Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

MI

Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

AD

Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

226 - 250 of 1,109 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By JOSE A A L

May 5, 2020

This course was really tough. I'm really excited for everything that I've learnt so far I'm looking for the nex course

By Adarsh K N

Aug 26, 2020

Very good course. I will recommend everybody of my friends to take this up. It enhances your knowledge exponentially.

By Anatoly V

Feb 28, 2021

Some labs are a little bit on the easier side. A lot of nice practical tasks, which help to learn automation skills.

By Jesús A G G

Very useful course and very well explained. A zero beginner and an old expert both can learn a lot from this course!

By Luis A N P

Apr 16, 2022

excelente curso, los temas son llevados en profundidad, expresiones regulares fue un tema absolutamente interesante

By Muhammad S K

Jun 17, 2021

I think its good to go, but really fast pase of google instructer why, i need to be more fast to match them. Thanks

By Marco M

May 27, 2021

Super helpful to improve my skills. It was really tough, but I endured and finished it. It's a really great course.

By Muhammad A

Aug 22, 2020

It really pushed me to my limits overall such an interesting course for how to interact with your operating system

By NKURUNZIZA C

This course goes deep with real life examples. I will recommend it for anyone trying to learn IT tasks automation.

By Adam B

Nov 30, 2020

Another excellent course on using Python, was quite challenging at times. The end results were very satisfying.

By Tarun R

Nov 30, 2020

Awesome Instructor, loved the way he taught and motivated. Great content organization. Kudos Google and Rogers!

By Ralph M

Nov 30, 2020

Learnt a lot from this but its not the end i will work towards my goal of obtaining Google IT automation cert.

By KSHITIJ A

May 6, 2021

Really loved the course. Because of it, I was able to familiarize myself with things I had no idea of before.

By Abdul B I

Dec 10, 2020

A superb course. Learned a lot. Especially enjoyed the part where Bash was introduced and how powerful it is.

By Giocrisrai g b

Sep 17, 2020

Muy bueno pero de igual forma muy dificil bastantes términos que vale la pena seguir practicando y afianzando

By Deepanshi S

May 23, 2020

This course was very useful and I gained knowledge of how to interact with the operating system using Python.

By Ramadhan M

Mar 10, 2022

This course is hard to do... and the qwiklabs is actually run very slow even i have fast internet connection

By Jerry W

Jun 25, 2021

Challenging but very useful. This course is practical, particually for people like me with no IT background.

By Ayush P

May 20, 2021

Very good and informative course, covers multiple aspects in python with very basic and beginnings of them.

By Md. N A K H

Nov 20, 2020

This course deserve 5 stars but it would be more helpful if it could also have targeted windows platformers

By Neelesh V

May 22, 2020

Some parts are a bit difficult, but it was fun to learn those harder concepts. I had fun doing this course.

By Andrey K

Mar 22, 2020

I like Roger very much. I want to thank him and I am looking forward to his other courses. Thank you, Roger

By Patrick

Dec 19, 2021

Using Python to Interact with the Operating System is a worthwhile course to take.

You will learn by doing.

By Agustin A

Dec 21, 2020

It is an awesome course, that integrates all the topics treated in very interesting and high-quality labs!

By vasanth p

May 16, 2020

Good curriculum, Nice explanation and Challenging questions. Simply LOVED the entire course.

Thanks Google.