Back to Schizophrenia

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Schizophrenia by Wesleyan University

The main goal of this class is to gain an introductory exposure to the nature of the psychiatric disorder known as schizophrenia as revealed by the scientific method. We will discuss a broad range of findings from the scientific investigation of biological and psychological factors related to schizophrenia and its treatment. More specifically we will learn about: (1) key symptomatic features through discussion and enactments of interviews with actors portraying many of the cardinal features of the illness, (2) what brain imaging studies (MRI and fMRI) and neurochemistry have taught us about the neuroscience of the disorder, (3) scientific psychological data and theories concerning cognition, emotion and behavior in schizophrenia, and (4) current, evidence-based somatic and psychosocial approaches to treatment. A brief historical overview of the recent emergence of the psychiatric category of schizophrenia will be presented as well....

CR
Feb 8, 2021

Information and learning was far more than I expected. The lectures were clear, crisp and the information provided was relevant. I enjoyed the course and learnt quite a lot about the subject matter.

EA
May 5, 2021

Given information is very clear and easy to understand.\n\nI really appreciate that it is just the most important parts and not the whole science or odd information.\n\nThank you, I learned so much.

101 - 125 of 330 Reviews for Schizophrenia

By Vidisha M

May 2, 2020

Great course! Thank you so much for creating such an informative course and it increased my knowledge regarding this disorder and people suffering from it. Thank you so much.

By Vanessa F

Aug 4, 2021

I have a degree in Psychology and I found this course very interesting because it offers a complete overview about schizophrenia. P​rofessor Kurtz's lessons are very clear.

By Aishani G

Apr 21, 2020

A very extensive course. It covers everything essential to know about the disorder. It even includes interviews of clients and the therapist so one can get a good exposure.

By Mary M

Nov 15, 2020

I learned a great deal in this course which is very helpful to me as my daughter has just been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Thank you for your thoughtful presentations.

By Dionifel V D G

Aug 2, 2020

I really enjoyed the course! Opened my understanding on what schizophrenia really is. Specially appreciated the module on the neuropsychology of the disease. Thank you!

By Giuliana B L

Mar 27, 2020

Amei o curso. Bastante pontual, claro e robusto. Obviamente é apenas uma pincelada na esquizofrenia mas os conceitos utilizados dão suporte para muito conhecimento.

By Catherine L

Jun 29, 2020

I´m very glad to say it was amazing, Teacher Matt Kurtz is an enormous teacher!!! I´m finishing my psychology degree in Uruguay. TEAM RECOVERY MOVEMENT ONBOARD!!!

By Julie P

Apr 30, 2020

LOVEd this course! The lecturer was engaging and knowledgeable, and this gave much needed perspective on Schizophrenia. Please offer more courses like this!

By Pastor G S

Nov 9, 2020

Very interesting course, i´ve learned a lot of biological components, and neurological factor of schizophrenia. I really recommend you to take this course.

By Heather S

Apr 30, 2018

It is a very well structured introductory class on Schizophrenia. I just wish some of the information was elaborated on more. Very interesting though!

By Kurt J G

Feb 7, 2021

Really enjoyed the content and how it was delivered, offered ways of dealing with Schizophrenia that I had never considered like wearing headphones.

By claudia r

Nov 23, 2019

Great course. It let me know how important are cognitive and remediation therapies in the treatment of people with schizophrenia. 100% recommended.

By Andriana G

Jan 4, 2021

Great Course, i learned a lot that i didnt know about this disorder. The professor is excellent and really liked the way he explained the disorder

By Jane L

Jul 1, 2018

The course is very interesting, Matt Kurtz has great knowledge on this subject and promotes a good learning environment to all of us, well done!

By Jean M M

Dec 2, 2017

Top level course about schizophrenia. Well designed, the videos are not too long but very dense. The clinical exercises with patients are great.

By Jose P G

Mar 29, 2020

It was a great experience for me and also made me understand more about this condition that, at least in my country, is poorly researched.

By Heiko W

Mar 16, 2020

It's a great overview about the disorder of schizophrenia. Thank you for providing such good information integrated in a weekly program.

By Efrat B

Apr 26, 2020

it was a really interesting course. I like the idea of bringing actors for playing how each of the schizophrenic types looks like.

By Vanessa E

Apr 14, 2020

A lot of information but I highly appreciated to have a psychology course on a more advanced level here at coursera :) Thank you!

By Azajul I N

WOW. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks to Wesleyan University for launching this awesome online course about Schizophrenia.

By Ivan F

May 13, 2018

Un excelente curso agradezco mucho la oportunidad de participar en el.

An excelent course I’m trully grateful to have taken it.

By ツTiffany

Oct 2, 2020

An insightful course on Schizophrenia! I'm glad to have clicked on this course. Professor Kurtz is also a very good teacher.

By Kudymova K

Dec 11, 2019

This course was my first experiece of learning things at Coursera. I loved it very much. Very interesting and addictive. ))

By Bharathi S M

May 1, 2020

The course was really useful. It was easy to understand. The time span was really short which helped me to pay attention.