Codeacademy

By Ashish D

Dec 22, 2019

Only worth an introductory course.

Better avoided.

By Ritayan G

Jun 9, 2020

Good for basics. I was expecting something else.

By KARTHIK S

Sep 13, 2019

There is no deep contents for AI in this course.

By Rudy S

Jun 25, 2018

Lots of typos in labs, which are not graded.

By Larry P

Mar 2, 2020

so fast for a beginner to understand

By Michel R

Apr 30, 2020

Exercise a little bit disappointing

By Jasper F

May 31, 2019

the lab is not clear and missing

By Davide B

Feb 24, 2021

ok

By prudgin g

Dec 9, 2019

Lots of mistakes and imprecisions. In case of technical issues, staff will leave you alone with your problem after one formal and meaningless reply. The staff does not comment more than once on a topic, even if the issue is not resolved. Get ready to work through your problems with the help of a chatbot, that is in a beta development stage.

You have to deal with Watson studio in this course. Oh, this is such a pain... I couldn't even create a new project there dew to technical issues. After getting in a dead end with Coursera stuff I tried to use IBM support and that was so fun, just check it out:

reply1:

"Hello Alexey

blah blah blah

Regards Raino Soikkeli IBM Watson Services Support"

solution provided not working

reply2:

"Hello Alexey , My name is Nigel Terry and I on following up on this ticket as my colleague Raino is off-shift at the moment.

exactly the same blah blah blah

Please confirm and I will follow up accordingly. Kind regards, Nigel "

not working again. no wonder, he gave me the same instructions the first guy did.

reply3:

"Hi Alexey, Nigel and Raino are not available at this time. I also work with the IBM Watson Studio Cloud (WSC) team. I do not have access to your services (LOL, same as previous two guys), but I can list them.

exactly the same blah blah blah"

and not working again, to no wonder.

I am thrilled to find out how many people work at IBM

By Nicholas B

Jul 28, 2020

I strongly suggest that you look into other providers for learning python for data science. As has been outlined by other reviewers, this is mostly a bad ad for IBM's Watson and there is little actual instruction for actually using Python. As a background I'm a EE with a lot of hardware coding experience (Verilog as well as Perl). I completed a specialization in Python from another provider and this gave me quite a bit of help as those classes were clear, with a good progression. In addition I've now written a bit of Python for work so I have a good base. This IBM course has, at best, cursory instruction on using Python, Numpy, and Pandas. The instructions are not clear, with poor sentence structure, and terrible grammar, making it difficult to follow along. Further, Watson is a confusing mess with instructions that use a prior UI, making it tough to figure out exactly what needs to be done to set up an environment. Avoid. Just avoid. Go to UMich or JHU. Anywhere but IBM. The only thing I *did* get from this class is that I don't want to go into Data Science: living in Jupyter notebooks is miserable. But then, I would also rather build things than write reports. Your mileage may vary.

By Felipe M

Mar 7, 2021

Very poor quality. The videos are basically a sequence of slides with a lot of text information and simultaneous audio. Instead helping these two streams of information are actually competing attention from the student. The Labs are a joke. Typos, non functional code on the examples. Suddenly, exercises on the quiz go from extremely easy and nothing challenging to exercises with content not covered. In other words, if I really want to learn python I have to consult material, videos and good quality classes NOT provided on this course content and from other source, most of them FOR FREE. I wonder what the person who designed this course has in mind. I don't really expect someone will care about this feedback. I know it wont make any difference since you guys are making shit loads of money. At least EDC has balls to provide textbooks and a decent course structures with useful material. Shame I already spent my hardworking money on you and now I have to stay till the end.

By Yohaunin Z

Aug 3, 2021

I did not like this course, I really tried to fully understand the material. I reviewed several labs and readings more than once, only to find out later that they were missing several key details I needed to pass and succeed through the IBM Data Science 10 course series. The labs are full of broken code that gives you errors and teaches nothing. Several details about the various functions and to understand how to manipulate them and what they do are missing. Quizzes do quiz you on scenarios that were not discussed in the labs or videos. After trying for several days to weeks I still feel very ill equipped to continue on through course 5 and onto course 6 (I am currently on course 5) , which I will say is not much better. I am very disappointed and was hoping to get the most out of this course only to find that it does not have everything I need to succeed and continue on to my other courses!