Back to Russian History: from Lenin to Putin

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Russian History: from Lenin to Putin by University of California, Santa Cruz

In this course, Peter Kenez, Professor Emeritus at UC Santa Cruz, explains the events of modern Russian history and introduces its most significant actors—from Vladimir Lenin to Vladimir Putin....

JM

Aug 29, 2019

My first ever online course, and what a great start. The Professor leading it was very good at explaining the fasicating and recent history of Russia with a personal touch. 5/5

AG

Mar 26, 2018

Great class and the professor did an excellent job relaying the information. Honestly, I wish it was a little longer and a little more in depth. Definitely, learned a lot.

76 - 85 of 85 Reviews for Russian History: from Lenin to Putin

By Joy S

Jan 01, 2018

As an American, I learned that there has been misunderstanding about the Russians in my country. They have a different way of thinking than we do and some of the things they said have been misconstrued. They have had difficult times and are not the monsters we have been taught they were.

By Steve

Jun 12, 2018

Exellent course, maybe a bit too short for the subject. I liked the professor who spoke to the camera without notes. Maybe a bit more use of contemporary film would have bought course to life (photos were used)

By Anastasia X

Mar 12, 2018

Very informative by an extremely knowledgeable professor. Sometimes it was a little difficult to follow him, probably because of his accent.

By Vicky

Dec 31, 2017

Amazing course! Really interesting and very good presented by the Professor. Thank you for uploading! I would definitely recommend it.

By Vicenţiu H V

May 24, 2018

An interesting course, despite the fact that it is almost impossible to talk about Russian contemporary history in a 3-weeks course.

By Philip R

Jun 18, 2018

The volume was a little low unless I used my headphones, which doesn't happen elsewhere? Great content.

By William M

Dec 08, 2017

Excellent introduction to Russian history, especially to the "short" twentieth century.

By Cheneil A

May 03, 2018

The subject matter was interesting, and I found the teacher nice to listen to.

By Alice E G

Feb 01, 2018

Interesting, interactive, varied in the assent form and quick to complete.

By Kousay a

May 18, 2018

Enjoyed immensely professor Kenez's scholarly lectures!