Back to Writing in the Sciences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing in the Sciences by Stanford University

KK

Sep 14, 2020

Hello Kristin\n\nThank you for teaching me the basics of academic writing and editing with proper grammar. In this course, I was introduced to the scientific panel which further enriched my knowledge.

IA

Aug 25, 2020

A very helpful course. My writing has improved significantly in these 8 weeks. I highly recommend this course to everyone. Thank you Dr. Kristin Sainani and Coursera for bringing this course together.

2076 - 2100 of 2,183 Reviews for Writing in the Sciences

By Adam P

Aug 1, 2020

I found this course very helpful in pointing out some things in writing I hadn't though of before or didn't realize I was doing which made my writing less clear and concise. The hands-on exercises helped to solidify the concepts in the lessons.

By Noe N

Feb 20, 2022

Thank you, the founder of this course. Dr. Christina. This course help me a lot. My knowledge of writing in the science really improves. I advise those who want to initaite their Science Writing Knowkedge should join the course.

Thank you.

By Rebecca J

Jun 8, 2020

Great information for the most part, but some of it was clearly outdated (2012, etc.) and restructured without adjusting the content to reflect the changes. I did really appreciate the general tips and practice in editing/publishing.

By Preeti S

Aug 6, 2019

It's a great course that provides a great perspective on academic writing. I especially enjoyed the interviews that were included. However, some of the content does seem a bit old, newer versions would be great and more relatable.

By Cristina C

Aug 14, 2019

I thought this was extremely helpful and insightful. I do not like waiting on other to review my submissions. I don't have control over what others do. And I don't have time to plea with others to do so.

By Molly S

Jul 19, 2021

Great review and help writing papers! I liked the editing sections and how to keep your paper sounding precise but not too wordy. Some of the sections were a bit long, but otherwise very helpful! Thanks!

By Johan L

Mar 1, 2021

The teacher is very concise and all videos have clear learning goals. You don't spend 5 minutes without learning something. Week 7 and 8 are not that relevant to scientific writing and are a bit boring.

By Gabriel B V

Oct 24, 2020

A good course in general. The first few weeks are really hard for people who are not native English speakers. You should consider the assignments based that not everyone is a native English speaker.

By Sarah C

Could use more variety in journal examples. Course was a little heavy on medical biology; it would've been nice having examples from other sciences as well. Otherwise, very helpful course.

By Alfonso M C

Nov 9, 2020

It´s a really usfeul course, although basically for beginners. They need to update the part of social media as they data are from many years ago, but you learn in every of their modules.

By Kashif K

May 22, 2022

This cousre taught me alot of useful technique for writing. I believe this course is a must for those writing in the sciences, it will prove to be benficial for research paper writing.

By Fabien H

Oct 13, 2021

A​ lot of good stuff, especially in the first half or 2/3 of the course. Somewhat weaker towards the end, but still valuable overall. Do please try to keep the politics out, however!!

By Yuichiro N

Jun 11, 2020

This course provides a basic idea of how to approach writing with variety of examples. The course covers some techniques and knowledge that are useful for doing actual writing.

By Qamar I

Nov 22, 2021

It was an excellent course i ever had taken. I learned a lot from this about scientific writing and I will recommend this to my friends too. Thank you ma'am Kristian sianani

By Massimiliano P

Feb 14, 2021

I have just completed the online course "Writing in the Sciences"; I enjoyed learning new writing techniques and testing myself.I highly reccommend it to everyone! :)

By Jessica A

Apr 9, 2020

Was indeed helpful although in my case the later content was not relevant to my personal situation. I enjoyed the examples and succinct explanations of the content.

By Miller M

Mar 18, 2022

The first 5 weeks' contents are very helpful for writing a scientific research paper. The last 3 weeks content more toward writing to public or for other purposes.

By Sumedh A A

Aug 14, 2020

Overall the course was a nice experience and i learnt a lot. But I think course content should be upgraded now (apparently content creation was done 4-5 yrs back).

By Uma M K

Jun 23, 2020

Thank you very much for this wonderful course

Well explained and structured .Assignments were really helpful

flexible enough to cater to the working folks.

Great

By Dr. N D D M M I

Nov 19, 2021

I​t is well design course with plenty of practice to improve manuscript writing. New and senior authors, both should take this course to improve writing.

By APARNA Y R

Jul 28, 2020

A very good course. I have learnt a lot from it and would recommend to anyone who want's to start learning from scratch.

Thank you for a good course.

By sophie T

Jul 26, 2019

Very well laid out. Examples provided for all explanations, even the interviews. Very useful for someone who needs to adapt to a new way of writing.

By Abubakr E

Jun 17, 2020

The presenter is well knowledgeable and almost his presentations are clear.

It is benefits for those who wants to learn writing in academic field.

By Dr. S A S

Apr 6, 2020

It is a beneficial course well prepared by the supervisor Dr Sainani

I recommend this course to whom willing to be an excellent scientific writer

By Jacob B

Mar 18, 2019

This course was extremely informative, but a tad boring. It also needs a little updating, especially because social media has become so pervasive