Back to Regression Models

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Regression Models by Johns Hopkins University

4.4

Linear models, as their name implies, relates an outcome to a set of predictors of interest using linear assumptions. Regression models, a subset of linear models, are the most important statistical analysis tool in a data scientist’s toolkit. This course covers regression analysis, least squares and inference using regression models. Special cases of the regression model, ANOVA and ANCOVA will be covered as well. Analysis of residuals and variability will be investigated. The course will cover modern thinking on model selection and novel uses of regression models including scatterplot smoothing....

KA
Dec 16, 2017

Excellent course that is jam-packed with useful material! It is quite challenging and gives a thorough grounding in how to approach the process of selecting a linear regression model for a data set.

BA
Jan 31, 2017

It really helped me to have a better understanding of these Regression Models. However, I've noticed that there is a video recording repeated: Week 3, Model Selection. Part 3 is included in Part 2.

526 - 539 of 539 Reviews for Regression Models

By Fabiana G

Aug 31, 2016

I was really disappointed with this course. I took the other courses from Brian Caffo and truly enjoyed them. For the previous courses, I've always used the books and they helped me tremendously to be able to comprehend the material. There is a book for Regression Models but but it's a real mess. It feels like a draft that no one cared to take a second look. There is a bunch of wrong code and typos. The explanation doesn't go as far as it should. I had to resort to many different sources just to be able to get by the course. I hope the instructors review this course soon because it does not have the same quality as others. If they don't review it, don't bother paying for it. Try learning Regression Models elsewhere.

By Olivia U

Jun 10, 2020

This is, by far, the worse course of the whole specialization. The instructor has a talent to make this whole topic way more complicated than it is. I ended up auditing the Duke University course on the same subject to understand the concepts, as well as watching many youtube videos, which allowed me to properly do the course project (which is the only good thing about this course: applying what you've learned). I cannot recommend this course to anyone if it's not as part of the specialization.

By Lamont B

Sep 21, 2020

I tried to just deal with this course and the previous one (statistical inference) because I have been doing this for a lot of years. It's because of that, I passed this class. Those with no experience will find it hard to understand what is being taught without some additional help. Additionally, nothing that is taught is focused on in the quizzes or the final project, just some pieces, so why use those as grading methods?

By Lawrence G

Jun 5, 2020

The most worthless waste of my time this year. I learned more in an hour of browsing external sources than I did from the entirety of the course material, which was poorly structured and extremely dull. Were I not so heavily invested in this specialisation already, I would have cancelled my subscription over it.

By Robert O

Apr 6, 2016

Very little depth. I don't recommend this if you don't already have background in statistics or R. I really didn't learn anything. I mostly just gamed the quizzes and projects.

By Tom

Jul 22, 2017

Terrible. If you want to learn about regression, even in R, go elsewhere. This course damages the brands of Johns Hopkins and Coursera...anybody heard of quality control?

By Arjun N

Sep 22, 2020

Terrible. Lectures are useless and Questions are very hard. A lot of studying then comes from searching the internet, which nullifies the need of taking the course.

By Adnan B

Aug 13, 2019

This is the whole course that kind of discouraged me persuing data science field... i wish i wish i wish there was different instructor

By satakarni b

Nov 8, 2016

Not worth it for the bucks.

Instructor has tried his best to make no sense of the subject.

I would be happy for a refund.

By Stephen E

Jun 27, 2016

To be honest I don't think this is worth the money.

By Yan L

Dec 14, 2020

The instructor doesn't know how to teach.

By Shahryar N

Nov 29, 2018

The course is awfully simplified.

By Sharon E