Back to Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System by Google

By the end of this course, you’ll be able to manipulate files and processes on your computer’s operating system. You’ll also have learned about regular expressions -- a very powerful tool for processing text files -- and you’ll get practice using the Linux command line on a virtual machine. And, this might feel like a stretch right now, but you’ll also write a program that processes a bunch of errors in an actual log file and then generates a summary file. That’s a super useful skill for IT Specialists to know. We’ll kick off by exploring how to execute Python locally, and organize and use code across different Python files. We'll then learn how to read and write different types of files, and use subprocesses and input streams. We'll also dive into Bash scripting and regular expressions -- both very powerful tools for anyone working with systems. We'll even touch on automatic testing, which allow us to automate how we check if our code is correct. To finish, we’ll put all this together by using the tools that we’ve acquired to process data and generate automatic reports. We’ll also explain how to set up your own developer environment in your machine. This is a key step in being able to write and deploy powerful automation tools....

MI
Nov 19, 2020

Great course! I had some previous knowledge, but this was perfect to fill in the gaps. Also, unit testing was completely new to me and will be very useful in future projects. Thanks for making this!

AD
Jun 15, 2020

In starting five weeks , all answers were directly provided and week 6 and 7 were very tough. So i suggest to equalize the toughness level in all weeks ,ie, no direct spoon feed nor abrupt toughness

126 - 150 of 851 Reviews for Using Python to Interact with the Operating System

By Md S

Jan 25, 2021

Learnt a whole lot of new things, It was quite overwhelming at first but watching video twice and scrolling through web really helped get thing clearer

By Nikunj P

Jun 29, 2020

Amazing course! Definitely acquired a LOT of skills. I'm thankful to the course instructor, Google and Coursera for providing me with this opportunity.

By Ernesto P L R

Jul 7, 2020

Good content and project. Some Exams were "too" assisted almost providing direct answer to the problem. Only the final project was really challenging.

By Rhiddhi P D

Jun 19, 2020

This was the greatest course ever done by me. Please, would you make a course on your new programming language "Flutter" too, thats a request. THANKS

By Bimarsha K

Jun 4, 2020

The course was great and I am extremlypleased with the way of explaining things of the tutor.He is the best tutor I have ever seen in online courses.

By Angelo C d N V

Oct 2, 2020

An amazing, well thought and perfectly planned course. Awesome tools, nice videos and real challenges. The best course I`ve done so far in coursera.

By Aniket S V

Jun 20, 2020

This was a very helpful course in underastanding how python can be used in automation. Very information course with challenging exercises every week

By Cheuk L Y

Feb 10, 2020

It takes a lengthy amount of time to get used to the subjects, but super satisfied when the projects (Very close to real-life scenarios) are solved.

By Petrov A Y

Jan 12, 2021

I learned a lot of new things from here. Huge information that was in disorder in my brain became more precise and organised. Thanks for your work!

By Boris P

Sep 3, 2020

256/5000

It was a great course, my congratulations and thanks to the instructor. The course has a lot of information but it was easy to understand.

By Mohana P K

May 4, 2020

Very useful course if one is interested in making a successful IT career. Had fun but also learned lot of important things necessary for automation

By MD. N S

Nov 7, 2020

I have enjoyed the course materials and assignments. These helped me a lot to achieve new skills that can be applied to solve real world problems.

By Gaurav G

Feb 14, 2021

Excellent Course. I would highly recommend for anyone to refresh their Shell scripting knowledge and wanted to learn Python with the TDD concept.

By Sameer

Aug 25, 2020

this was a really great course learning hard and new concepts but at the same time not feeling overwhelmed was the best thing about this course

By Clive V L

Jun 15, 2020

Loved this course specially because of the fact that the last two projects got me to a real challenge to struggle, research and solve the issue

By Carlos A

I am glad I took this course. Both of the instructors so far keep the course entertaining and keeps me engaged. I like their "funny" jokes. :-)

By Thibault T G

Jan 24, 2020

Many new concepts to grasp, but very interesting.

It's great to be able to practise directly on the linux instance.

The last quicklab was fun!

By Yash B

Sep 30, 2020

Okay ,,,I'll not say that this is easy . But if u complete this ...U get a whole new level of sheldon copper feeling . Just hang in there :)

By Dingane M

Sep 6, 2020

It's a great course. I've learnt a lot of things I didn't know. For sure, I will be applying them in my career as an IT personnel.

Thank you.

By Tawanda C

Apr 25, 2021

Excellent course. I learned quite a lot. It was a bit intimidating at first, but in the end, you kinda see how it all comes together. Cool!

By Jeremie N

Jun 1, 2020

The instruction is so great. Would recommend this course to anyone with the will to learn and who already have a basic knowledge in Python

By Candice W

Apr 12, 2021

That's pretty cool to learn about knowledge and concepts of Python scripts and Bash scripts at the same time for enlarging my skill sets.

By Vinay T B

Jul 24, 2020

Good and it is not very easy to complete u have to watch few videos twice and remember stuff otherwise you can't complete the assignment.

By Manuel M H

Jan 15, 2021

Course was great and very in depth with excellent instruction. Additionally, it had a good balance of incorporating challenging aspects.

By Satyam M

Sep 19, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. It was a very enthusiastic course for me , I really liked the teaching style of the instructor in google .