Back to Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees by University of Minnesota

Finding and hiring the right people is often cited as the number one concern of businesses today. It seems we are all competing for the best and brightest workers. As you will see in our time together in the second course, a critical component of the People Manager Value Proposition is to hire talented people who enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals. This course is an introduction into the topic of recruitment, selection and onboarding. At the outset of the course we will explore the importance of linking recruitment goals with overall company strategy. We then look at a number of options to recruit and select employees both effectively and legally. Throughout the course we will examine current issues in talent acquisition, such as how companies are now leveraging social media and hiring analytics to ensure better quality hires. At the conclusion of the course, we look at how to onboard employees to promote employee commitment and engagement....

KM
Nov 25, 2020

Great course to learn the theoretical background of HR management through practical applications. I highly recommend this course. Thank you all for the immense support provided throughout the course.

SB
Sep 7, 2017

It was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire bit of this course. Very interactive. Took a lot from this course. Very happy. Hoping to enroll for more courses in future. Thanks once again Coursera.

51 - 75 of 786 Reviews for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

By Eleftheria C

Sep 13, 2019

I found this course very useful either for experienced people or people with a little working experience. Very structured, enjoyed the instructors and I' ve learned some tips on attracting and selecting new hires that I didn't know. Thank you very much!

By Jo A V

Jul 5, 2018

Great teachers on onbarding. Amy was such a great person to listen to, and understanding how hiring and onboarding works. And her partner that did onboarding, did a great job. So much incite of how hiring and onboarding really should work. Thank you!!

By Muhammad I M

Oct 28, 2020

A well articulated syllabus of the course. Define and explain every aspect of the functions. I found it very help to enhance my skills.

The way of communication of the instructors was impressive and easy to understand by the individual ob basic level.

By Tahira U N

Jul 26, 2020

Thank You to both the instructors and guest speakers. This course was an amazing experience with which I got to experience both the theoretical and practical aspects of recruitment, selection and on boarding. I will be forever grateful to everyone.

By Joel B

Mar 12, 2021

This course opened me up to the hidden depths in recruitment, hiring and onboarding that I had taken for granted before now. Amy and Stacy are just exceptional. Thank you for sharing with me from your fountain of knowledge in this discipline.

By Ingrid C

Aug 14, 2019

Amazing courses. Instructors are fantastic. This style of learning is more engaging than just reading text books. Love the application of knowledge with the assignments, I feel it gives me more confidence in its application in the workplace.

By Aleison G

Apr 15, 2020

This course provides clear illustrations of HRM. The professors utilized various methods to ensure that students grasped the concepts and had a clear understanding that the principles of the hiring selection and onboarding processes of HRM.

By Shirley D

May 10, 2021

Quite a good course that taught me a lot, with a very personalised approach by the teachers. I really liked Amy's teaching style and videos. The peer-graded assignments required research and thinking, which says a lot about the course.

By Jared

Nov 3, 2020

This course provided the essential knowledge, tools, and best practices to develop as a manager. I learned how to take my management to the next level to best empower my team to reach their full potential. Highly recommend this course.

By Tashana L

Aug 2, 2018

This course was very educational I would definitely recommend doing this course if you want to get a better understanding about Human resources and the process of recruiting applicants. I really enjoyed learning this very insightful.

By Achiri T

Feb 21, 2017

I enjoyed all the courses in this specialization. They give you real insight into the world of HR. I am shortlisted in a job with an HR department thanks to my completion of this course. Immense thanks to the University of Minnesota

By ASUQUO G

Sep 19, 2019

Was very insightful. Learnt the importance of getting the right persons on the right chair in the organization, adopting selection processes that are reliable and valid, and lastly setting people up for success as a people manager.

By Lamwaka G J

May 22, 2020

This course gave me a great insight on how to easily onboard new hires, the process was broken down and well explained, i enjoyed the presentation. I simply loved it and i encourage everyone who is HR who hasn't taken it to do so.

By Lisi L

May 27, 2019

I'm new on the HR world and this course is perfectly providing the base to start to work on this field. Thank you for the great opportunity you're giving to all of us! and thanks to the professionals that are teaching this course!

By woody l

Feb 6, 2019

Fabulous course! learned a great deal about recruiting and love the additional onboarding info which is so vital to the organization but its seldom not enforced successfully which is really detrimental to the business overall.

By Md. S I

May 8, 2020

Great course and great learning. The lectures were informatic and representation was also satisfactory. The contents were okay but should be developed by the course of time. Although the sound quality was a little poor.

By Laura B

Mar 25, 2020

Synthetical, clear and useful at every grade of experience. It's preparatory as base knowledge to start from as it's perfect for experienced HR workers to improve. This course helps you fill the gaps in your knowledge.

By Karmen M

Feb 5, 2019

Amazing course! Very informative and useful! It develops skills and confidence in interviewing new team members, understanding the whole selection process, as well as onboarding new hires. Thanks for the opportunity.

By Md. F H

Nov 22, 2020

This entire course should be a great opportunity for fresh HR and for the experience to polish their method. I'm glad to participate and really looking forward to applying the knowledge in my own professional life.

By Mar M A

Oct 20, 2020

I have my inspiration of my learning and objected to understanding of Recruiting, Hiring and Onboarding and engaging of Employees. My accomplishment is I feel confident and developing my career goal to be success.

By NDZENGUE C F

Jul 27, 2020

Ce cours est excellent. j'ai beaucoup appris et renforcé mes connaissances en ce qui est du processus de recrutement et l'intégration. Un grand merci pour les professeurs et pour ce qui ont mis ce site en place.

By Vishal D

May 8, 2020

It's extremely great platform for upgrading your skills of HR .im really thankful to university of Minnesota that providing us such insightful sources of learning. I owe them for bringing such opportunity to me .

By Rebekah N

Nov 26, 2018

I loved Professor Amy Falink! Her examples in lecture discussions were helpful in learning new information. She really made me think outside the box when it comes to the importance of recruiting and onboarding!

By Regan G

Oct 30, 2020

this was a really good introduction into the field. I feel as a person who has never worked in the industry that I have some more insight into it and all that goes into it to make it as successful as possible

By Cassandra F

Apr 8, 2021

Great course, I learned a lot and everything was clear to understand. The PowerPoint was very helpful. I could not ask for more. Thank you so much for everything professor Amy and Stacy for all the help.