Back to Refugees in the 21st Century

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Refugees in the 21st Century by University of London

This MOOC provides insight into the refugee phenomenon as one of the most complex, compelling and (arguably) misunderstood features of the 21st century. Taking a global perspective, it will outline the fundamentals of who ‘refugees’ are, where they come from and where they go, as well as delving into the features of the global system for refugee protection and ‘solutions’ for those who have been forcibly displaced. It places the student at the centre of the learning experience through engagement with a range of robust and challenging activities, materials and online peer engagement....

OA
Jan 18, 2021

Thank you so much Prof DAVID AND PROF SARAH, you both made this course very interesting and educative. l am leaving here with an enlighten mind on issues that borders migration and refugees.

DT
Mar 23, 2021

Thanks a lot, a must for people interested in social science, it gives an approach as to how governments, ONG's and UNHCR address these topics, the background and the challenges ahead

26 - 50 of 131 Reviews for Refugees in the 21st Century

By Jhoan R

Nov 29, 2020

The course helped me a lot, I was able to deepen the impact that the transfer of refugees has. In my country that helps me a lot, because there is a large population of refugees

By Guilherme S P d F

May 16, 2020

I loved participated of this course and learned a lot in this last 6 weeks. Thanks to the professors of University of London. This course will help a lot in my doctoral degree.

By John M N

Jun 22, 2021

Refugees in the 21st Century is an eye opener to the world of refugees beyond the Conventional understanding. I would do it again and again because of how interesting it is.

By Azajul I N

WOW. I really enjoyed this course. It nicely depicts the contents of the refugees in this 21st century. Thanks to the University of London for launching this awesome course.

By R A Q

Mar 16, 2021

It is a very informative and useful course. It helps me a lot to understand refugees' crises. Evaluate new and emerging challenges in the refugee field. I gain the skill of apply critical thinking when I apply legal and policy categories to reflect on factual scenarios. I enjoy taking this course, and I recommended it.

By marygorety a

Mar 30, 2021

The course is worth it .I have leant a lot from peers and Lecturers from the videos and shared materials and information from various countries in the world.What has come out clearly is lack of respect to humanity and political will to create a peaceful enviroment where resources are equatably shared.

By Ixchel P

Aug 15, 2020

Quedo bastante satisfecha de haber concluido este curso. Aprendí bastante sobre derechos humanos, migración y la gran tarea que queda por delante para este sector de la sociedad. Este curso me ha motivado a adentrarme aún más en el estudio de derechos humanos y diplomacia. ¡Muchas gracias!

By Fabrice P

Aug 20, 2021

i​ learned so much, very interesting course, this is a great course to help fighting misconception and discrimination against migrants, refugees, IDP, statelessness, asylum seeker . i wish this course to be taught in schools. Let's make a better world for everyone.

By CAMILLA T

Aug 29, 2020

Amazing course! So interesting and well structured. The readings were perfectly suitable and carefully selected to gave us a great insight to better understand the topics.

Thank you to Dr. Singer and Professor Cantor for such a well done course!

By Yesdev J

Oct 6, 2021

Last month when I was watching news I saw people falling from the last plane leaving Afghanistan. It was horrible and decided to understand their actions of desperation and wanted to know the root causes of IDP's and refugees.

By Sara G

Jul 22, 2020

Very interesting course! Perfect for those who want to have a better understanding of what means being a refugee and the global framework that provides for them. I really enjoyed the redings and the forum discussions.

By Simone A

Dec 20, 2020

The course provides relevant knowledge on different categories of displaced persons. Who are refugees? What does the term IDP stand for? How does International Law address the problem? Let's take the course!

By Lizbeth G

It was a great excellent introductory course for people interested in the subject. It will definitely help me better understand the refugee situation and improve my performance in my work in a refugee shelter.

By anya b

Jun 29, 2020

I truly enjoyed taking this course, it has been extremely informative and engaging. The course is impeccably designed and structured, and I would recommend to anyone with a keen interest in Refugee Politics.

By Mariana A

Oct 4, 2020

This course is good for those who want to understand the challenges of forced displacement nowadays. The course is so designed to make it easy for everyone to follow. The materials provided are also useful.

By RADHIKA M

Aug 31, 2020

This is a great course for someone who wants a real view of the world !... It really opens one eyed to the practical and fundamental problems people face ... A great faculty and a great learning experience

By Cemre A

Nov 29, 2020

If you looking for more interactive course with your peers, this will meet your expectation. You will find lots of course materials to read that really give you deeper understanding on the subject.

By Konstantinos K

Mar 20, 2021

Really enjoyed this MOOC. There are refugee crisis circumstances that are not shown on mass media as well as conflicts that produce more refugees than we expected. I found it really informative.

By Oddy A

Aug 31, 2021

I​ really enjoyed the course, the reading materials are foundational to understand the topic and provide a good learning experience. The discussion groups are also very useful. Thanks!

By Monica S

Apr 20, 2021

Interesting, and with a lot of information presented in such a way that is not only easy to understand but also incentives you to go on researching and find out more about the subject.

By Sany S

Jan 16, 2021

I was always interested in refugees and that course really helped me to understand and learn more globally this issue.The teachers were really helpful as well as the readings.

By Diana F O

Mar 4, 2021

This course was excellent. The structure was good and the content engaging. I am definitely more aware of the issues regarding refugees today; thanks to our professors!

By Bruna P C

Aug 16, 2020

Very happy with this course. As a student of Human Rights, I enjoyed knowing more about the current challenges of forced displacement and refugee law. 100% recommended.

By jina y

Mar 10, 2021

Fruitful and informative lecture. It was a great opportunity to learn about refugee situation and global protocol and institutional mechanisms! Thanks once again.

By Manas P

Oct 10, 2020

The course is very informative and knowledgeable. Its fun to learn! If there could be more visuals and videos in this course it would have been even more good !