Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

MI
Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

AD
Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

226 - 250 of 853 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By Partho K

Awesome teaching style. I really appreciate how he presented every topic so smoothly!

By Greg

May 15, 2020

Tough course, but I feel better equipped to tackle real-world problems in the future.

By Dindo P D

Jan 2, 2021

The final project was superb. As well as the guide in tackling on the given project.

By Moussaddak M

Sep 30, 2020

Excellent Course

I've learned a lot of cool stuff in the IT world

happy that I take it

i

s

c

u

rse even though i had experience with python

By Oliver R

Loved the mix of repetition and new content. Bash refresher was long overdue for me!

By Kuldeep M

May 8, 2020

This makes me feel great to know the interaction with operating system using python.

By Andrae C

Jan 31, 2020

This course was great and I learn a lot that I can apply directly to my current job.

By Temidayo A

Mar 25, 2020

Loved it! This course kept me on my toes and made me think a lot. It was good fun.

By Kshitij A

Apr 12, 2021

This was by far one of the best courses I had. After Version Control, of course ;)

By Kevin J

Mar 9, 2021

Really great at applying python basics to manipulating files. More of this please!

By Guanyu B

Jan 4, 2021

Valuable course.

It is great knowing how to deal with the OS Terminal.

BASH on it.

By Sim J S

Nov 23, 2020

smooth and great teaching, open my view of the mysterious of OS and its automation

By Mutheu L

Jul 1, 2020

Very helpful especially if you would like to gain skills on system administration.

By Ahmad F G

Mar 18, 2021

Awesome, anyone should learn this course to familiar and implemation using python

By Alfian A H

Feb 25, 2021

There are so many knowledge I got from this especially regex. It's a good course

By Amaan K

I am in Love with this course specially this one

Hope to see this Professor soon

By kushal k

Jun 25, 2020

it's such a amazing course i learned some advanced concepts.

By Krishna G

Mar 28, 2020

i had so fun to complete this course.

i had currently feeling like real Sysadmin

By Leonardo S V

Nov 25, 2020

It has very good content, the quizzes and final project is challenging and fun

By Randy S

Feb 10, 2021

Absolutely awesome, I learned more than the course presented. Thanks Google.

By Top G

Sep 13, 2020

It paved my way to learning automation and use it in my day to day work life.

By Shiv S S

Aug 16, 2020

This course had everything I wanted to learn. Thank You Coursera and Google.

By SAPTARSHI D

Jul 15, 2020

Awesome Course.

Thanks Roger, Google and Coursera for such an Amazing Course.

By Fabio P

Apr 27, 2020

Fantastic! Well structured, easy to follow with lot's of interesting topics.