Back to Applied Social Network Analysis in Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Social Network Analysis in Python by University of Michigan

This course will introduce the learner to network analysis through tutorials using the NetworkX library. The course begins with an understanding of what network analysis is and motivations for why we might model phenomena as networks. The second week introduces the concept of connectivity and network robustness. The third week will explore ways of measuring the importance or centrality of a node in a network. The final week will explore the evolution of networks over time and cover models of network generation and the link prediction problem. This course should be taken after: Introduction to Data Science in Python, Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python, and Applied Machine Learning in Python....

NK
May 2, 2019

This course is a excellent introduction to social network analysis. Learnt a lot about how social network works. Anyone learning Machine Learning and AI should definitely take this course. It's good.

JL
Sep 23, 2018

It was an easy introductory course that is well structured and well explained. Took me roughly a weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope the professor follows up with more advanced material.

101 - 125 of 392 Reviews for Applied Social Network Analysis in Python

By Sarah H H

Jun 3, 2019

i found this course to be fun and straightforward. The assignments were directly aligned to instruction. Great course!

By Christian P

Dec 29, 2019

Excellent, well taught and in-depth programming exercises. I really got my hands into programming with networkx here.

By Oscar J O R

Oct 15, 2017

A really good course. Notebooks could be very useful to practice and maybe more exercises(not graded) with real data.

By Bhavraaj S

Jun 4, 2020

But why am i not getting certififcate of completion.I need it with tthe course which holds more value than learning

By Slavisa D

Jun 9, 2019

Very helpful, I didn't know anything about graphs, networks modelling and the NetworkX package before this course.

By Juan M

Nice, delves on graph theory in quite an intuitive way, with exercises on Python. Can be recommended to a friend

By Yunhong H

Mar 23, 2019

Great course. The lectures are taught clearly. The knowledge gained in this course is very useful in real world.

By Karamcheti S R H

Dec 9, 2020

Very much satisfied with the course. Explanation is good project is very useful can be shown off in cv/ resume

By Iurii S

Feb 16, 2018

A great introduction to network analysis. Assignments are easy, but provide a good first glimpse at the topic.

By Darren

Sep 24, 2017

The best course I had on coursera ever, it really broaden my scope of knowledge. It worth waiting so much time

By Phillip L C

Dec 25, 2018

Just the greatest class to sum up what is going on in the crazy network media and using what we have learned.

By Diego T B

Dec 11, 2018

very useful and engaging. A was hoping a very different scope on the course but this approach did very well.

By Vivek R N

Aug 31, 2020

Really amazing course. The instructor is really nice and he explained the concepts in a really nice manner.

By Fernando M

Aug 31, 2020

Great course. I enjoyed the whole specialization I am very grateful with Coursera and Michigan University.

By Daniel B

Apr 2, 2019

Great introduction to social graph analysis, along with a very useful and popular Python package NetworkX.

By Edilson S

Nov 25, 2019

Perfect Course! Exactly what I was looking for to deep my understanding in Graph Theory and Practice!

By Michal C

Oct 16, 2017

The course was interesting and valuable . Videos were clear and well organized.

I enjoyed studding it.

By Aya

Feb 26, 2019

The course covered many relevant topics and was very easy to follow and apply to the real world.

By Landon M L

Oct 24, 2017

Good instruction because the explanation with some good examples that improve my comprehension.

By Wenlei Y

Nov 23, 2019

This course really opens my eye, providing a new standpoint from which we visualize "network".

By Ivan S F

Jun 2, 2019

Very very good course. It provides a brief but comprehensive introduction to network analysis.

By Benjamin R

Jun 9, 2018

Very good insights into social network analysis. I particularly liked the final assignment.

By Rocco C

Oct 9, 2017

Very interesting course, thank you. The assignments could have been a bit more challenging.

By Long T B

Oct 27, 2020

I really appreciate Coursera for offering this course. It is very valuable to my research.

By Estella C

Jul 30, 2020

Very practical course! Explained all the concepts very clear and with meaning examples.