Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

MI
Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

AD
Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

76 - 100 of 855 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By Aswin R

Sep 25, 2020

Now I know with python... I could use to interact with any operating system without the need to know their terminal commands.

This is definitely going to make my life easier with the all-new automation tools provided in this course

By Jaiaid M

Jul 20, 2020

It would be helpful if qwiklab task description would be more specific. I find it difficult to understand that if I should follow the cmd and code verbatim or follow some portion for understanding and other for the actual task.

By John E

Jun 2, 2020

I had some problems with the QikiLabs as my script was working, but the program itself wasn't recognizing it as correct right away. Overall though a great experience. Thank you to the instructor for making it a fun experience.

By Michal B

Nov 22, 2020

This course was extremely well prepared, well thought, and challenging at times. Especially for someone like me with no technical and practical experience with writing code. Thank you, Roger, Thank you Google. Great Job Guys!

By Warnakulasuriya S A F

May 23, 2020

A great course. I am absolutely happy selecting this course. I've learned a lot out of this. In the final project it was awesome to look back at what I did and I now feel that I can do a lot with python. Thank you, Google.

By Daniel v E

Apr 7, 2020

QwikLabs uses an older version of Python, and thus interacting with QwikLabs was often tricky, as the version of Python used in QwikLabs was not specified, making it incompatible with code written before starting the lab.

By Praveen M

I have learned a lot about python and how to interact os using python. Believe me this course is really a good use of time.And last but not least the final project is awesome you can't escape without using your brain:)

By Juan C J

Sep 25, 2020

This course was excellent to put the things clear. Sometimes we forgot that the basic concepts are the most important ones to solve issues, this course really sets all concepts clear, specially in regex, very cool.

By Paolo M

Apr 16, 2020

Even though I had already some Python, Bash and RegEx knowledge, this course has helped me understand when to use the right tool for the job. The QwikLab assignment were also quite challenging, but always feasible.

By Mark P

Dec 30, 2020

I have learned a lot of cool stuff, this course is awesome, I like the Qwiklabs (though can be a bit buggy sometimes) the most, because they let me do everything practically (which I am better at than at theory).

By himanshu r

Must have course, if you need to learn playing with logs, finding what is required in it in as easy steps as possible. besides also teaches to use bash, cool tricks, grep , MOST IMPORT: Regex(Regular expressions)

By Olusola T O

Aug 27, 2020

This is an amazing course!

During the process of this course, I know how to work with regular expression in any programming language. I can process both TEXT and CSV file with ease.

More to tell about this course.

By Jason A G M

Mar 13, 2021

It has definitely been a tough course, but really satisfied to make it through it! Hopefully this also strengthen my foundations in python programming and its application in interacting with operating system :D

By Dario H

Sep 21, 2020

Wow! This course was really good and very well presented. It was very challenging in the end. My head hurts a little after finally figuring out how to get the final project done, but I made it - and so can YOU!

By Ilya G M

Mar 16, 2020

Very good course! And it would be much better with the lab tasks without training only copy+paste skills =) There were two really good labs, I digged into python much more deeper and I like that! Thank a lot!

By Pratik P

May 8, 2020

This course was fun. Thanks to Roger and Google aswell who helped me a lot in learning about operating system, bash codes, file control,m error handling etc. It was Fun <3 and I am going to miss Rogers (T_T)

By Chandrasekar V

May 5, 2020

Excellent Course! I have been a Python programmer overall several years and this course has sharpened my abilities to solve complex problems using Python.

Thanks to google and many thanks to the Instructor!

By Sanjay N

Apr 30, 2020

This course is an amazing experience to me.Lectures and labs are so organised.Final project is little

difficult but I enjoyed a lot to solve the problem .Learned a lot of new concepts throughout the course.

By Yusuf K

Aug 5, 2020

For me this course was great and so full of info (Py Scripts, Bash Scripts, OS interactions, Regex ...) really game-changing tools to add to my kit, and hope I'll have stories to tell just as roger did :)

By Zdravko B

Jun 28, 2020

This course deserved 4/5 due to some annoying typos in practice quizzes and some unclear stuff in the labs, but I'm a sucker for puns and the lecturers surely delivered lots of them in a smooth fashion :)

By Manuel I

Nov 20, 2020

By Michael H

Oct 27, 2020

The course really came together in weeks six and seven, but the reading materials in weeks 1-5 were lackluster, containing one or two links without context, pointing to a narrow topic of that week.

By Anant k

Sep 13, 2020

I learned a lot from the course. Contents and teaching are great. Assessments are challenging so you will learn a lot from them because you need to do the practice of your own before taking it.

By Yuri E A F

Aug 18, 2020

Definitely a course you need to take. Not easy but that's the point, depending on your knowledge you might start slow on the first lessons but at the end you'll be amaze on how natural you code.

By LUCAS F D A

Jul 9, 2020

It is a wonderful course, I've learned a lot within the classes, and I am ready to use this knowledge to develop my own projects. It a little bit extensive, but to accomplish it is rewarding.