Back to Safety in the Utility Industry

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Safety in the Utility Industry by University at Buffalo

This course arms you with basic utility industry safety knowledge. You will be educated about personal protective equipment, fire safety, hazardous materials and their symbols. You will gain insights to recognize the importance of a safe work environment. This course is for individuals considering a career in the energy field (who have a high school diploma, at minimum, and basic knowledge of mathematics), and existing energy sector employees with less than three years of experience who have not completed similar training and would benefit from a course of foundational industry concepts. The course is a combination of online lectures, videos, readings and discussions. This is the third course in the Energy Production, Distribution & Safety specialization that explores various facets of the power sector, and features a culminating project involving creation of a roadmap to achieve a self-established, energy-related professional goal. To learn more about the specialization, check out a video overview at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yh9qIYiUDk....

MS

Dec 02, 2019

It's a great course. I've learned a lot here. I've learned how to protect Myself while working from electrical hazards or other hazards. I've learned how to protect workers if you're an employer.

SR

Feb 17, 2020

Great course on safety and safety regulations. If you have studied or worked in safety this is a great review. If not it is full of valuable information.

1 - 25 of 42 Reviews for Safety in the Utility Industry

By Muhammad Z H

Jul 07, 2019

A very informative course that taught me about the safety, health and environmental regulations in the energy industry. Safety is life and we should consider safety on our first priority while working.

By Aarón E G A

Jan 15, 2019

This course give to me a lot information about how the safety is necessary not only for the industri also for the daily life.

By Eyo, D E

Jul 31, 2019

I enjoyed so much that I couldn't part with my PC the whole day.

By V D S M K

Apr 04, 2019

ITS VERY INTERESTING AND VERY HELPFUL TO THE WORKERS IN THE INDUSTRY AND OTHER

By GANGIREDDY K K R

Mar 28, 2019

This is one of the great course. If you are searching for some kind of industrial safety and procedures, then this course is going to be the great course for you people. Professor teaches the subject in really cool way. Good to complete this course.

By Ahmed K G I

Oct 16, 2019

I really learnt a lot from the course. The course provided grateful information. The instructor was very knowledgeable and has strong and simple way for teaching. I am sure I will come back frequently to the course contents again.

By Mohamed A S

Dec 02, 2019

By Stanley A R

Feb 17, 2020

By Sadaqat L

Dec 31, 2018

This course and its contents were exceptional and informative. Thank you coursera for arranging such a splendid online course with financial aid.

By Namita S

Jan 25, 2020

Thank you for providing this course! I enjoyed preparing this course as part of my college subject. Really helpful!

By UPPARAHAL S

Jan 23, 2020

Thank you for giving your time to build up my knowledge in SAFETY IN THE UTILITY INDUSTRY

By Hatim M

Dec 17, 2019

Safety is very critical in industry, a very good introductory course for all.

By Yousef S A M

Dec 28, 2019

It's a very good course and I'm get alot of informations and skills from it

By ALTOHAMI M M S

Nov 22, 2018

Best course ever it's really helpful for anyone to understand it

By Romulo F P T

Sep 25, 2019

I had opportunity to learn how is Safety in Industries of USA.

By José P S

Mar 12, 2019

This is a great specialization course, and helped me so much.

By Ramiz A

Feb 01, 2020

Very insightful

I hoped there is an advanced course to follow

By Chidiebere K

Oct 21, 2019

Got a lot from this course and would recommend it to anyone.

By Tuba K

Dec 13, 2018

Very informative course.... Everyone must learn it

By ZAIDI Y

Jan 08, 2019

Thank you coursera, very useful course

By Muhammad U

Feb 01, 2020

helpful and skillful course ever.

By Rishi V

Jan 26, 2020

Very informative! I LOVE Coursera

By Mohamed A

Dec 25, 2018

This course is very useful!!!

By MUHAMMAD A