Back to Smart Contracts

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Smart Contracts by University at Buffalo

This second course of the Blockchain specialization will help you design, code, deploy and execute a smart contract – the computational element of the blockchain technology. Smart contracts allow for implementing user-defined operations of arbitrary complexity that are not possible through plain cryptocurrency protocols. They allow users to implement conditions, rules and policies of the domain applications. Smart contracts are a powerful feature that, when properly designed and coded, can result in autonomous, efficient and transparent systems. You will design and program smart contracts in Solidity language, test and deploy them in the Remix development environment, and invoke them from a simple web interface that Remix provides. This course features best practices for designing solutions with smart contracts using Solidity and Remix IDE. Main concepts are delivered through videos, demos and hands-on exercises....

DM
Dec 17, 2019

Excellent course! Provided a good overview of how smart contracts adds a layer of value to the evolution in blockchain technology. The hands on programming experience was quite helpful as well.

HT
Apr 8, 2019

Thank you; excellent starting point so I can have a good foundation to learn more Solidity programming; the discussion forum is helpful when I submit the code at the end of the project.

276 - 293 of 293 Reviews for Smart Contracts

By Nanda K

Sep 23, 2018

Good content, but I wish it was presented better. The teacher blandly reads out from a prompter.

By Maulik P

Jun 26, 2020

The explanation of the keywords in the example smart contracts should be given more clearly.

By Nofil A

Mar 9, 2020

I think there should be more practice to get hands on solidity .

By Jeremiah F I

Sep 23, 2020

Nice course but there is need for improvement in course content

By Marco M

Sep 12, 2019

I think there should be more exercise.

By Bornface S

Aug 14, 2020

I leant a lot, with real challanges

By Jens R

The course was too developer-oriented, and too basic at that. A lot of topics were about coding style guidelines (which I do not particularly care for), or concepts from object-oriented programming that I was already familiar with. I was hoping to get a better insight into how smart contracts work "under the hood" (e.g., EVM design and execution); instead I got the "black box" perspective from a programmer's point of view. Some of the questions and/or answer options in the quizzes were ambiguous, resulting in mistakes that are merely due to unclear question/answer formulation.

By Utkarsh S

Jun 6, 2020

The course is good but the content to read is too less to understand everything. It becomes a necessity for a person to refer to a different source like Youtube.

By Ashwin

Jan 16, 2020

The instructor does not know what she is doing or saying. She does not explain the concepts properly. This course is useless. I would expect a refund.

By GINGER S

Jul 23, 2020

As I wasn't had any coding background it was hard for me to learn solidity

there are some topic which should have been more elaborated :(

By Shelly H

Nov 14, 2019

It feels like the professor is reading from a text book!

By Jordi C

Sep 3, 2018

Passing this course is all based on completing a programming assigment in Week 4. If you fail that assigment you will fail the course. So, if you don't have a programming background and/or interest in learning to develop smart contracts (not simply understanding their role and use) then you might struggle at the very end. I feel that this should have been made clear in the course description; I want to learn about Blockchain but have little to no interest in becoming a smart contract developer (for which this course will not prepare you, anyway).

By Sudeep C

Aug 13, 2018

The resources for the exercises have not been described at all..I was unable to find the .sol files or the IDE installer. Bounced around in the discussion thread and noticed that others too were having the same issues but looks like you have decided not to take the inputs seriously.

By DIVYANG M

Jun 15, 2020

It was a really bad experience, the instructor seems to be reading everything from the screen placed near the camera, and there was no clear explanation,

By rehab a

Aug 28, 2019

Unfortunately, no support is given to the learners. I had too much time for just asking questions that have never been answered. Wasted my time and money

By Javier L C C

Aug 8, 2019

Very basic, it was more informative than practical

By Fabricio E M C

Apr 6, 2020

I can´t submiited my projects, awful

Aug 11, 2020