Back to Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees by University of Minnesota

Finding and hiring the right people is often cited as the number one concern of businesses today. It seems we are all competing for the best and brightest workers. As you will see in our time together in the second course, a critical component of the People Manager Value Proposition is to hire talented people who enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals. This course is an introduction into the topic of recruitment, selection and onboarding. At the outset of the course we will explore the importance of linking recruitment goals with overall company strategy. We then look at a number of options to recruit and select employees both effectively and legally. Throughout the course we will examine current issues in talent acquisition, such as how companies are now leveraging social media and hiring analytics to ensure better quality hires. At the conclusion of the course, we look at how to onboard employees to promote employee commitment and engagement....

KM

Nov 25, 2020

Great course to learn the theoretical background of HR management through practical applications. I highly recommend this course. Thank you all for the immense support provided throughout the course.

SB

Sep 7, 2017

It was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire bit of this course. Very interactive. Took a lot from this course. Very happy. Hoping to enroll for more courses in future. Thanks once again Coursera.

51 - 75 of 878 Reviews for Recruiting, Hiring, and Onboarding Employees

By Maria F

Jan 4, 2018

It was a great course to learn from, very informative, especially for me when I'm self-learning, without anyone in the senior level's assistance. Looking forward to putting what i've learned in the course into practice. Then i'll look for the other course with University of Minesotta!!

By HASHIF K P

Jan 9, 2022

Very Good course for gaining knowledge about the Human resource Management. it gave me special ideas and knowledge about the Recruiting, Hiring and Onboarding. Course system and lectures video class are very easy and helpful to understand. Thank you Coursera and Team for this course.

By Belinda B

Dec 4, 2021

Very thorough and well delivered. I enjoyed the breakdown of each section with highlights of scenarios and action steps that can be instituted immediately within my own organization. I feel more and more equipped to being knowledgeable during senior management meetings. Thank you!

By Jawad I M

Jun 9, 2020

Such a great course. Thank you so much to the instructors. I came here to learn interviewing skills and I am leaving with learning a lot more than that. I wish I had more time to complete other courses from this module. But, nevertheless, it as a great learning opportunity.

By Noufal A K

Jul 18, 2022

“Good to be updated on the changes that have taken place. Top marks for the Recruitment.” “Overall the course is going to be very useful in my day to day job.” “Really well done; made a dry subject really interesting, and clearly has a passion for HRM that shone through!

By Candice T

Dec 13, 2021

By far my favorite course! Enjoyed the lectures and the insight which Amy Simon had, really helped me to understand the course work better. Great practical real life examples added to the value of this course. Looking forwarding to applying my knowledge in the workplace.

By Bhanupriya A

Jul 1, 2019

I loved this course and the presenters had very good knowledge of the concepts. I loved the peer assignments and the verification of work by peers. Overall a very satisfying time spent on the course and this has made me more insightful and engaged at my job. Thanks all!!

By Pamela O

Jul 27, 2020

it was a great course...A lot was topic was thoroughly and extensively touched. I definitely learnt from this class especially the employee satisfaction and engagement. This will go a long way to help me in my job and career. Thank you Amy Falink and Stacy Doepner-Hove

By Sharon R B

Oct 5, 2018

I have learnt so much from this course it was a learning experience it open my eye to the recruiting, Hiring and Onboarding employees from an employer perspective and I really enjoy and loved this course. Thank both the tutor for doing an excellent job in the videos..

By Charmis T

Aug 30, 2020

The lessons are very informative and engaging. It explore topics of diversity and inclusion and conversations surrounding new trends in recruiting and on boarding processes. Making the learners equip before taking a dive into challenges of Human Resource Management.

By Piroska P

Mar 27, 2022

The generic part of the course is needed to understand the basics, it might look basics, yet important to define the pace of the course. For me the most exciting part was Onboarding employees, and how employee engagement is built! Thank you for UM and the trainers!

By RIA D

Jan 11, 2022

It was an amazing experience I had while learning from coursera . Looking forward to start my career in Human Resource Management and so, the first step of learning something new is completed successfully looking forward to learn more. Thank You Coursera .

By Eleftheria C

Sep 13, 2019

I found this course very useful either for experienced people or people with a little working experience. Very structured, enjoyed the instructors and I' ve learned some tips on attracting and selecting new hires that I didn't know. Thank you very much!

By Jo A V

Jul 5, 2018

Great teachers on onbarding. Amy was such a great person to listen to, and understanding how hiring and onboarding works. And her partner that did onboarding, did a great job. So much incite of how hiring and onboarding really should work. Thank you!!

By Muhammad I M

Oct 28, 2020

A well articulated syllabus of the course. Define and explain every aspect of the functions. I found it very help to enhance my skills.

The way of communication of the instructors was impressive and easy to understand by the individual ob basic level.

By Tahira U N

Jul 26, 2020

Thank You to both the instructors and guest speakers. This course was an amazing experience with which I got to experience both the theoretical and practical aspects of recruitment, selection and on boarding. I will be forever grateful to everyone.

By Miray M

May 23, 2022

was a great course

i am so thankful for the teachers

Ms. Amy you are adorble

i can't explain how much i enjoy with your methods and the way you were learning us.

a great one .. deserve so much respect .. thank you so much .. thanks for being there ..

By Joel B

Mar 12, 2021

This course opened me up to the hidden depths in recruitment, hiring and onboarding that I had taken for granted before now. Amy and Stacy are just exceptional. Thank you for sharing with me from your fountain of knowledge in this discipline.

By Ingrid C

Aug 14, 2019

Amazing courses. Instructors are fantastic. This style of learning is more engaging than just reading text books. Love the application of knowledge with the assignments, I feel it gives me more confidence in its application in the workplace.

By Aleison G

Apr 15, 2020

This course provides clear illustrations of HRM. The professors utilized various methods to ensure that students grasped the concepts and had a clear understanding that the principles of the hiring selection and onboarding processes of HRM.

By Shirley D

May 10, 2021

Quite a good course that taught me a lot, with a very personalised approach by the teachers. I really liked Amy's teaching style and videos. The peer-graded assignments required research and thinking, which says a lot about the course.

By Jared

Nov 3, 2020

This course provided the essential knowledge, tools, and best practices to develop as a manager. I learned how to take my management to the next level to best empower my team to reach their full potential. Highly recommend this course.

By Tashana L

Aug 2, 2018

This course was very educational I would definitely recommend doing this course if you want to get a better understanding about Human resources and the process of recruiting applicants. I really enjoyed learning this very insightful.

By Achiri T

Feb 21, 2017

I enjoyed all the courses in this specialization. They give you real insight into the world of HR. I am shortlisted in a job with an HR department thanks to my completion of this course. Immense thanks to the University of Minnesota

By ASUQUO G

Sep 19, 2019

Was very insightful. Learnt the importance of getting the right persons on the right chair in the organization, adopting selection processes that are reliable and valid, and lastly setting people up for success as a people manager.