Back to Schizophrenia

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Schizophrenia by Wesleyan University

The main goal of this class is to gain an introductory exposure to the nature of the psychiatric disorder known as schizophrenia as revealed by the scientific method. We will discuss a broad range of findings from the scientific investigation of biological and psychological factors related to schizophrenia and its treatment. More specifically we will learn about: (1) key symptomatic features through discussion and enactments of interviews with actors portraying many of the cardinal features of the illness, (2) what brain imaging studies (MRI and fMRI) and neurochemistry have taught us about the neuroscience of the disorder, (3) scientific psychological data and theories concerning cognition, emotion and behavior in schizophrenia, and (4) current, evidence-based somatic and psychosocial approaches to treatment. A brief historical overview of the recent emergence of the psychiatric category of schizophrenia will be presented as well....

CR
Feb 8, 2021

Information and learning was far more than I expected. The lectures were clear, crisp and the information provided was relevant. I enjoyed the course and learnt quite a lot about the subject matter.

AZ
Apr 7, 2021

hank you for this course. I get know experience and knowledge in using different kinds of online tools which are useful and effective. I'll use some of them during my lessons. And lots of thanks.

76 - 100 of 294 Reviews for Schizophrenia

By Camilla W

Feb 9, 2021

By Adan Z

Apr 8, 2021

By steve v

Jan 7, 2018

Excellent enseignement. Un contenu adapté au niveau d'un interne en psychiatrie qui souhaiterait balayer (superficiellement) le champ de la recherche actuelle dans le domaine de la schizophrénie.

By Tatiana K

Mar 7, 2021

Highly recommend this course. The professor's explanation makes the hardest things seem easy and accessible. The narration is captivating, all the examples are imprinted in memory immediately.

By Md.Farzanoor R

Mar 14, 2021

Just spiffy and super cool to learn a complex disease. Everything was outstanding and super comprehensive. Love to know as my interest has grown after attending the lecture and and sharing.

By Vanessa R G

Jun 18, 2020

I can say that this course helped me with some terms that I did not know about this disorder. I would not hesitate to take another course with professor Kurtz who has good sense to explain.

By prachiti j

Oct 19, 2019

Really fantastic, informative course which is online.Detailed understanding about the schizophrenia given along with possible explanations and biopsychology behind it.thank you Coursera.

By Chesley L

Jun 16, 2019

This course is very helpful, especially for those doing researches on schizophrenia. It provides basic models that are extremely useful. I would come back to take notes when necessary.

By Julia C

Apr 21, 2020

The training provided by Professor Kurtz was excellent. It was thorough and professionally prepared and explained. There were several concepts and treatments that were beneficial.

By Açelya G

Dec 14, 2020

All lessons was perfect. When I was watching and make comments about the cases, make me more curious about schizophrenia and I felt I'm into the course. Thank you for everything.

By rudi m

Mar 31, 2020

I loved this course! I'm only 16,but i hope to have a future working with mental illness in children ^^ This course improved my knowledge on Schizophrenia so much more,thank you.

By Scott K

Aug 29, 2019

very informative would definitely recommend to anyone with a relatively detailed knowledge of psychology and neuroscience and who are looking into mental health - great course

By Vidisha M

May 2, 2020

Great course! Thank you so much for creating such an informative course and it increased my knowledge regarding this disorder and people suffering from it. Thank you so much.

By Aishani G

Apr 21, 2020

A very extensive course. It covers everything essential to know about the disorder. It even includes interviews of clients and the therapist so one can get a good exposure.

By Mary M

Nov 15, 2020

I learned a great deal in this course which is very helpful to me as my daughter has just been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Thank you for your thoughtful presentations.

By Dionifel V D G

Aug 2, 2020

I really enjoyed the course! Opened my understanding on what schizophrenia really is. Specially appreciated the module on the neuropsychology of the disease. Thank you!

By Giuliana B L

Mar 27, 2020

Amei o curso. Bastante pontual, claro e robusto. Obviamente é apenas uma pincelada na esquizofrenia mas os conceitos utilizados dão suporte para muito conhecimento.

By Catherine L

Jun 29, 2020

I´m very glad to say it was amazing, Teacher Matt Kurtz is an enormous teacher!!! I´m finishing my psychology degree in Uruguay. TEAM RECOVERY MOVEMENT ONBOARD!!!

By Julie P

Apr 30, 2020

LOVEd this course! The lecturer was engaging and knowledgeable, and this gave much needed perspective on Schizophrenia. Please offer more courses like this!

By Sebastián P G

Nov 9, 2020

Very interesting course, i´ve learned a lot of biological components, and neurological factor of schizophrenia. I really recommend you to take this course.

By Heather S

Apr 30, 2018

It is a very well structured introductory class on Schizophrenia. I just wish some of the information was elaborated on more. Very interesting though!

By Kurt J G

Feb 7, 2021

Really enjoyed the content and how it was delivered, offered ways of dealing with Schizophrenia that I had never considered like wearing headphones.

By claudia r

Nov 23, 2019

Great course. It let me know how important are cognitive and remediation therapies in the treatment of people with schizophrenia. 100% recommended.

By Andriana G

Jan 4, 2021

Great Course, i learned a lot that i didnt know about this disorder. The professor is excellent and really liked the way he explained the disorder

By JANE L M L

Jul 1, 2018

The course is very interesting, Matt Kurtz has great knowledge on this subject and promotes a good learning environment to all of us, well done!