Back to Meditation: A way to achieve your goals in your life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Meditation: A way to achieve your goals in your life by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)

Do we truly think that we have lived for ourselves? Perhaps we have lived for money, love, fame, family and pride etc.? Therefore, we don’t seem to be satisfied even though we are full of those things. It is because that we don’t know ourselves. Eric Fromm talked about human nature as two modes of being: “To Have” and “To Be”. If we are “Having” the nature of possessions, we are not satisfied, and feel empty and futile. Then, how can we be “Being” the nature of our inner-selves? Sometimes, we happened to be aware of this “Being” nature and try to change ourselves, but fail. But, because of our daily routines, it’s easily forgotten. And more it is hard to escape from our unwanted minds controlling us. From now on, let us reflect on ourselves and look at our minds leading up to today! Don’t we achieve our goals after knowing ourselves? And let us find the “Being” nature of our original selves after escaping from the minds restraining and controlling us. In this lecture, the definition and principle of the mind are explained in simple and clear ways. You can make sure and practice the methodology of finding the true original mind of inner-self by escaping from the false mind of possession. Self-reflection is the first step to meditate. You can know yourselves most objectively through meditation and you will realize that all the thoughts and actions are due to your minds which are nonexistent and false. If you throw away the false mind, you will find the true mind. Meditation is now world-wide sensation. There are many research reports that show people can be leaders if you have a habit of self-reflection through meditation. Now meditation at school and the workplace are popular. Happiness is having no worries. You can really relax yourself if there is no bundle of thoughts and you can be successful when you know yourself truly. Worries come from the memorized thoughts of the false mind. Your inner potential of positive power are revealed, your peaceful and happiest mind will be in your mind, and you can live the life you wanted through meditation. This method of meditation is very practical and everybody can follow the methodology. As an engineer, I will guide you step by step to practice this meditation. I am sure that this lecture becomes a turning point in your life....

NJ

Apr 20, 2019

An interesting and thought-provoking course on how self-reflective meditation can help achieve life's goals such as peace and contentment. My thanks to the educator and course organisers.

LS

May 05, 2020

The course was very interesting and easy to go through! The real challenge starts now when I have to apply all the knowledge gained. As we already know "knowing is only half the battle".

76 - 100 of 222 Reviews for Meditation: A way to achieve your goals in your life

By karen m

Jul 21, 2020

I learned so much about myself through this course, and will continue to practice and apply meditation and self reflection, even that part was an eye opener for me, on my road to happiness and completion

By jason B

Sep 09, 2019

Thank you for your lecture. it was so amazing moment in my life. now i can realize my life better than before. it was not difficult. it was only me who make myself tough. thank you so much.

By Eduardo L P

Builds upon gradual expositions an understanding and a method for you to keep perspective of what is real and deal with what is keeping you from becoming a complete person.

By Jacob J

Apr 15, 2020

Very practical course. I will be sure to apply the things I have learned in my daily life to understand more about myself and my emotions. Thanks for the great course.

By Burda V

Sep 06, 2020

Wonderful course on how to alleviate stress and anxiety. Explains why we are the way we are and how we react to people and things is based on living in a false world.

By Michelle Y

Jun 18, 2020

Excellent course with interesting connections to philosophy, history, neuroscience, and physics. A practical, helpful method of meditation is presented by Dr. Lee.

By melina D

May 12, 2020

cours de développement personnel vraiment intéressant. Tout le monde devrait prendre conscience et mettre en application ce qui est dit dans ce cours. merci

By Evgueni K

Sep 23, 2018

New skill of self-reflection subtraction meditation is learned, taught by a respected scientist. Thank you so much, it will change my life for the better!

By Volety S S

Jun 13, 2019

This course was absolutely fantastic. When I started this course, I was stressed about college. But now, I know how to deal with my stress. Thank You!

By Silvia M

Jan 06, 2020

Me pareció un curso necesario para liberarnos del estrés y las preocupaciones diarias. Nos enseña sobre nosotros mismos y cómo alcanzar la felicidad

By Sumeyye C

Aug 16, 2018

The course of Meditation taught me great knowledge and opportunities to discover from my own present knowledge which is already belong to me.

By Seho p

Sep 30, 2019

I really want to have an opportunity to learn about mediation.

But I don’t have time.

From this opportunity, I was fascinated about mediation

By David C

Apr 07, 2020

Excellent practical value. Unlike any other meditation I’ve tried, but it has been very effective for me. Thank you, Professor Lee!

By MIDHILA R

Jun 11, 2020

great course that helps you to delve deep into your mind and eliminate thoughts that hold you back from achieving your best self

By saakshi c

Jun 05, 2020

it is a very good course and i think everyone should take it for self realization and to delete the negative factors inside you

By Brown H

Sep 30, 2019

Thanks to my finger to find this lecture. I already feel some relief in my mind. And i know there must be more progress. Thanks

By Md N Y

Jul 14, 2020

Everyone should do this course. Sometimes it is hard to understand professors English other than that it is highly recommended

By VIRAJ V R

The course is very useful for my future. I know very important knowledge of self reflection & meditation thought the course.

By Steven D

Sep 30, 2019

I couldt believe i found this lecture. It is unbelievable that lecture like this exists. Thank u. Professor. U change my life

By Jane W

Sep 12, 2018

This course has helped me move on after self-reflection. My mind is more open and less constrained by emotional responses.

By priyanka v

This course helps me to gain new knowledge about meditation and all.thank you so much for teaching in a simple way!

By Anne T

Jun 21, 2020

It is simply brilliant and brilliantly simple.Thank you so much professor. I feel lighter and much, much happier.

By Francisco G H

Sep 18, 2018

it is real the illumination? what if my minf only thinks about that? it might be ilumination ego?

thank you!! :)

By Kalbande P D

Aug 19, 2020

One of the best course on Coursera very effective self reflection method of mediation thanks prof.Duck Joo Lee

By Kristie K

May 04, 2020

Life-changing for those who pay attention and are willing to change old habits and develop new, healthy ones