Back to Python for Data Science and AI

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Data Science and AI by IBM

This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. This beginner-friendly Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours. Module 1 - Python Basics o Your first program o Types o Expressions and Variables o String Operations Module 2 - Python Data Structures o Lists and Tuples o Sets o Dictionaries Module 3 - Python Programming Fundamentals o Conditions and Branching o Loops o Functions o Objects and Classes Module 4 - Working with Data in Python o Reading files with open o Writing files with open o Loading data with Pandas o Numpy Finally, you will create a project to test your skills....

WL

Mar 14, 2019

Every course has offered something interesting, challenging, and surprising. I am glad I have spent the time with this class. I would strongly recommend it to others with an interest in data science.

Dec 07, 2018

With MATLAB being my programming fluency, Python was very confusing at times.\n\nThis was the course I needed to explain the most common data types in python in a clear and very concise manner.

26 - 50 of 1,128 Reviews for Python for Data Science and AI

By Farzaneh

Jan 07, 2019

It was basic Python. You need this to be able to use Python for data science, however the name of the course could have been Python 101.

By Micael O

Feb 18, 2019

Good course for beginners but not very detailed

By Antonio P

Feb 23, 2019

This is a terrific course. I would have wanted to give it five stars, the only issue is that some of the videos had incorrect examples.

By James C

Mar 31, 2019

Very high level overview of Python. To gain skills, you will need lots of practice outside of this class. Good overview. Lots of typos - could use a good proofreading.

By Mahmood H

Mar 11, 2019

The videos are quick, had to keep rewinding to grasp at the details. A slower pace would help beginners.

By Pritam K

Mar 05, 2019

Some explanations were not so understandable and there were mistakes in some examples of the explanations

By Urs H

Mar 04, 2019

Content OK, some errors on the video slides.

By Julia B

Feb 10, 2019

Not the best course imo: almost no relevant exercises, there are visible small mistakes and formatting errors present. It seems, that authors didn't put too much effort to make the course to be of really high standard. It's good if you need to get a certificate in this field quickly but don't expect to obtain much of knowledge.

By Jarrod W

May 11, 2019

Honestly I found the course great but found the last assignment really hard. I legit had to use the Discussion board to help me do this assignment an even then i have no clue what I am doing. The instructions were really vague and wasn't pointed to being a complete beginner.

By Semant J P

May 06, 2019

Overall, the course lectures are highly condensed and fly by very quickly. I'm familiar with Python but I still had to go back and review them a few times. Would prefer the video materials to be reviewed more slowly and deliberately.

The final project is a mess. The instructions don't direct to the correct notebook (U.S. GDP data) and that link has to be found from the forums. I could never figure out how to get the JSON credential data of my IBM Watson "bucket", so, my "dashboard" never got generated for my project. After spending several hours on this, as I had scored 100% in the rest of the course, I decided I was going to lose just a few points for this, so, in the interest of time, just moved on.

By Ahmed H

Apr 18, 2019

the questions given in the final project are not covered by the course materials

By Samir S

Feb 15, 2019

Final exam poorly designed and written. Frustrating experience trying to find solutions. Needs a rethink and more structure.

By Jeffrey G D

Apr 09, 2019

There were some errors in the notebook code and some of the video quizes asked questions about things that hadn't been covered yet.

By Mya S

May 20, 2019

I learned a fair amount in this course. It was a good anchor with which to start learning Python. However, I don't know if I can recommend this course in its current form. There were so many typos that they rendered the 'correct' answers for some test questions incorrect, and I'm left wondering what wrong answer to choose from. The instructions for the final project were so unclear that I ended up having to do several workarounds -- including setting up a whole new IBM Cloud account, as well as going to Stack Overflow and YouTube to find solutions. After the typos and the poor instructions are fixed, then I would rec

By Mark B

Apr 15, 2019

Too many cloud issues...

By Sebastian S

May 09, 2019

Really dry, and the external tool they want to use gave me a "502 Bad Gateway" response. So I guess I'm not completing this course.

By Adekunle A

Jul 08, 2019

Python Course was informative and actually ok, finished in 4 days.

HOWEVER, it then took 2 weeks to sort out "IBM issues" before I could submit coursework!!

By Andrew O

Dec 30, 2018

Honestly this course isnt very good. Lightning quick wizz through Python and the final test was barely related to the learning materials. The process of test submission is very poor.

I think this course overall reflects badly on IBM.

By Mikhael R

Mar 03, 2019

Do not waste you money. There is no even a place to ask question if you are not sure. They create a forum which is totally useless as nobody answers your questions when you stuck!

By Cristina A

Apr 12, 2019

The final assignment was not well explained, was hard to follow and the previous material in class was not intuitive to the task.

By Jonathon M

Apr 24, 2019

The instructions for the last assignment are absolute garbage and the last project as a whole is mostly a waste of time when it comes to learning Python and data science. Despite errors and use of depreciated functions, the course was otherwise great but the last project's instructions and overall design is awful enough to undo the rest.

By MICHAEL A W T

Apr 22, 2019

Course is poorly organised, even the lines of code input by default in the final assignment have issues running, not to mention that the whole project needs IBM cloud/platform support, something students do not agree to before hand.

On forums, you may see the amount of problems and difficulties of this "course", none from the IBM team replies.

Sorry, I will not be recommending this to anyone.

By Derek A

Apr 23, 2019

Horrible. Forced to use IBM Cloud and IBM Watson for assignments. Typos in instructions and not enough information in Week 5 material. Very poorly organized and i would not recommend this course because of how much time I had to spend trouble-shooting IBM Watson/Cloud which I have no intention on using.

By Jose M S

Apr 26, 2019

You take more time trying to get to work the IBM products than actually learning python. This is specially salient in the peer-graded assingment

By mike g

Apr 25, 2019

Super fast and the examples don't help for the final lab. The final lab is extremely difficult and there is almost no support or guidance to help you with it. Waste of time. I could have paid for a better python course.