Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

MI
Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

AD
Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

51 - 75 of 872 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By Aman D

Jul 6, 2020

The quality of this course is legit brilliant. I'll recommend it to everyone out there. A great add-on to an already existing IT degree and a great experience for a first-timer too. From explanations to examples to tests to real-world problems, this course is like no other! I feel there's value here for everyone. Much love!

By Francisco R A

Mar 26, 2020

Great course. It will guide you from the very basics on, the last lab is great since you will need to put a huge amount of the knowlege you have gathered through out the course in practice. The regex part is great and you might get something from there even if you are experienced in IT but haven't used regex that much.

By Yang Z

Jun 28, 2020

Fun stuff to lean. Some topics such as regex and bash are something that I always wanted to learn but unable to find a structured learning material. This course is a great attempt in combining multiple IT skills in a structured and fun way. Good job Google team. Thanks for making this course possible and available.

By Andrei T

Aug 26, 2020

Although the videos are very easy to understand, without practice and self.study you may get general understanding of how python works with OSs, but who wants to progress and code like a pro needs a lot of exercises and practice and study. Thank you GOOGLE for the course and looking forward to the next courses.

By Elias M

May 9, 2020

Its a really cool Course with a good instructor. I really felt like I learned a lot of new stuff. Examples are Regex or Bash. Don't get me wrong I used Regex or Bash before but never really understood it (Only in like copy/paste scripts). So for me, this course made a big difference :) Thanks

By LEONARDO A B P

Apr 4, 2021

I'm very satisfied with thsi course, all modules that Ive finish till now bringed me much more knowledge and ensure me with capable concepts and more logical thinking. Its amazing to people that knowing other languages or some beginners that want pursuit an I.T. career. Thanks Google

By Virag P

Mar 7, 2020

Really interesting course. After the crash course in Python, this got exponentially more detailed and trickier. Final assignment was a killer! Had to spend 3 days thinking of various permutations/combinations to get the code to work. Huge learning - EVERY LITTLE DETAIL is important!

By Timur U

Apr 22, 2020

This is a very useful and knowledgeable course. I'm satisfied with my progress for quite a new IT programming skills in Linux OS and Bash scripting language. Thank Roger Martinez for clear explanations for each module and the interesting scenario for tasks included for assessment.

By Angel G D

Mar 18, 2020

Pretty useful, the only thing that I didn't like that much was the extremely guided Qwiklabs, but it was pretty nice at the end. The course was not so easy to digest but the content is complicated so this was expected, after a couple of examples everything was clear as water.

By Eli H

Jul 14, 2020

Great and useful course. Topics covered are quite relevant in the IT world ( regex, file handling, scripting both in python and bash, automated testing. All the quizzes and labs are also very useful to see how the concepts really works and to put the knowledge into practice.

By Heena A

Jul 26, 2020

Thanks to the instructor for make the course interesting. I have learned a lot of amazing automation stuff along with how to use regular expression and log files. As someone who as worked on python , this course guides us to do stuffs/automation that can be of great help.

By Victor T

It was a great course for me as I have a decades of windows background, where you can point and click a visually represented object. Now I started to scratch the surface of programmatical interaction with the OS, which is my main goal of enrolling in this program.

By Khaterine B d O S

Aug 5, 2020

Esse curso é excelente! Oferece todos os recursos para aprender os desafios sugeridos. Muita informação de qualidade e o professor é super didático. A plataforma para realizar as atividades oferece a oportunidade de ver como tudo funciona na prática. Recomendo!

By John A O

May 18, 2021

Python is indeed powerful. This course has opened my eye on the power and flexibility of Python.

The Course was well structured.

The lecturer very eloquent, clear and gives you the heart to push on and not give up.

The Labs were very interesting and challenging.

By Pranjal G

Mar 17, 2020

This is another great course.I learnt how to manage files through python, regex expression, Testing code with automation, Bash Programming and Linux basic commands. Overall It is a great course and suitable for beginner who has a little knowledge of python.

By Oguz A

Feb 3, 2020

Getting experience on files, logs, csv module writer and Dictwriter, Regex, Batch Scripts, shell commands, using parameters on python..etc.. It was a tailor-cut course and address almost everything that I need in this spesifik area. I can only say; Thanks!

By Rafael S

Jul 23, 2020

Excellent course. It was a kind of demanding one for me because I do not have ant background in IT. However, I learned a lot and I found it very useful and necessary. Labs at the end of each week were encouraging and difficult sometimes. Thanks, Google!!

By Gigi M D

Aug 11, 2020

It was really fun because I learnt a lot of concepts of python and the ton of uses it has, plus some in depth knowledge of regex and bash script. In rest, the instructor was really nice and knew how to explain a lot better than any of my school teacher.

By Bonthu S

Aug 22, 2020

The best part about this course is graded assessment which is like solving real world problem.

The course is designed by lots of planning so that what we learn can be implemented in the graded assessment. I can't wait to apply these skills in my carrer.

By Brent W

Mar 6, 2021

This course propelled me very quickly into a depth of understanding into how python can be used to interact with the operating system, file systems, and directories. Fundamental knowledge that will support almost any problem I ry to tackle in python!

By Farouk L

Dec 5, 2020

Wow! Really really worth the effort and time. I really love the instructor. Somehow I am beginning to have the feeling that Google takes her staff through teaching methodology and techniques. haha. Thank you for the awesome eye-opening experience.

By oon a

Apr 2, 2020

this course is super useful, starting from learning the Python programming, testing, programming in the Linux environment, learning Regular Expression, Bash (shell) scripting. it would be great to have these tools in your IT Specialist toolbox.

By Ankitkumar L

Sep 10, 2020

The most useful course that I ever find it. It provides really good understanding of core concepts which you can use in your work as well as automate some process and saving time to other work. You can hands-on with linux environment as well.

By Ahungwa G

Dec 7, 2020

This is the best IT course that I have ever taken so far. For all those out there desiring to go into the IT space, combining this specialization with the other one on IT Support is highly recommended. A BIG THANKS TO THE TUTOR and GOOGLE.

By Jia G J

Dec 8, 2020

Learned a lot,

I'm currently working in a big company (2 years) but they rarely teached me how to properly use my skills and assets.

Thanks to these courses i'm expanding my knowledge of what i could do with a programming language and more!