Back to Python for Genomic Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python for Genomic Data Science by Johns Hopkins University

4.3

This class provides an introduction to the Python programming language and the iPython notebook. This is the third course in the Genomic Big Data Science Specialization from Johns Hopkins University....

KR
Jul 16, 2018

A very good course for its length and the amount of time it requires. It improved my python skills and knowledge of Genomics. I'm more engaged in my pursuits than before taking the course.

JD
Oct 6, 2017

Easy to understand and very powerful examples. Not just it made me familiar with python, it also made it easy for me to teach to my students and inspire them to pursue python further.

151 - 175 of 257 Reviews for Python for Genomic Data Science

By Suphanat I N A

Dec 26, 2020

Course is very good, although, I would say that there is a lot of python requisite knowledge required than what the course instructor told at the beginning of class. Apart from that, the course is great!

By Nghiep L

Apr 17, 2020

The course was great, and the material was easy to follow and understand. However, I think we need to have a TA in order to answer our question correctly so that we have correct response and correction

By Safyan A

Apr 29, 2020

The lectures were very good. However, the final exam was poor with unclear instructions on how to solve the questions. Also, the final exam questions and the lectures were not very related.

By Maximilian K

Dec 14, 2016

Started very easy, but became quite hard at the end. Nicely structured and conveyes everything that is needed. However, sometimes I missed why specific tools have been used and not others.

By Bill G

Feb 3, 2018

You better know a lot about Python if you plan to pass this course!! Items covered in lecture are elementary. Items covered in exams/quiz's are Graduate Level!!!

By Ali R K

Feb 27, 2016

good course for python but you definitely need to have some background in programming to be able to pass. recommend python course by UMichigan here at Coursera.

By Atreye m

Apr 2, 2020

A few more simple practical assignments would be beneficial. I had no background of coding and needed more basics before I could grasp the concepts fully.

By Pasquale L

Jul 2, 2016

This course was in line with my expectations. Sometimes exercises were a bit out of context. I would have probably dedicated more time to Biopython.

By Meghana J

Mar 14, 2016

The lectures were really good. I am a microbiologist and have very little background of computer programming. A more detailed course would have he

By kunal D

Jun 26, 2020

Good Course. Very informative. Need a bit of more explanation towards execution of commands and parameters as beginners might face certain errors

By Giulia P

Mar 7, 2016

Clear but some topic are not well explained and to pass the final quiz is necessary further detailed study.

Very useful the help of the Mentor

By Chen J

Jan 16, 2017

I learned a great many Python knowledge from this course. It would be better if the quiz and course material can be connected more closely.

By Jason M

Nov 5, 2017

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. In particular, the quizzes were enjoyable. Also, the content was decently complete, all things considered.

By Hamza I

Apr 14, 2019

It helped me connecting between biology and python but i had to learn the basics of python programming from other beginner tutorials.

By Matthew Z

Jan 22, 2020

Pretty good, though it's mostly an overview of Python itself, rather than of applications of Python to genomic data science.

By Yaroslava B

Apr 16, 2020

Great course for a non-programmer. Some lessons are a little too advanced for my beginner level, but overall good.

By Rutuj K

Aug 9, 2020

I thought the final exam's difficulty was not commensurate with the course. Overall the course was great though.

By Ibrahim Z

Sep 14, 2019

Thanks for the course, Really useful and nicely organized. Prefer if more Biopython applications is added

By Nicholas B

May 12, 2016

Good for what it is, but I was hoping for something more advanced (on the algorithm/programming side).

By samarth K

Jun 15, 2019

A fantastic course for the beginners. More of biopython modules training will be appreciated.

Thanks

By Diego M

Nov 15, 2017

4 and a half stars. Some more coverage of biopython and random length variables would be helpful.

By Hongxia W

Mar 4, 2021

More practice on programming will be much helpful for beginners to understand and get used to it

By Sharavanakkumar S

Jul 24, 2020

This course keen observing of course lectures and practicing of the codes and lecture materials

By RT

Jun 23, 2020

It is an informative course, but more guidance should have been provided to work on the exam!

By David h

Apr 11, 2016

Very good--perhaps a little slow for those who have already learned a half-dozen languages.