Back to Six Sigma and the Organization (Advanced)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Six Sigma and the Organization (Advanced) by University System of Georgia

This course is for you if you are looking to dive deeper into Six Sigma or strengthen and expand your knowledge of the basic components of green belt level of Six Sigma and Lean. Six Sigma skills are widely sought by employers both nationally and internationally. These skills have been proven to help improve business processes and performance. This course will introduce you to the purpose of Six Sigma and its value to an organization. You will learn about the basic principles of Six Sigma and Lean. Your instructors will introduce you to, and have you apply, some of the tools and metrics that are critical components of Six Sigma. This course will provide you with the basic knowledge of the principles, roles, and responsibilities of Six Sigma and Lean. Every module will include readings, videos, and a quiz to help make sure you understand the material and concepts that are studied. You will also have the opportunity to participate in discussions and peer review exercises to give you the opportunity to apply the material to your daily life. Registration includes online access to course content, projects, and resources but does not include the companion text The Certified Six Sigma Green Belt Handbook (2nd edition). The companion text is NOT required to complete the assignments. However, the text is a recognized handbook used by professionals in the field. Also, it is a highly-recommended text for those wishing to move forward in Six Sigma and eventually gain certification from professional agencies such as American Society for Quality (ASQ)....

SO
Sep 16, 2017

A great course to go for. It will literally strength the basic ideas and concepts of six sigma, which i feel is really important for understanding of the DMAIC methodology.\n\nThank you Coursera

PS
Feb 1, 2021

Very Informative course for Six Sigma. Learnt very much about Six Sigma and the Organization. Learnt about Quality Control tools and techniques. And six sigma as well as lean six Sigma tools.

26 - 50 of 567 Reviews for Six Sigma and the Organization (Advanced)

By sahil n

Apr 8, 2020

the course is very good. all presentation of different topics is very precisely explained in short and to the point. simple explanations, with initial topic reference fro the book , practice quiz and graded quiz makes this course a complete package of knowledge. highly recommended for those who want to gain learning in six sigma

By Milton A G G

Oct 21, 2018

This course has stablished a foundation about implementing the Six Sigma Tools at the organization and has given me a context in many ways about applying the skills and tools for improvement. Also. I have been awakening to go straight forward in a progressive and continuous learning for improving the organization and myself.

By Lakshmi R

Sep 11, 2020

I immensely enjoyed the course and the content. Thankful that the discussion thread gave some feedback when there were typos in the content assignment. Given that this is self paced course, I would strongly recommend corrections and edits made in the presentation by regularly monitoring the discussion board.

By Jose M

May 8, 2020

Great course, great content and resources. Only some comments as feedback: I think that I found some ambiguity in some quizzes, specially when a question could have two answers depending on if you take it from a video or the book. But it was very limited throughout the course, I'd say that 96% of it was great!

By Shane M Q

Jun 24, 2020

Definitely significantly more information than in the yellow belt course. Many of the tools recoverd in this house from the yellow belt course. There was more depth though. I didn't mind learning it again either because i wanted those concepts to truly sink in.

By Iris

Aug 22, 2020

Very clear and detailed explanation on the methodologies and tools of six sigma. With Powerpoint slides being able to download from the site. And of course, six sigma provides bountiful materials for equipping anyone who wants to work in process improvement.

By Raúl E R

Feb 6, 2021

I liked the videos and examples used, they make more understandable the content of the course.

Also, one useful tool is to first allow the student to read the content from the book and then explain the topic in one video. I am very happy with this course.

Jun 27, 2020

I am Mechanical Engineer from India, working on production shop floor. I find these course very knowledge oriented, excellently designed for every industry person. I come to know all about various methods industry practices. How to handle customers.

By Michelle M

Apr 25, 2021

I love the courses offered through this platform and this school has done an excellent job of making this easy to understand and retain with all of the resources. I actually abandoned another institution to do it on here and I am glad that I did.

By ZIA U

It was really awesome course, the content, material & the trainers all are very good. I really enjoy it. But need to add more practical examples and exercise of practical work. Which will be better practice and good remembering tools for further.

By Shady N

Aug 29, 2019

Very Good course, but I think it would be better to include material for reading with some examples and problems to practice.

Videos might be longer including some examples.

I think this way course will be more beneficial and practical.

By Sangeevi C

Jun 7, 2020

Thanks for giving the opportunity for me, and I got more knowledge in six sigma and as well as in teaching methodology, I thank all the professors, KENNESAW STATE UNIVERSITY, and Coursera to support to glow the knowledge for me.

By Marta G V

May 4, 2020

I have enjoyed this training very much. The short videos are really useful to remark the important contents in each part and everything is really well explained. Also, I have enjoyed a lot the lectures from the book recommended.

By Tariq K

Aug 23, 2020

Excellent Course to understand the fundamental concept of Six Sigma Methodology, It's History, different tools being used. The Lectures given by Dr. David Cook and Dr. Bill Bailey were helpful. Thanks to Coursera organisation.

By Mohit D

Feb 20, 2020

It was an amazing learning @ Coursera . It is my first learning experience. Certification in Six Sigma will defiantly add a lot of value in my professional growth and career.

i look forward to do more learning with Coursera.

By Jorge A B R

Mar 19, 2018

This is an excellent course to have a deep insight into Six Sigma as well as all the tools related to this powerful method. Thank you to Dr. Bailey and Dr. Cook for this excellent program. Congratulations for your efforts.

By Shafkat A

Sep 22, 2019

Very well structured and planned course. Course materials were very informative and easily explained. The practice quizzes were very helpful for being prepared for graded quizzes. I'm very satisfied with this course.

By ALEX D B L

Oct 30, 2020

Very concentrated management planning for an organization to face up the DMAIC process .- I like the methodology of theory, video, short quiz, practice quiz and graded quiz on every week of this course.

Very Good.

By H2 O

Mar 6, 2021

The subject is completely understandable and explained clearly. As a manufacturing engineer, I think this course will be very useful. Also, thank you very much to our instructor for his simple expression.

By Ricardo A G

Jul 10, 2020

Very suctional, even though it would be better if know us to complete another course I mean the yellow belt before this one, but overall everything was great, a lot of information easy to act.

By Pinakin S

Feb 2, 2021

By Geraly A

Nov 11, 2020

Very good material and explanations. I really recommend this course for begineers and experienced workers that wants to engage with a Continuous Improvement culture, at any types of industry.

By Bilal Z

Apr 24, 2021

I had an outstanding experience of quality learning which has exponentially increased my awareness on the subject. I wish to join the organization again if opportunity provided. Best Regards

By Abhishek S

Nov 28, 2020

Best course in coursera to gain industrial knowledge. Also before doing this course kindly go through six sigma yellow belt course, as It will help in better understanding the green belt.

By Naveen k M

Nov 23, 2020

The Program covers the basic requirements for Six sigma and clearly helps us to understand the concepts. The Graded quiz helps us to identify how much we understood through the class.