Back to Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators by University of Pennsylvania

This course offers an introduction to social impact strategy and social entrepreneurship, including key concepts, an overview of the field, and tools to get started as a changemaker. Students will learn how to innovate and design new ideas and new organizational forms to implement those ideas. Students who take this course will be better prepared to launch social impact organizations of their own invention. By moving through four stages, Define, Design, Pilot, and Scale, students will turn their passion for changing the world into concrete plans for launching a nonprofit or for-profit venture designed to achieve a social goal. This course will allow students to systematically think through problems; develop and test an innovative solution; assess risk, competition, and performance; and spread impact in a way that is financially sustainable. Students who complete the course become eligible to apply for an in-person educational experience, called the Global Social Impact House. GSIH is a seven-day residential program that provides fellows with the tools, community and training they need to advance their ventures. Workshops are customized to the needs of fellows and explore advanced concepts in business models, design thinking and leadership. The program is also designed to help fellows build meaningful, global connections while living together in an inspirational host location. For more information on the Global Social Impact House, please visit: socialimpactstrategy.org/residential/gsih...

LH

May 30, 2017

Very informative with lots of practical touch points and examples! I genuinely enjoyed taking part in this online course and it has significantly shaped my own research for my master's degree.

A

Nov 02, 2017

Wonderful!!! A great way to organize your thoughts and make your plan more efficient if you want to make a social impact. Thanks Coursera for offering this great tool for social entrepreneurs!

76 - 100 of 117 Reviews for Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators

By Srinivas K M

Jul 19, 2017

A clear and concise and easy to understand framework that sets you thinking and gets you to action ,and towards immediate implementation of the concepts

By Mohit S

Nov 18, 2016

Valuable, Updated, Insightful

By jabulani m

Nov 17, 2017

love it and would go over the training videos over and over, it was just the beginning

By Miguel G

Aug 08, 2017

The course has broadened my social innovative scope and guided me on the steps needed to create ideas, manage progress, and visualize a clear path. The lectures have great information that is well explained and the complement papers are useful.

By Kamau M

Jul 26, 2017

It gave me a very in-depth understanding of What social Entrepreneurship is and the importance of building a Business Model to a Social Enterprise for sustainability.

By David H

Dec 24, 2016

I really enjoyed this course, and learned a tremendous amount, thank you very much!

By Lea H

May 30, 2017

By Priyanka M

Apr 01, 2019

Informative, practical and actionable - just what I needed at this phase in my journey.

By Mariant H

Apr 15, 2019

Very practical material. Every lesson built on the previous one, which made learning the topic very fun. Instructor is very thorough and to the point. I would recommend this to any person considering careers that would make a social impact.

By Carla U

Apr 08, 2019

Great course!!!

By Eddie M I

May 29, 2019

Great knowledge for novices and practioners!

By Mycal L

Jun 22, 2019

Very good instruction. Really liked the way the instructors can differentiate between the spectrum of non-profits and for profit social venture.

By Anindita M P

Jul 18, 2019

This is one of the most useful courses I have taken with Coursera. Thank you for this opportunity with financial aid. It's highly recommended for people who sees themselves in the arena of social enterprise. This course will not make you a business plan or give you funds but surely frame your thought process to plan your actions throughout the journey

By Erika S

Jul 18, 2019

I find this course very informational and more importantly, very actionable. I finished the course feeling confident that I will be able to use the tools taught in my own initiative.

By Nadeen M R

Aug 03, 2019

Rich course, great instructor, good introduction to social impact

By Sebastian A E A

Aug 04, 2019

Very inspiring , simply to understand

By Jessica C

Oct 24, 2019

Thanks I really enjoyed it and learnt so much.

By Meghna J

Oct 07, 2019

Got detailed insights on the structure of an organisation.

By Joe O

Sep 20, 2019

Fantastic course. It gave me a greater understanding of social enterprises and will enable me to launch my own social enterprise

By Helder B C P

Sep 03, 2019

Brilliant course, really good mix of theory with practical examples and tools you can use right away.

By SABINA L

Sep 27, 2019

this course was very useful during the setting up of my social enterprise, it gave me knowledge and ideas on how to set up a social enterprise

By Patricia M

Oct 01, 2019

Muy interesante, ofrece muchas herramientas sencillas de aplicar que facilitan los procesos de estructuración de un emprendimiento social. Importante traducirlo para que pueda llegar al publico hispano.

By Tamara W

Nov 12, 2019

Excellent course for anyone planning to start a nonprofit or wanting to think more strategically about an existing nonprofit. Lessons are well-organized, concise, and informative.

By Yeabsira M

Oct 11, 2019

Really well done course! It was succinct, gave great examples, flowed from one topic to the next without any confusing transitions. As someone who has been in the social entrepreneurship space for some time, I was glad to take this and remember so much that was laying dormant. Absolutely recommend to others - regardless of whether or not you're new to the space, want to start a business or are already running one, this is a solid force to help you get the ideation brain cells going.