Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

AD

Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

MI

Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

276 - 300 of 1,131 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By Muhammed O

Apr 19, 2021

That was very informative course. A little suggestion that, first 5 week's exams could be better.

By Muhammad A G Y

May 6, 2020

If i knew about google programs, i wouldn't have wasted my time in universities. Amazing course

By Orestis I P

Apr 15, 2022

Great course for learning how to use Python for practical OS interaction and automation tasks.

By Hui P A N

Dec 17, 2021

I have enjoyed the course, and I am looking forward to more coding practises to hone my skills

By Ishita S

Aug 1, 2021

The course very nice. easy to understand. Only one problem, please don't use linux. That's it.

By Sean J S

Mar 19, 2021

This course provided me with skills I immediately applied to improve work I am already doing.

By Deepak V D

Jul 2, 2020

It was a wonderful experience, i never thought that i would complete final project, but i did

By Brando P

Jun 24, 2020

Excellent course to apply real solutions using Python in Operating System!!! Recommended !!!!

By Greg D

Jun 3, 2020

Forced me to dig into some concepts from the first course. Added new material too. Well done.

By Adithya V

Apr 24, 2020

The last two weeks (module 6 and final test) were really interesting and I got to learn a lot

By Francisco N E

Mar 15, 2020

It has been really useful course. Lots of contents that will be used in real life situations.

By Astur C S

Jul 3, 2022

Muy completo y con un aprendizaje profundo de las posibilidades de Python para un IT manager

By Rahma N

Mar 7, 2021

Wow, all of this lesson is new for me. Even it's hard, but I'm glad can finish this course.

By Alexsander R

Jan 4, 2021

Dinâmico e rápido! Com bons exemplos e exercícios desafiantes! Valeu cada minuto investido.

By Harold M

Excellent course on python. Very good challenges on OS topics and log processing.

Thank you!

By Mahbuba S

Aug 14, 2021

It was difficult but the assignments make you break the barrier to learn as you progress.

By Avinash A P

Feb 22, 2021

Topics covered are very interesting.The regex and testing was a complete new thing to me.

By WAMBUGU M W

Mar 13, 2022

This course helped me a great deal. I learnt many key features of both Linux and Python.

By bahadir

Aug 24, 2021

It's sometimes hard to figure out what should do next, but end the end it feels amazing.

By Bruno E P A

Dec 6, 2020

I never imagined I would get this far in IT related topics. thanks for the opportuninty.

By Teguh I

Nov 15, 2020

Quite challenging, but could be improved with much clearer wording for the final project

By Alexander T

Jun 2, 2020

Excellent course! It was just hard enough to learn new things by practice! Just love it!

By Kukuh I M

Mar 1, 2022

This course is so so so HARD! i will review it again after i completed all the courses!

By Paul O

Nov 5, 2020

It was a pretty good experience using bash scripting to achieve some pretty cool tasks.

By Elayaraja P

Feb 29, 2020

This was the good course for beginner and as well intermediate developer to work on OS.