Back to Qualitative Research Methods

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Qualitative Research Methods by University of Amsterdam

In this course you will be introduced to the basic ideas behind the qualitative research in social science. You will learn about data collection, description, analysis and interpretation in qualitative research. Qualitative research often involves an iterative process. We will focus on the ingredients required for this process: data collection and analysis. You won't learn how to use qualitative methods by just watching video's, so we put much stress on collecting data through observation and interviewing and on analysing and interpreting the collected data in other assignments. Obviously, the most important concepts in qualitative research will be discussed, just as we will discuss quality criteria, good practices, ethics, writing some methods of analysis, and mixing methods. We hope to take away some prejudice, and enthuse many students for qualitative research....

KF
Dec 20, 2018

I found this a very useful way of getting a basic introduction to qualitative research methods, without just sitting down with some text books. The content was engaging and at the right level for me.

DR
Oct 8, 2016

The teacher is really passionate, everything's very clear and easy to understand. It's full of all the basic knowledge one needs to know about qualitative research methods to begin working with them.

126 - 150 of 328 Reviews for Qualitative Research Methods

By arpita s

Feb 21, 2018

Very detailed. Very engaging. Extremely well researched! More on Analysis and Writing would be appreciated

By Richard R

Jun 20, 2016

Very good course. The tutor is simply awesome! His passion oozes out through every thought, word, gesture.

By Giovanni G S M F

Oct 26, 2018

It´s a very interesting and useful course, the lecturer is very funny, and the contents are well exposed.

By Teri B

Jan 27, 2017

Engaging lecturer, relevant content. I was able to immediately use the content of this course in my work.

By Juan D d C R

Jul 30, 2017

Excellent in all ways! I enjoyed a lot doing field work and analyzing results from all over the world

By M. B

Jul 8, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Highly recommend if you just want to brush up on your research skills.

By E G V

Oct 9, 2020

I loved the explanations. The instructor found some really good examples to understand the theory.

By SAMWEL O O

Aug 18, 2020

Taking this training has put me on the right track towards a great career in research. Thank You!

By Dr. S H

Nov 1, 2017

Excellent Course. Very interactive. Faculty is excellent. Keeps the learner engaged for 8 weeks!!!

By Jose D N M

Dec 9, 2018

A really well prepared course! It could be good that some things of the course were updated

By Petko N M

Jun 20, 2017

It is a great course, though most of the recommended reading is inaccessible in my country.

By Andréia F C

Aug 17, 2020

It was a course brilliantly designed, and it helped me get started in qualitative research

By VIRGINIA R A

Jun 27, 2020

Excelente curso, aprendí mucho. El tiempo que se tiene para cursarlo me parece excelente.

By Huang h

Dec 22, 2015

This is a very good course that is helpful both to UG students and experts in this topic.

By hansoh

Dec 10, 2015

Very animated and enthusiastic instructor. Providing the lecture slides was very helpful.

By Sharon H

Nov 14, 2020

This was an excellent overview of qualitative research methods. I would recommend it.

By SoroushAMD

Oct 5, 2020

Very eye-opening and insightful for the newcomers into the field Qualitative Research

By Indiana L

Nov 5, 2020

Incredible and creative, just some tasks might be difficult to understand at first

By Mehvish K S

Aug 16, 2020

Excellent insights for beginners in Qualitative Research, with a great instructor!

By Rodrigo R F

Jan 1, 2018

Great course. Very important to understand basic concepts on qualitative research!

By Bertha I A T

Oct 4, 2017

I really liked the assignments given to put in practice what we learnt in class.

By Camiel p

Jul 15, 2020

Great stuff, really opened my eyes to the world of qualitative research methods

By MARK P T

Sep 1, 2017

This course helped me to understand more about Qualitative Research.

Very Good!!

By Humberto C C

Nov 26, 2015

A wordeful course. full energy and ideas for data analysis, Highly recommended

By Uma J

Nov 3, 2020

Very very good content!! Thank you for taking is through so effortlessly...!!