Back to Russian History: from Lenin to Putin

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Russian History: from Lenin to Putin by University of California, Santa Cruz

In this course, Peter Kenez, Professor Emeritus at UC Santa Cruz, explains the events of modern Russian history and introduces its most significant actors—from Vladimir Lenin to Vladimir Putin....

RS
Sep 14, 2020

I found that course had a central theme, the incompatibility of the Communist structures with an increase in the standard of living, that was well documented from the time of Lenin to that of Putin.

MM
Apr 13, 2020

I recommend anyone interested in this period of Russian history to take the course. Professor Kenez is an authority on the period and delivers an excellent overview of the time.

76 - 100 of 176 Reviews for Russian History: from Lenin to Putin

By Keith D

Jun 15, 2019

This course fully met my expectations and I learned a ton from the class. I feel like I have a more informed viewpoint of Russian history, and why Russians may see world events through a different lens.

By David H

Apr 19, 2020

I found this course very thorough and enlightening. It was very well presented by Professor Kenez and followed a logical path. I really recommend this course for any enthusiast of 20th century history.

By rolf s

Jul 16, 2020

I trully enjoyed the topic and the way the profesor lectured and kept me involved. I belive he was very versed on the subject and he had lots of knowledge to be shared

By Spencer G

Jun 1, 2020

Great course, touches on all facets of Russian history. Lectures are good and Peter is very descriptive and has a great knowledge of the course material.

By Alden D I

May 1, 2020

I enjoyed the class immensely, the only problem i had was the last quiz didnt specify that you could pick more than one answer so i didnt know.

By El c d l a

Extraordinary account of an amazing part of Russia´s History. The lecturer managed to get my attention the whole course. Highly recommendable!

By Phillip D

Incredibly enjoyable course that really tested my knowledge and conceptual understanding of Russia. Highly recommend this course

By Francisco J S A

Jul 29, 2020

I lear a lot!! Thanks to the teacher Peter Kenez🙌🏻 It really felt like he was talking to me like a normal course. Regards

By Rebecca H

Jul 19, 2020

Great course and extremely interesting and relevant. For anyone interested in Russian history I can highly recommend.

By Rachel C

Jul 1, 2020

Really interesting and enjoyable course. Peter Kenez is very knowledgable and I enjoyed his thoughtful lectures.

By Cindy W

Apr 22, 2020

Great course! I audited but still learned so much. Professor is very informative. Highly recommended.

By Yiting L

Aug 24, 2020

Very helpful as the background information I should learn for my Russian Politics course this year.

By Jesse C

Jun 4, 2020

A thorough look at Russian history - an excellent way of giving modern Russia context.

By Hithin H

Jun 23, 2020

It was Brief,well explained with corresponding images.Also very easy to learn as well

By Marina Z

Apr 26, 2020

I really enjoyed the course! It is quite a lot of material but very very interesting!

By Asha B

Jun 18, 2020

Brilliant and engaging lectures... so impressed with the knowledge this man has!

By Alan A

May 23, 2020

It was my first course in Coursera and I am really glad for all what I learned

By Janani K G

Apr 29, 2020

The lecture was very good and it was very relevant and useful for me.

By Elias T L E

Jun 18, 2020

Wonderful Course! I really enjoy a lot, The teacher is the best!

By Чащин Д В

Nov 11, 2019

Interesting course, I'll like to continue this with more details

By Lucy V R P

Aug 7, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed this course and felt I learnt a lot from it

By Norbert C

Jul 8, 2019

Great short course on Russian history--a sweeping overview.

By Adriana A

Mar 19, 2018

Great course! It really helps to understand Russia history

By Shravya K

Aug 15, 2020

The Professor was great and seemed very passionate!

By Monika T

Jul 13, 2020

This is a very nice course. Easy to understand.