Back to Russian History: from Lenin to Putin

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Russian History: from Lenin to Putin by University of California, Santa Cruz

In this course, Peter Kenez, Professor Emeritus at UC Santa Cruz, explains the events of modern Russian history and introduces its most significant actors—from Vladimir Lenin to Vladimir Putin....

RS

Sep 14, 2020

I found that course had a central theme, the incompatibility of the Communist structures with an increase in the standard of living, that was well documented from the time of Lenin to that of Putin.

KC

Nov 14, 2021

This was such a great course, very interesting. I found the professor to be very interesting, and it felt like he had a personal interest in the Russian people. 5-star, and thank you!!

226 - 237 of 237 Reviews for Russian History: from Lenin to Putin

By NIVELLE

Jan 6, 2021

Very interesting. Thanks a lot M Kenez.

By Jose G

Aug 21, 2021

1​00% recommend if you love history.

By Kristopher E

Jun 17, 2021

D​r. Kenez is so warm and dedicated.

By Maria J O

Mar 23, 2021

Curso maravilhoso, aprendi muito

By Richard J M

Aug 30, 2021

Excellent in all respects.

By Sam T

Mar 22, 2021

Great

By Emily M

Jul 16, 2021

I was always interested in Russian history and culture but I never had the opportunity to really dig into it. When I saw the course, I enrolled immediately and I am glad that I did so. Although the point of view was a little "american", it still was fascinating and objective. It really gave me the knowledge I expected and motivated me to learn more about the subjects taught and make my own opinions about every incident mentioned. Thank you prof. Kenez!

By Satyajit K

Aug 10, 2021

Very elaborative presentation of Russian history by Prof. Peter Kenez. But, very limited insight is given on Soviet economic progress, scientific advances or its foreign relations during the tenure of different Soviet premiers. The causes and subsequent repercussions of Soviet's Afgan war are not discussed.

By Ian T

Mar 6, 2022

An interesting short course on Russian History, fills in some of the gaps in my knowledge.

By Сосунова М

Mar 2, 2022

Russian policy is being assessed from an American point of view

By Soren G

Mar 2, 2021

I would have given 5 stars with more detail and depth. I think the professor was very knowledgeable and good at explaining the connections, but I felt the course was too short.