Back to Schizophrenia

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Schizophrenia by Wesleyan University

The main goal of this class are to gain an introductory exposure to the nature of the psychiatric disorder known as schizophrenia as revealed by the scientific method. We will discuss a broad range of findings from the scientific investigation of biological and psychological factors related to schizophrenia and its treatment. More specifically we will learn about: (1) key symptomatic features through discussion and enactments of interviews with actors portraying many of the cardinal features of the illness, (2) what brain imaging studies (MRI and fMRI) and neurochemistry have taught us about the neuroscience of the disorder, (3) scientific psychological data and theories concerning cognition, emotion and behavior in schizophrenia, and (4) current, evidence-based somatic and psychosocial approaches to treatment. A brief historical overview of the recent emergence of the psychiatric category of schizophrenia will be presented as well....

EA

Given information is very clear and easy to understand.\n\nI really appreciate that it is just the most important parts and not the whole science or odd information.\n\nThank you, I learned so much.

JQ
Nov 16, 2017

INTERESTING COURSE. I HAVEN'T GIVEN SCHIZOPHRENIA MUCH THOUGHT OVER THE YEARS, BUT AFTER THIS COURSE A FEW RELATIONSHIPS AND UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR RELATIVES MAKE MORE SENSE. THANKS SO MUCH.

76 - 100 of 241 Reviews for Schizophrenia

By Aishani G

Apr 21, 2020

A very extensive course. It covers everything essential to know about the disorder. It even includes interviews of clients and the therapist so one can get a good exposure.

By Mary M

Nov 15, 2020

I learned a great deal in this course which is very helpful to me as my daughter has just been diagnosed with schizophrenia. Thank you for your thoughtful presentations.

By Dionifel V D G

Aug 2, 2020

I really enjoyed the course! Opened my understanding on what schizophrenia really is. Specially appreciated the module on the neuropsychology of the disease. Thank you!

By Giuliana B L

Mar 27, 2020

Amei o curso. Bastante pontual, claro e robusto. Obviamente é apenas uma pincelada na esquizofrenia mas os conceitos utilizados dão suporte para muito conhecimento.

By Catherine L

Jun 29, 2020

I´m very glad to say it was amazing, Teacher Matt Kurtz is an enormous teacher!!! I´m finishing my psychology degree in Uruguay. TEAM RECOVERY MOVEMENT ONBOARD!!!

By Julie P

Apr 30, 2020

LOVEd this course! The lecturer was engaging and knowledgeable, and this gave much needed perspective on Schizophrenia. Please offer more courses like this!

By Sebastián P G

Nov 9, 2020

Very interesting course, i´ve learned a lot of biological components, and neurological factor of schizophrenia. I really recommend you to take this course.

By Heather S

Apr 30, 2018

It is a very well structured introductory class on Schizophrenia. I just wish some of the information was elaborated on more. Very interesting though!

By claudia r

Nov 23, 2019

Great course. It let me know how important are cognitive and remediation therapies in the treatment of people with schizophrenia. 100% recommended.

By JANE L M L

Jul 1, 2018

The course is very interesting, Matt Kurtz has great knowledge on this subject and promotes a good learning environment to all of us, well done!

By MILLOT J M F

Dec 2, 2017

Top level course about schizophrenia. Well designed, the videos are not too long but very dense. The clinical exercises with patients are great.

By José L P G

Mar 29, 2020

It was a great experience for me and also made me understand more about this condition that, at least in my country, is poorly researched.

By Heiko W

Mar 16, 2020

It's a great overview about the disorder of schizophrenia. Thank you for providing such good information integrated in a weekly program.

By Vanessa E

Apr 14, 2020

A lot of information but I highly appreciated to have a psychology course on a more advanced level here at coursera :) Thank you!

By Azajul I N

WOW. I really enjoyed this course. Thanks to Wesleyan University for launching this awesome online course about Schizophrenia.

By Ivan F

May 13, 2018

Un excelente curso agradezco mucho la oportunidad de participar en el.

An excelent course I’m trully grateful to have taken it.

By ツTiffany

Oct 2, 2020

An insightful course on Schizophrenia! I'm glad to have clicked on this course. Professor Kurtz is also a very good teacher.

By Kudymova K

Dec 11, 2019

This course was my first experiece of learning things at Coursera. I loved it very much. Very interesting and addictive. ))

By Bharathi. S M

May 1, 2020

The course was really useful. It was easy to understand. The time span was really short which helped me to pay attention.

By Anthony E O

Jul 28, 2020

It was so amazing! It was superbly interesting. I learnt so so so so so much, and I can't thank you enough!

Thank you!!!

By Nataliya C

Jun 10, 2020

Very interesting! I realised I haven't known anything about schizophrenia before. Thank you very much for this course!

By Sharvaree D

Jan 25, 2020

excellent explanation .simple language with day to day experiences and examples,make it easy to relate.

thanks a lot.

By Melissa E

Dec 15, 2017

Very informative and the knowledge I've gained will help me in my practice. Thank you for sharing this information.