Back to Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design by University of Michigan

It used to be the case that everyone viewed webpages on about the same size screen. But with the explosion of the use of smartphones to access the Internet, the landscape of design has completely changed. People viewing your site will now expect that it will perform regardless of the platform (smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer). This ability to respond to any platform is called responsive design. This course will expand upon the basic knowledge of CSS3 to include topics such as wireframes, fluid design, media queries, and the use of existing styling paradigms such as Bootstrap. After the course, learners will be able to: ** Explain the mobile-first paradigm and the importance of wireframes in the design phase ** Create sites that behave across a range of platforms ** Utilize existing design frameworks such as Bootstrap This is the fourth course in the Web Design For Everybody specialization. A basic understanding of HTML and CSS is expected when you enroll in this class. Additional courses focus on adding interactivity with the JavaScript Programming Language and completing a capstone project....

MA

Jul 20, 2019

I enjoyed the course very much. Learn a lot of things. And find that in web designing good practices are more important. I have to read articles, blog to update my knowledge and to learn new things.

TM

Sep 26, 2019

Well-structured, well-taught and easy to follow course with great exercises to help improve your skills. I highly recommend this course to anyone who wants to learn responsive web design.

51 - 75 of 583 Reviews for Advanced Styling with Responsive Design

By Paul A L

Apr 24, 2018

I have designed numerous websites over the last 7 years and this course has enhanced my knowledge and encouraged me to move forward in my web development career.

By Supun A

Aug 28, 2020

The course is well structured. Content is very clear. lecturer is passionate about teaching. Thanks for the lecturer and Coursera to giving us this opportunity.

By Julia R

Nov 10, 2016

Great course. It's well structured and very easy to follow. Very grateful to Colleen for making it such a great experience for me (a beginner). Thank you :)

By JUTHAS

Feb 26, 2017

I knew nothing about responsive design but after watching the videos and listening to my lecturer,I am now able kick start my coding with responsive design.

By Timur

Jul 13, 2020

Very Interesting course. It gave me a lot of knowledge about responsive design. Now I undrestand the working principle of the media-query and Bootstrap

By Ankit D

Jun 13, 2020

great course and great teacher her way of teaching was really awesome she just cleared my basics and also provided resources for further study

By Sanket R M

Jul 30, 2020

This course is very good. Not only this course, this whole specialization course is good. You can at least create a small website of your own

By Hritik K S

Aug 15, 2019

This course changed my mind that we can also use some front-end web frameworks to develop quick websites. I enjoyed in learning these stuffs.

By ESTEBAN O P

Jun 23, 2020

It's a very useful course once you've managed the previous ones. maybe it could be summarized to a few weeks and added after the css course.

By Alena O

Feb 27, 2018

I love this course, like previous three...And I want to add,that lector is amazing!!! I thank all team for your super-work! It's really cool

By MARIA A F A

Nov 24, 2016

The teacher is just amazing and the content, methodology and exercises are just perfect to the online course. I would do it again, for sure!

By Davronbek R

Jul 03, 2016

Very good organized and helpful. I liked the mode of approach, and at some points I got so inspired. Thank you very much

Sincerely,

Davronbek

By ZAMAM F

Jun 10, 2020

It is more of a four but one is for Colleen she is really good, the course can be better. It can include more of peer-graded assignments.

By Beatriz C

Oct 24, 2019

Excellent material for beginners. You definitely need to continue reviewing after this course, but you'll have the basics to get started.

By Pulkit S

Jun 29, 2020

Loved this course and also this is an essential course for all those newbie web designers out there.I recommend you all to take this!

By Luis

Sep 20, 2019

This was a great course. A little less content the previous 3 courses in this specialization, but a great course non the less.

By Ilhana A

May 23, 2019

Great course! Learned more about Bootstrap than ever before - so that's a plus, even though I will stick to code-from-scratch.

By PATEL H

Sep 12, 2020

The course is very good but the here the thing is more learning and interaction.which is basics of teaching-learning process.

By Marina M

Jan 16, 2018

It was simple and clear. I would add more examples of real coding from the "real world". I really enjoyed the interview part.

By bokhit a h

Aug 22, 2017

thank you so much colleen you introduced me to many think in this course particularly how to start a ob after the next course

By Diego L

May 28, 2016

Excelente curso para principiantes. La profesora explica en un lenguaje sencillo y fácil de entender. Altamente recomendado.

By Ferdinand C

Apr 28, 2017

She is a very interesting instructor and has a special way of keeping her students motivated and engaged with the course!!!

By Franklin D M A

Dec 14, 2019

Excellent course. Very practical. Clear explanations. Just a bit outdated, but topics still work fine. Highly recommended.

By Sandipan D

Mar 30, 2020

The course is just unbelievable. Dr. Colleen is probably the best instructor so far. Thank you so much for this course.

By JAVIER D S

Nov 20, 2016

Thanks for all, thanks for share quality education between the Coursera and University of Michigan, thanks PhD . Collen.