Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

AD

Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

MI

Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

251 - 275 of 1,112 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By Kronicr29

May 4, 2021

Excelente contenido y más los test que son realmente interesantes y refuerzan el conocimineto. Super ...!

By Lokesh M

Jul 4, 2020

Good course to grasp real world implementation of Python and get a good hands-on with Python programming.

By ou y

Jun 8, 2020

It's very challenging, thanks support to help me go through this lab. I tried 5 times and finally passed!

By PAMU S S

Jun 21, 2020

One of the best courses in Coursera. Loved the course till the end. Thank you for building my skills. 😍

By Michael B

Feb 7, 2020

Course moves fast and introduces a lot of topics and it has an interesting final project. Well worth it.

By Víctor S G

Feb 20, 2022

Very useful course, really challenging labs! they teach you real world knowledge for common IT problems

By Ghous K

Jul 14, 2020

Learned a lot specially covering Bash scripting and linux commands which i am not used to.

Thanks

Google

By MUHAMMAD M R

Aug 9, 2021

Great Course to learn python use in real world. Short videos are good to learn if practice continues.

By Shintya R R M

Feb 18, 2021

This course was such a long journey. The Lab assessments are really helpful to do hands-on practices!

By felipe a

Feb 8, 2021

Great course to learn how to interact with the operating system using Python, Bash script, and Regex.

By David J

Sep 12, 2020

Got a little tough in the end but definitely a good course on how to work coding in the command line.

By Dhruv P

This course was perfect, the assignments were challenging but fun at the same time. Thank you Google!

By Thaiyalnayaki P

Apr 30, 2022

Very much useful. And got refresh in UNIX commands which I was used 10 years back.

Thanks to trainer

By Jethro A

Nov 17, 2020

I'm learning a lot and I am confused big time. Thank your for the lessons and I hope to learn more..

By Wai K W C

Oct 18, 2020

It teaches many practical knowledge to communicate with the operating system. A good course overall.

By Michael K B G

Mar 29, 2020

What an amazing course. The best was to learn regexp and testing. But everything was really usefull!

By Denisse C - G

Feb 8, 2021

I love how easy to follow the lessons are and how you can always get help in the discussion forums.

By Pittala P

Jul 8, 2021

Every thing i have learnt in this course really gonna help me the future . I will be keep learning

By Ramyadeep D

Apr 10, 2021

It is a very nice and a mind boggling journey that i have completed in this course. Learned a lot.

By John N

Dec 21, 2021

Challenging course but really helps use your python skills in a real life context. Learned a lot!

By Muhammed O

Apr 19, 2021

That was very informative course. A little suggestion that, first 5 week's exams could be better.

By Muhammad A G Y

May 6, 2020

If i knew about google programs, i wouldn't have wasted my time in universities. Amazing course

By Orestis I P

Apr 15, 2022

Great course for learning how to use Python for practical OS interaction and automation tasks.

By Hui P A N

Dec 17, 2021

I have enjoyed the course, and I am looking forward to more coding practises to hone my skills

By Ishita S

Aug 1, 2021

The course very nice. easy to understand. Only one problem, please don't use linux. That's it.