Back to Applied Text Mining in Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Applied Text Mining in Python by University of Michigan

4.2

This course will introduce the learner to text mining and text manipulation basics. The course begins with an understanding of how text is handled by python, the structure of text both to the machine and to humans, and an overview of the nltk framework for manipulating text. The second week focuses on common manipulation needs, including regular expressions (searching for text), cleaning text, and preparing text for use by machine learning processes. The third week will apply basic natural language processing methods to text, and demonstrate how text classification is accomplished. The final week will explore more advanced methods for detecting the topics in documents and grouping them by similarity (topic modelling). This course should be taken after: Introduction to Data Science in Python, Applied Plotting, Charting & Data Representation in Python, and Applied Machine Learning in Python....

CC

Aug 27, 2017

Quite challenging but also quite a sense of accomplishment when you finish the course. I learned a lot and think this was the course I preferred of the entire specialization. I highly recommend it!

GK

May 04, 2019

Lectures are very good with a perfect explanation. More than lectures I liked the assignment questions. They are worth doing. You will get to know the basic foundation of text mining. :-)

126 - 150 of 382 Reviews for Applied Text Mining in Python

By JATIN G

Nice Course, good learning

By Adrian L

Very nicely done!

By Dirisala S

Jul 24, 2019

The course is fantastic and it helps in enhancing your skills if you are a beginner.

By Shwetank A

Jul 26, 2019

nice experience and learning

By Ankush R

Jul 27, 2019

One of the best courses in NLP that I've come across thanks Coursera and University of Michigan

By Igor K

Jul 30, 2019

Nice course for beginners

By Yufan L

Aug 01, 2019

A lot of self-learning. The assignment is challenging, but well designed! The forum is the key to understand the Computer science writing style in the assignment :)

By sandeep d

Aug 03, 2019

Amazing

By Vijay G V

Aug 05, 2019

Good course with notebooks to try out

By Sarah H H

May 21, 2019

Loved this course. the pacing, the instruction. it flowed and I felt i could execute what I learned without too much head scratching due 'missing leaps of info'.

By Tianyang N

Aug 18, 2019

Good

By Neville M

Aug 22, 2019

Does exactly what it says on the label. Makes you really think about what you are doing with the text. Highly recommended.

By Валерий Н Г

Aug 25, 2019

Great course! Even fighting with the grader didn't spoil the joy from learning new things)) Forum with useful comments of classmates is really a big deal. Thank you everyone who succeeded and shared their findings.

By Venelin K

Aug 25, 2019

Great course!

By Fadhel A

Jul 04, 2019

This course give the basic idea in each module existed in text and natural language processing kits. A lot more for self-explore, but this will intrigue to begin sooner and learn wider.

By Yuhung C J

Jul 15, 2019

The last assignment is really challenging!!! Good course for text mining introduciton!

By laurent.bilke@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2019

Great course. Does cover a lot of ground on the topic. The assignments are challenging, as should be.

By Anurag B

Jun 12, 2019

Great Content!! Productive Session!!

By DEBAYAN M

Jun 12, 2019

Excellent! Too Good!

By John H E O

May 28, 2019

This course for me was demanding! I truly enjoyed all the concepts I learned.

By Ron B

May 28, 2019

I am a Data Engineer with a degree in Computer Science who wanted to learn more about Natural Language Processing for a small project I wanted to build. I had no prior knowledge of NLP other than some regular expression work from college and a basic knowledge of what tokenizing, tagging and classification were at a high level. This course was a great introduction into the field and has given me a solid applicable foundation to continue my education. I wanted something that was light in theory and heavier in application and this course hit a great balance. Contrary to many of the other reviews, I didn't have a problem with the autograder, most of the time I got an answer incorrect was due to not reading the question carefully enough. The assignments were great in my opinion and actually helped drive home the points made in the lectures. I recommend this class to anyone who wants to get their feet wet in the subject.

By Joe

Sep 25, 2019

Really good overview, with just the right amount of detail

By Halil K

Oct 02, 2019

Excellent course. Teaches useful knowledge and skills and does it with a very good teaching staff.

By Vinayak

Oct 08, 2019

Well-structured, awesome pedagogy and challenging assignments. It has all the elements it takes to make a MOOC epic! Thanks UMich and Coursera for helping put this course together and allowing me to pursue it.

By Utkarsh T