Back to Using Python to Access Web Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Access Web Data by University of Michigan

This course will show how one can treat the Internet as a source of data. We will scrape, parse, and read web data as well as access data using web APIs. We will work with HTML, XML, and JSON data formats in Python. This course will cover Chapters 11-13 of the textbook “Python for Everybody”. To succeed in this course, you should be familiar with the material covered in Chapters 1-10 of the textbook and the first two courses in this specialization. These topics include variables and expressions, conditional execution (loops, branching, and try/except), functions, Python data structures (strings, lists, dictionaries, and tuples), and manipulating files. This course covers Python 3....
Highlights
High quality content
(256 Reviews)
Practical assignments
(217 Reviews)

SM
Jun 18, 2020

This course was really interesting and did a good job introducing complicated topics in usefully simplified form. It was a pleasure to listen to the instructor and I got everything I wanted out of it.

ML
Jun 16, 2017

Excellent course with in depth explanations. It is well structured. It learn to access Web Data from very basics to optimum level. It help me to understand details of using Python to Access Web Data.

7401 - 7425 of 7,442 Reviews for Using Python to Access Web Data

By Deepak K

Sep 25, 2020

Explanations could have been more clear. More focus was required on urllib and parsing.

By Eleri K

Aug 24, 2020

Compared to the previous two courses, this one is poorly structured, rushed and unclear

By NIRANJAN.S

Mar 29, 2021

still i haven't feel i have completed and i acquired knowledge on this course

By Himadri S S

May 1, 2020

Didn't find this course very useful what I was looking for, boring!

By Shivam G

Aug 25, 2020

it's not good for learning python for use in data science

By Honey M

Jun 17, 2020

this was a very boring course from the abouve to courses

By Jorge P

Jan 31, 2020

I cannot complete this course since labs are not working

By Arthur G

Jan 15, 2018

Good videos, but way too easy and not enough practice.

By Omar N

Aug 3, 2020

the explanation in xml, html, json is not enough

By Shreshtha S

Dec 9, 2019

felt very unnecessary for the speciatialization

By Mo'men G

Jun 11, 2020

lots of parts need more explaination

By Trevor H

Dec 31, 2015

This class is not challenging at all

By Atharva S

Jul 23, 2020

peer graded assignment is not good

By Ciro D L

Apr 13, 2021

Non è all'altezza dei precedenti.

By amrit p

Nov 13, 2016

i didn't undrestant it completely

By noel b

Aug 25, 2020

Not as good as the other two

By prasad r

Apr 27, 2020

not so much into the subject

By Alicja O

By Deepak G

May 15, 2020

By LIM C C

Dec 27, 2020

This part (Using Python to Access Web Data) is not easy at all compared to the previous courses in terms of the topics and contents touch on for beginner level, particularly the assignments. There are several portions in this course need to be improved, 1. Lack of full guidance for the coding and workings (the assignments cannot be done solely based on the lectures, external study and research is a must - It defeats the purpose taking up this course, why not choose other vendors with better structured design and contents?) 2. Leading to confusion for the learner in assignment questions (No clear explanation for the expected outcome and poor design of assignment structure - e.g. Question, Expectation, Samples, Steps by steps guidance) 3. Gap of understanding (The details of coding and structures are not well explained from a beginner's perspective and there are some missing part in between the lectures and hands-on! It appears to be in a rush to complete everything in video lecture for the main topics instead of further explaining in details on the theories and hands-on and what come out in the assignment were not taught in the lectures). I couldn't do much but had to conduct research by myself from external sources/tips/guidance to complete this part. Is it really a good choice for beginners to pick up a new skillset in the world of advanced technology? It reminds me that the course name - PY4E (Python for Everyone). SERIOUSLY, I doubt it!

By Edwin R J

Dec 14, 2016

I am running Firefox v50 on Ubuntu Linux v16.04. I was unable to watch any of the lecture videos due to the page reloading every 2 - 10 seconds. I tried moving to a different video with the same results. I don't know if this is UC Davis-specific or whether Coursera has changed significantly since the last time I took a class, but this course is totally unusable.

I would have left this review with Coursera rather than as a course review, but Coursera doesn't make contact information easy to locate.

By Nargiz

Jan 2, 2021

I liked first 2 courses but this one was horrible.I had to watch tons of YouTube videos and ask help from reddit subs in order to at least get RUDIMENTARY grasp...All lectures were rushed and tasks were confusing.I understand the course cannot magically teach everything 100% but at least it has to be more precise and detailed. Moreover ,teaching staff is RUDE as hell.I love and respect dr. Chuck.I hope upcoming classes won't be this vague.

By Ahmet B B

Aug 17, 2020

After taking two great courses from Dr.Chuck, this course was a disestar. It consumed all of my energy and motivation. I am not sure wheter I continue with this specialization from Dr.Chuck. In the process of this course he always pretend like I am a web programmer but in fact, I was not and I could not catch a great portion of this course. So sad... What a pitty

By Jorge O

May 30, 2021

En este tercer curso, pasó de ser entendible y retador algunas pruebas, para volverse frustrante, tener que estar buscando horas y horas en otras páginas, tutoriales y foros acerca las evaluaciones, ya que para alguien que recién lo lleva, se le hace imposible poder completarlas por uno mismo.