Back to Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce the learner to information visualization basics, with a focus on reporting and charting using the matplotlib library. The course will start with a design and information literacy perspective, touching on what makes a good and bad visualization, and what statistical measures translate into in terms of visualizations. The second week will focus on the technology used to make visualizations in python, matplotlib, and introduce users to best practices when creating basic charts and how to realize design decisions in the framework. The third week will be a tutorial of functionality available in matplotlib, and demonstrate a variety of basic statistical charts helping learners to identify when a particular method is good for a particular problem. The course will end with a discussion of other forms of structuring and visualizing data. This course should be taken after Introduction to Data Science in Python and before the remainder of the Applied Data Science with Python courses: Applied Machine Learning in Python, Applied Text Mining in Python, and Applied Social Network Analysis in Python....

OK
Jun 26, 2020

its actually a good course as it starts from fundamentals of visualization to the data visualization,the assignments this course provide are exciting and full of knowledge that you learn in course ..

RM
May 13, 2020

I am going for the specialization and I know this is just the second course in it and I haven't even seen the further courses yet, but this is already my most favourite course in the specialization.

151 - 175 of 898 Reviews for Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python

By Pieter J V V V

Feb 13, 2019

Inspires you to create attractive visualisations with a balanced representation, while creating something what you really want, while actively suggesting to explore the API to get to that result.

By Tejas n

Sep 3, 2020

Excellent Course as the previous one in this specialization. One of the things I liked is the skills gained in previous course are required to start the assignment. Very well designed as always

By Lawnardo S

Oct 30, 2020

Thanks for the course! Now, I can apply what I learned from here to many applications in my study/work. It's a useful course; heads up for those who wants to be able to plot charts with Python

By LIM h

Jun 13, 2018

After listening to this lecture, I think I learned how to use Python to express the analyzed data appropriately to people other than me. I wish you all the best for your continued development.

By ENZHE L

Oct 1, 2017

it is a good course to help me have a glance to the data visualization area. However, I think I cannot learned a lot from the course and the homework is so easy that I haven't practice enough.

By Richa C

Jun 19, 2020

It was a great learning experience as an individual is forced to explore all the official documentations of plotting and charting.The assignments were also very versatile .Loved the course!

By Katrina-Kay A

Sep 28, 2020

Each week for this course is fantastic, but where it really shines is in the final project, which gives you the freedom to apply the techniques you have learned to your interests/passions.

By Thoriqul A

Sep 13, 2020

Nice course to study more aplicable to become data science. this provide any basic ploting that give insight and knowledge how to build data visualization more efectively and insightfull

By Anurag D

Aug 31, 2020

AMAZING COURSE!!!! Taught me a lot about matplotlib. Thank you Coursera for offering us this opportunity and learn something new. Amazing instructor and the assignments were well at par.

By Gowri T

Sep 24, 2019

Excellent introduction to matplotlib and hands on projects to learn the concepts. I'm happy with the visualizations I've built. Also got a foundation to delve further into this field.

By Tautvydas

Nov 14, 2020

Good starting course for data representation in Python. Gave a different view on charts in general. Also, assignments gave me the inspiration to apply course material in practice.

By Rodolfo L

Mar 28, 2018

Pretty awesome course! it's not a walk in the park, though. If you do love data science, and apply what you learn on the course, with some grit and perseverance, you'll prevail.

By Julio A M P

Jul 20, 2020

Learned allot about plotting and how matplotlib works. I still got a long ways to go to be an expert but now if I have any question I know what and were to look for the answer-

By Avatar G

Jun 13, 2020

The Course cleared all of my doubts regarding plots, also due to peer graded assignments i learned many new things and got an idea how other peers are doing their assignments.

By Adolfo G S

Sep 17, 2018

This course helps you overcome your knowledge and gives you knowledge about the type of graphics and how they should be done. Makes you give more than 100% of your knowledge

By Xiaofeng Z

Apr 6, 2017

Very hands-on course. Instructor won't teach everything. Students need to do some search on the internet to complete the assignment. It is not that easy but quite rewarding!

By James S

Feb 13, 2019

Excellent course. Very well thought through. The Week 3 project is really great too. As challenging as you want and definitely worth working hard on it. You'll learn a ton.

By João R W S

Apr 3, 2017

Very good! Cover the basics and somes of not that basic of matplotlib as well as an introduction to ploting with pandas and seaborn. Essentials tools for a data scientist.

By Jeff S

Nov 8, 2017

Great class, I learned a lot about matplotlib. There are so many things I still do not know, but the course did a great job of showing me the potential of the package.

By Vladimir

Aug 28, 2017

Brilliant course. Very intense, new information is tightly packed and practical skills are guaranteed to be acquired.

Requires extra focus and dedication from a student.

By Pa O C

Nov 7, 2020

This course has enabled me to look at visualisation in an entirely new way and the structure and quality of the content is extraordinary! Would highly recommend it!

By Reginaldo S

Mar 10, 2020

I learned a lot about data representation and plotting in Python language using matplotlib. Perfect course for those who wants to explorer more about visualization.

By Maciej W

Jul 25, 2018

Professor Brooks is the best, very to the point, precise and hands on course. I strongly recommend to anyone interested in gaining python knowledge in data science.

By Laby D C

Aug 23, 2020

That coursera is wonderful thank for this course I understand the data representation in python with matplotlib, seaborn and pandas. It was very helpful for me.

By Christopher W

Sep 9, 2019

Great way to enhance skills in data visualization. I would recommend this course to anybody in any sort of position that would like to make data look beautiful!