Back to Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design by University of Michigan

It used to be the case that everyone viewed webpages on about the same size screen. But with the explosion of the use of smartphones to access the Internet, the landscape of design has completely changed. People viewing your site will now expect that it will perform regardless of the platform (smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer). This ability to respond to any platform is called responsive design. This course will expand upon the basic knowledge of CSS3 to include topics such as wireframes, fluid design, media queries, and the use of existing styling paradigms such as Bootstrap. After the course, learners will be able to: ** Explain the mobile-first paradigm and the importance of wireframes in the design phase ** Create sites that behave across a range of platforms ** Utilize existing design frameworks such as Bootstrap This is the fourth course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is expected when you enroll in this class. Additional courses focus on adding interactivity with the JavaScript Programming Language and completing a capstone project....

MA
Jul 19, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. Learn a lot of things. And find that in web designing good practices are more important. I have to read articles, blog to update my knowledge and to learn new things.

TM
Sep 25, 2019

Well-structured, well-taught and easy to follow course with great exercises to help improve your skills. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn responsive web design.

51 - 75 of 707 Reviews for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

By Daniel M L C

Jul 16, 2020

I really like the specialization but its a bit outdated, i think that for the sake of the new students you should talk and do practices in the newest version of bootstrap.

By Tran T D

Sep 28, 2019

Very good course for introduction to Responsive Design, a cricital element in front-end web development! I recommend to explore all the optional materials and assignments.

By eduardo p

Aug 13, 2016

This is the second course I do with Colleen. She is awesome, the way she explain each element is amazing. No matter what is your background, with her you will learn it.

By Nguyen D A

Oct 16, 2017

Very informative and useful course. I haven learned tons of things to customize my site. I really love the professor by the way she teaches and designs course contents

By Tlalli U V

Oct 19, 2020

Very good course, although a little outdated, you still get a good sense of what is relevant and it really emphasizes on learning things on your own, which is great

By Silas M

Jan 13, 2017

The course is quite good and intriguing for it offers challenges which are interesting at the same time. Always good to take up a challenge, oh what an experience

By Paul A L

Apr 24, 2018

I have designed numerous websites over the last 7 years and this course has enhanced my knowledge and encouraged me to move forward in my web development career.

By Supun A

Aug 28, 2020

The course is well structured. Content is very clear. lecturer is passionate about teaching. Thanks for the lecturer and Coursera to giving us this opportunity.

By Rahul A

Feb 9, 2021

Simple, lucid and yet filled with necessary elements to get a good understanding of the responsive design paradigms and their practical implementation in css.

By Earl S

Jan 28, 2021

Yeah, this was nice. I give it a 4.8 since I got through it without too many hiccups. I felt like I was pushed but not to the brink which is a relief for me.

By Julia R

Nov 10, 2016

Great course. It's well structured and very easy to follow. Very grateful to Colleen for making it such a great experience for me (a beginner). Thank you :)

By JUTHAS

Feb 25, 2017

I knew nothing about responsive design but after watching the videos and listening to my lecturer,I am now able kick start my coding with responsive design.

By Cora O

Nov 25, 2020

After this course, I feel a lot more confident that I can style my websites to be responsive on all sorts of devices, from mobile phones to desktop pcs

By Lamer L

Jul 13, 2020

Very Interesting course. It gave me a lot of knowledge about responsive design. Now I undrestand the working principle of the media-query and Bootstrap

By RABAH B

Mar 16, 2021

The course is very interesting and very informative. the teacher was pedagogue and give you clues to seek widen your knowledge. Thank you Madame!

By Maria C V B

Oct 31, 2020

I really liked this series of courses, very pedagogical and practical. Perfect for learning from scratch, and they motivate you to keep learning.

By Ankit D

Jun 13, 2020

great course and great teacher her way of teaching was really awesome she just cleared my basics and also provided resources for further study

By Sanket R M

Jul 30, 2020

This course is very good. Not only this course, this whole specialization course is good. You can at least create a small website of your own

By Hritik K S

Aug 15, 2019

This course changed my mind that we can also use some front-end web frameworks to develop quick websites. I enjoyed in learning these stuffs.

By ESTEBAN O P

It's a very useful course once you've managed the previous ones. maybe it could be summarized to a few weeks and added after the css course.

By Alena S

Feb 27, 2018

I love this course, like previous three...And I want to add,that lector is amazing!!! I thank all team for your super-work! It's really cool

By MARIA A F A

Nov 24, 2016

The teacher is just amazing and the content, methodology and exercises are just perfect to the online course. I would do it again, for sure!

By Davronbek R

Jul 3, 2016

Very good organized and helpful. I liked the mode of approach, and at some points I got so inspired. Thank you very much

Sincerely,

Davronbek

By ZAMAM F

Jun 10, 2020

It is more of a four but one is for Colleen she is really good, the course can be better. It can include more of peer-graded assignments.

By Beatriz C

Oct 24, 2019

Excellent material for beginners. You definitely need to continue reviewing after this course, but you'll have the basics to get started.