Back to Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees by University of Minnesota

Finding and hiring the right people is often cited as the number one concern of businesses today. It seems we are all competing for the best and brightest workers. As you will see in our time together in the second course, a critical component of the People Manager Value Proposition is to hire talented people who enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals. This course is an introduction into the topic of recruitment, selection and onboarding. At the outset of the course we will explore the importance of linking recruitment goals with overall company strategy. We then look at a number of options to recruit and select employees both effectively and legally. Throughout the course we will examine current issues in talent acquisition, such as how companies are now leveraging social media and hiring analytics to ensure better quality hires. At the conclusion of the course, we look at how to onboard employees to promote employee commitment and engagement....

KM
Nov 25, 2020

Great course to learn the theoretical background of HR management through practical applications. I highly recommend this course. Thank you all for the immense support provided throughout the course.

SB
Sep 7, 2017

It was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire bit of this course. Very interactive. Took a lot from this course. Very happy. Hoping to enroll for more courses in future. Thanks once again Coursera.

26 - 50 of 771 Reviews for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

By Gergana B

Jan 21, 2021

I was really impressed with the course. In addition to the clearly presented theoretical part, the lectures give many examples from real business and practice for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding.

Tests and exams ask questions requiring not only information from lectures, but also critical thinking. The lecturers are wonderful professionals. Thank you for the opportunity not only to learn, but also to apply the processes fairly.

By Natsuko K

Mar 12, 2021

I was about to take over the Human Resource manager role to replace the current one. I did not want to start the role without any knowledge; I decided to take the specialization. I realized the satisfaction is not enough for employees to engage. I am about to hire one more employee under me. All parts will help me hire, but the onboarding process will help me prepare for the new employee. Thank you so much for the great course!

By Erick Y

Jul 26, 2021

This se really help me understanding the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process of HR. Especially when explaining about how important a structured interview is. This help me to know which criteria is important and which less important to consider during the selection process. What should and shouldn't asked during an interview are both also important. So that we could get the information that related with the job.

By Yheizzi U

Oct 13, 2021

It was very complete, highlighted the fact you can't lose the human in human resources and the importance of paying attention to those details that might make the difference during the recruitment process until they become new hires. Also, you want to make sure you truly understand why you are hiring that role and how having a plan established for those first 90days is crucial to ensure the success of the new hire.

By Daniela P

Nov 5, 2020

The material covered was good and the professor was very pleasant.

However the technical quality of the videos was not very good. The sound volume had variation from one clip to other, making it annoying to follow, especially with a head set ( either too low followed by too loud ). Also there are few videos that skip, the idea / phrase is cut in the middle before is finished and the other one starts.

By Anna L H C C

Jul 16, 2021

Very good course with very good teatchers, I loved the opportunity to interact with so many people around the world! It is a great course, very complete for people who are already in the HR area, but very understandble for people who are not in the area too! Very didatic and very good classes, I loved the teachers methods for teaching. I even think I want to work for Google now thanks to Amy hahaha!

By Rajes S

Oct 31, 2020

This course is really fantastic, no doubt. Enjoyed in a genuine sense. One thing would like to mention that voice quality of the video lectures should be improved. Sound level need to be equal at all stages of a single video lecture. It observed that at the beginning of each video lecture sound remains low for a few seconds or minutes then it increases suddenly and it happens with every lecture!

By Wonseon L

Aug 13, 2019

This is my first coursera class I completed. Even if I have never gone abroad to study my major or other job related fields. But i feel like going abroad and being a university student which is very very famous.I enjoyed and wil go on a sail for another career chance. it's very helpful even if I already have over 10 yrs of HR experiences in diverse indus

By Marina B

Jan 12, 2018

Very interesting programm of studies. Professors provide a wide understanding of Recruiting, Hiring and Onboarding area, they also give usefull advices and share their professional experience. Individual writing tasks help to learn even deeply every week's course. Absolutely recommend this course to everyone who is interested in HR Management.

By Mario V

Jun 24, 2018

Its a great starting point for any recruiter, and its also good for those looking to refresh core concepts. I wholeheartedly recommend this to future or now active recruiters. For those of you with ample experience, this is not a deep dive as some might expect, but I still found useful tips within the lessons that made it worth it.

By Muhammad W K

Dec 1, 2018

Well i am here to complete the all courses which are included in specification. I must say every teacher has his/her own style which i liked. I learn many things from this course which surely help me in Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees. Special thanks to course instructors and all those who make this possible.

By MAURICIO C T

Dec 9, 2018

Excellent content, and explanation. This course makes the student much more confident to the HR in genneral. Even there are some different issues thata changes from a country to other, the content is very good. Thank you Mrs. Amy, Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota and Coursera for this opportunity.

By Ana L A U

Aug 9, 2020

As a recently graduated student I really liked this course, learned a lot about the importance of having a good onboarding program for new employees. Teachers are great and have lots of experience. However, I do believe this course is for people who don't have much experience in the area, such as me! Loved it!

By Haresh M

Mar 23, 2017

Being away from family, loved ones or friends during their video doesn't mean that you can't send them . Creating a sentimental and well thought of present will help them to connect back to you. If you are planning out a special presentation, then considering a video is a simple way to send them.

By RAHUL J

Dec 3, 2018

very interesting and amazing course provided by coursera. I love the way all the instructor were teaching. I have learnt a lot of things through online videos and the assignment i have done as a homework. It increased my productivity as well as change my way of thinking towards Hiring process.

By Meghana k

Jun 23, 2020

I have learnt so many unknown facts through this course.I feel that I have gained enough knowledge to take better in my career. Explanation by Amy was crisp,content and very clear. The concepts were easily understandable and tests made me where I stand and what aspects to take care of.

By Maria F

Jan 4, 2018

It was a great course to learn from, very informative, especially for me when I'm self-learning, without anyone in the senior level's assistance. Looking forward to putting what i've learned in the course into practice. Then i'll look for the other course with University of Minesotta!!

By Jawad I M

Jun 9, 2020

Such a great course. Thank you so much to the instructors. I came here to learn interviewing skills and I am leaving with learning a lot more than that. I wish I had more time to complete other courses from this module. But, nevertheless, it as a great learning opportunity.

By Bhanupriya A

Jul 1, 2019

I loved this course and the presenters had very good knowledge of the concepts. I loved the peer assignments and the verification of work by peers. Overall a very satisfying time spent on the course and this has made me more insightful and engaged at my job. Thanks all!!

By Pamela O

Jul 27, 2020

it was a great course...A lot was topic was thoroughly and extensively touched. I definitely learnt from this class especially the employee satisfaction and engagement. This will go a long way to help me in my job and career. Thank you Amy Falink and Stacy Doepner-Hove

By Sharon R B

Oct 5, 2018

I have learnt so much from this course it was a learning experience it open my eye to the recruiting, Hiring and Onboarding employees from an employer perspective and I really enjoy and loved this course. Thank both the tutor for doing an excellent job in the videos..

By Charmis T

Aug 30, 2020

The lessons are very informative and engaging. It explore topics of diversity and inclusion and conversations surrounding new trends in recruiting and on boarding processes. Making the learners equip before taking a dive into challenges of Human Resource Management.

By Eleftheria C

Sep 13, 2019

I found this course very useful either for experienced people or people with a little working experience. Very structured, enjoyed the instructors and I' ve learned some tips on attracting and selecting new hires that I didn't know. Thank you very much!

By Jo A V

Jul 5, 2018

Great teachers on onbarding. Amy was such a great person to listen to, and understanding how hiring and onboarding works. And her partner that did onboarding, did a great job. So much incite of how hiring and onboarding really should work. Thank you!!

By Muhammad I M

Oct 28, 2020

A well articulated syllabus of the course. Define and explain every aspect of the functions. I found it very help to enhance my skills.

The way of communication of the instructors was impressive and easy to understand by the individual ob basic level.