Back to Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce the learner to information visualization basics, with a focus on reporting and charting using the matplotlib library. The course will start with a design and information literacy perspective, touching on what makes a good and bad visualization, and what statistical measures translate into in terms of visualizations. The second week will focus on the technology used to make visualizations in python, matplotlib, and introduce users to best practices when creating basic charts and how to realize design decisions in the framework. The third week will be a tutorial of functionality available in matplotlib, and demonstrate a variety of basic statistical charts helping learners to identify when a particular method is good for a particular problem. The course will end with a discussion of other forms of structuring and visualizing data. This course should be taken after Introduction to Data Science in Python and before the remainder of the Applied Data Science with Python courses: Applied Machine Learning in Python, Applied Text Mining in Python, and Applied Social Network Analysis in Python....

OK
Jun 26, 2020

its actually a good course as it starts from fundamentals of visualization to the data visualization,the assignments this course provide are exciting and full of knowledge that you learn in course ..

RM
May 13, 2020

I am going for the specialization and I know this is just the second course in it and I haven't even seen the further courses yet, but this is already my most favourite course in the specialization.

226 - 250 of 944 Reviews for Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python

By Milan V

Oct 27, 2019

A well-structured and useful course. The lectures were interesting and the programming assignments had a just-right level of difficulty. Good work.

By ILYA N

Oct 8, 2019

This is a solid course in data visualization using matplotlib. The course includes a good theoretical discussion, as well as non-trivial homeworks.

By Paresh D

Jul 27, 2019

Another great course by Christopher Brooks.This specialization is more project oriented and has very little theory content,which I like.Great work.

By 15Y6C31 F K X A

Apr 12, 2018

Great course, it would have been better If the course material delved deeper into what kind of plots will be useful when looking at a fresh problem

By Henri

Feb 23, 2019

I was not sure what to expect as many other options for plotting data are available, but I thought the course was very interesting and insightful.

By 刘志成

Jun 1, 2017

Nice Course ! I have learnt some principle of plotting and it helps me to view my graph more critically. Also, I enjoy the peer review assignment.

By Ankit Y

Dec 15, 2017

This course is so wonderful. I realised the importance of charts and plots before and it sheds a whole new light on the topic.

Wonderful content!

By Blazej R

Apr 13, 2021

Very good inspiration for exploring more on charting! I enjoyed and started using some of the techniques immediately in my field of occupation.

By Casey M

Great content and challenging. I like how you can choose difficulty of some of the assignments to accommodate a broader range of skill levels.

By Luis D H Q

Jun 30, 2020

This course is perfect for anyone that wants to learn about matplotlib, statistics, and making trustworthy visualizations as a data scientist.

By Julian O

May 16, 2018

Really useful course showing lots of techniques to present data along with discussion of good design principles for effective presentation.

By Pranav I

Aug 1, 2020

U-Mich has an excellent handle on how to tap into the student's curiosity and maintain engagement even in online courses. Very Impressive!

By Michail B

Dec 14, 2020

Very good course! Particularly useful - and very essential to my view - that all the assignments are hands on and based on "real" cases!

By David T

Aug 17, 2020

This is a good class as it builds on what you learned in the first class. I feel that I know have a better understanding of dataframes.

By muskan m

It was quite difficult to understand this week ,and the most difficult portion was to do the project

But overall sir explained very well

By Robert H

Jun 4, 2019

Nice overview of plotting, and some more advanced features. I was hoping for more snazzy visualizations, but this is a good foundation

By Ashtad J

Sep 8, 2019

Good course about data visualization in Python. Also, the course discusses the fundamentals of good visualization that I found useful.

By MARTÍN R M M

Jul 5, 2020

Excellent course. I knew how to do basic plots. This course take me to a next level making more interesting, useful and beauty plots.

By philip n

Sep 22, 2017

I am currently in week 2 of the course, and I can say that I am enjoying myself. The course is insightful, and requires some thought.

By Aakash K

Jun 8, 2020

The lectures are quite fast and hard to understand at one go but the assignments are pretty good to learn and understand the basics

By Adeel R

Apr 3, 2017

Excellent course! not for beginners though. Intensive work assignment, made it possible to work hard on charting. I learned a lot!

By Michael O

Apr 2, 2019

Good course, I particularly enjoyed the peer reviewed assignments, it was fun to learn the different methods that people employed.

By Kristen C

Apr 6, 2017

Great instruction and introduction to matplotlib capabilities, includes opportunity to use your own creativity in the final assign

By Sergey K

Oct 4, 2017

This course requires a lot of work, but brings you a strong experience in data plotting using several tools available for Python.

By aaron_lang

Aug 13, 2017

I like the fact that only only I can learn from doing assignments, but I also can absorb knowledge from judging peer assignments.