Back to Russian History: from Lenin to Putin

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Russian History: from Lenin to Putin by University of California, Santa Cruz

In this course, Peter Kenez, Professor Emeritus at UC Santa Cruz, explains the events of modern Russian history and introduces its most significant actors—from Vladimir Lenin to Vladimir Putin....

RS
Sep 14, 2020

I found that course had a central theme, the incompatibility of the Communist structures with an increase in the standard of living, that was well documented from the time of Lenin to that of Putin.

MM
Apr 13, 2020

I recommend anyone interested in this period of Russian history to take the course. Professor Kenez is an authority on the period and delivers an excellent overview of the time.

201 - 212 of 212 Reviews for Russian History: from Lenin to Putin

By Gareth S

Sep 14, 2020

Absolutely superb course, Peter really know his stuff!

By Ansa B

Feb 20, 2021

It was a great course, learnt a lot in short time.

By NIVELLE

Jan 6, 2021

Very interesting. Thanks a lot M Kenez.

By Kristopher E

Jun 17, 2021

D​r. Kenez is so warm and dedicated.

By Maria J O

Mar 23, 2021

Curso maravilhoso, aprendi muito

By Sam T

Mar 22, 2021

Great

By Satyajit K

Feb 25, 2021

Very elaborative presentation of Russian history by Prof. Peter Kenez. But, very limited insight is given on Soviet economic progress, scientific advances or its foreign relations during the tenure of different Soviet premiers. The causes and subsequent repercussions of Soviet's Afgan war are not discussed.

By Elizabeth N C

May 26, 2021

It is interesting to listen to the history of Russia But the audios were low

By Soren G

Mar 2, 2021

I would have given 5 stars with more detail and depth. I think the professor was very knowledgeable and good at explaining the connections, but I felt the course was too short.

By Lorna

Dec 9, 2020

Oh dear! I have really struggled with this course. I was very keen to learn about Russian History sparked by documentaries and and reading bits here and there. However, I just could not follow the lecturer and his way of explaining things. I retried a few times but i just got frustrated. Disappointed as I was keen to do this course but I’m pulling out.

By Gargi g

Apr 10, 2021

i thought this was going to be a course which deeply goes into the russian history and how everything took place rather it was a course discussing theories of what happened. I am at beginners level and i wanted a course with more depth in history