Back to Python Project for Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Project for Data Science by IBM

This mini-course is intended to for you to demonstrate foundational Python skills for working with data. The completion of this course involves working on a hands-on project where you will develop a simple dashboard using Python. This course is part of the IBM Data Science Professional Certificate and the IBM Data Analytics Professional Certificate. PRE-REQUISITE: **Python for Data Science, AI and Development** course from IBM is a pre-requisite for this project course. Please ensure that before taking this course you have either completed the Python for Data Science, AI and Development course from IBM or have equivalent proficiency in working with Python and data. NOTE: This course is not intended to teach you Python and does not have too much instructional content. It is intended for you to apply prior Python knowledge....

VV
Aug 17, 2021

It was an awesome and very hard experience. I struggled a lot with the final assignments, which led to me learning a lot of new things and learning them good. I am giving this project/course 10/10.

CH
Feb 24, 2021

I enjoyed this class. It has less lecture and more figuring things out. It was not in my original certificate program, and I decided to go upgrade and pick it up. Glad I did.

26 - 50 of 215 Reviews for Python Project for Data Science

By Velin T

Aug 18, 2021

By oon a

Mar 7, 2021

this course has been renewed. now with more content (videos also readings), it is a great course to learn about web scraping. valuable for getting datasets.

By Christian H

Feb 27, 2021

Excellent course for data science, but coding experience is necessary.

By vignaux

Feb 22, 2021

Perfect to practice python, pandas, etc.

Great work

By Aldair G

Feb 17, 2021

Hard but worthy

By John G

Mar 16, 2021

It's not as bad as many people wrote. It was challenging for me as a beginner to python, but it was possible to do if you took notes and reviewed the previous labs. I like that it included work that a financial analyst might have to do. What I didn't like was that in the final project, it wasn't completely clear what to take screen shots of (be sure to take them of ALL the graphs) and that a couple of the tasks were the same. I can't say that I know how to program in Python after this project, but I certainly learned a lot.

By Phạm N M H

May 31, 2021

Compare to the 4 previous courses in DS professional certificate, I'll say this course will worth your time, although the IBM stuff kinda piss me off. Through this course, you will understand what and how to crawl data from a web page - something you will usually hear like (crawl data from facebook, twitter,...etc) and you can play around with the notebook to get used to it and understand how to crawl data in the most efficiently way and a little bit of visualization

By Laith K

Mar 18, 2021

Good knowledge to learn, but can there please be an option to challenge peer grading? person who graded mine took off 2 points and when I looked back to see what was wrong, my solution matched the given solution exactly?????

By Jacob B

Mar 7, 2021

This course was added to the curriculum for the IBM Data Science course while I was already enrolled in Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python. After finishing that course, Coursera wouldn't allow me to enroll in the next course, Data Analysis with Python. I was notified, "you are currently enrolled in an old version of the specialization. Upgrade the specialization to continue with your purchase." When I click to upgrade, there's an error. I assumed this was due to the addition of Python Project for Data Science, so I thought I would start this course instead of moving on to the next course. Coursera charged me $49 to add the Python Project for Data Science course, when I was under the impression that all courses are included in my subscription fee.

I do think it's important to be able to pull data from HTML, and how that process works was interesting. However, I found that the labs, especially the final assessment, did not follow very closely with the videos. This course required a lot more independent research when compared to other courses in the curriculum. There were multiple typos in the labs, and the whole thing felt thrown together as an afterthought. Now it's preventing me from enrolling in other courses until I figure out how to upgrade the version I'm enrolled in.

By Ian M S

Feb 22, 2021

Nice to have a practical, but the environment is not as good as coding in an IDE which I think would be closer to real work experience. The instructions were sometimes confusing, sometimes didn't explain what to do properly, sometimes included functions that we didn't learn about and sometimes left out important details that were critical to write code that didn't fail. I think the course would improve if they could better simulate an software environment we'd find in a work place and if they polished up the instructions. I wasted so much time just trying to understand the instructions, googling how to do certain things that should've been taught in the course materials and looking through the discussion forums for why my code was failing which could've been avoided with better instructions.

By samantha d

Apr 12, 2021

I found this course very frustrating. I felt like they didn't really explain how to do anything and that you really needed to have more background in Python to understand how to do it. I honestly had to go back and make sure that I didn't miss a course that would've set me up for this course. I managed to get through the final assignment but I didn't learn anything and wouldn't be able to duplicate anything I did. This course really made me re-think about pursuing this whole area of study since I had such a frustrating time with this. This course definitely needs more tutorials with hands-on experience; something besides things like opening a Watson Studio account.

By Amanda E

Mar 20, 2021

HORRIBLE course. You basically already need to be at an intermediate level with python and html to know how to do anything. The video instruction has absolutely nothing to do with what they actually expect you to be able to perform in the hands-on labs and final assignment. Which makes no sense sense the ibm data science certificate program is supposed to be for beginners. All in all I learned absolutely nothing, not even outside sources helped. If you really want to learn web scraping I recommend taking an entirely separate course from this.

By Olivier H

Apr 11, 2021

This is by far the worst course they offer in this certificate... for some reason all the other courses were hard, but doable. This one has minimal information to help you complete either the exercises or the quizzes. You guys will have to do better because it literally makes me want to stop this course

By Hira L

Mar 23, 2021

Not sure why this course was placed 5th in the IBM Data Analyst/Data Scientist Specialization. I was only able to complete it once I studied "Data Analysis with Python". The instructions/lessons were very vague and felt insufficient to complete the final assignment.

By Stephanie W

Apr 15, 2021

Up until this class I thought the content was very well organized. one of the most frustrating things about this project is that some of the concepts it covers are introduced in the next class. there is a serious issue with the sequencing of course material.

By João S

Mar 9, 2021

The test is not supported by what is learned on the module. It should be thoroughly revised. The goal of a test is not to trick a student but to check overall capabilities and even, TEACH

By Husan K T

Mar 23, 2021

Usually, I don't rate courses cause I don't have this kinda ability to reflex, but this course is different. It got a lot of negative rates and opinions that it's kinda too difficult. But I completed this course within one day and all the previous courses in specialization and even the latest one are enough. And course project is very interesting, giving real world scenario. Thanks for the course team!

By Alpesh G

Jun 30, 2021

This Python Project for Data Science course helped me in understanding BeautifulSoup library and its real life used cases. Web Scrapping is also very well explained. The use of Plotly library also gave great insights in the form of charts and graph. Looking forward to explore more into this newly acquired skill set. Thank you IBM and Coursera for this great course and access to IBM Watson Studio.

By Noel A S

Mar 18, 2021

This course was pretty challenging, but also very fulfilling once completed. Taking it has definitely boosted my confidence in tackling the rest of this course. Since this is relatively new, the initial reviews that I read had me skeptical about the content, but it looks like whatever problems there may have been have now been ironed out - and I'm thankful for it!

By Rabot'ko D N

May 6, 2021

Hi! This is a great course! It is desirable to have at least a basic knowledge of python. Even without any skills, I recommend this course, it takes you from the basics of the language to the very essence of its use. I happily remembered what I knew, repeated it, and gained new knowledge. Thank you for this course!

By Маричев И С

Mar 6, 2021

In comparison with other IBM courses, this one is objectively weaker, due to the small amount of information provided. At the same time, it is always useful to repeat parsing materials, and laboratory materials are beyond praise. Upfront 5 stars, but recommend deepening the course.

By Samuel K N

Mar 25, 2021

I've enjoyed the course more than I was expecting. I believe they have upgraded it, looking at previous reviews.

I liked that we had to look at libraries to get the slight changes to the code taught in previous courses.

I also think the time pressure is a good gauge to get it done.

By Robert H

Mar 14, 2021

Loved it. Webscraping is one of the core skills that I've been wanting to learn, so I love that you guys created this new minicourse to give more focus to it! Great that you used the ongoing Tesla and GameStop stock news to make the subject matter topical too!

By Manoj M

Mar 29, 2021

It was a good course with a good project on web scrapping from a stock and revenue websites to practice and complete the course. bit confident on API requests, Web scrapping of tables in the website after completing this course

By Brian C

Mar 18, 2021

This was excellent, I really needed an opportunity to apply the techniques learned so far and this was an excellent example. Well guided, but didn't totally hold your hand - was good to get me thinking.