Back to Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators by University of Pennsylvania

This course offers an introduction to social impact strategy and social entrepreneurship, including key concepts, an overview of the field, and tools to get started as a changemaker. Students will learn how to innovate and design new ideas and new organizational forms to implement those ideas. Students who take this course will be better prepared to launch social impact organizations of their own invention. By moving through four stages, Define, Design, Pilot, and Scale, students will turn their passion for changing the world into concrete plans for launching a nonprofit or for-profit venture designed to achieve a social goal. This course will allow students to systematically think through problems; develop and test an innovative solution; assess risk, competition, and performance; and spread impact in a way that is financially sustainable. Students who complete the course become eligible to apply for an in-person educational experience, called the Global Social Impact House. GSIH is a seven-day residential program that provides fellows with the tools, community and training they need to advance their ventures. Workshops are customized to the needs of fellows and explore advanced concepts in business models, design thinking and leadership. The program is also designed to help fellows build meaningful, global connections while living together in an inspirational host location. For more information on the Global Social Impact House, please visit: socialimpactstrategy.org/residential/gsih...

FM
Jun 8, 2020

I have no regrets enrolling at this course. My learnings here are truly foundational, makes me more excited to start. I hope I'll be able to apply the teachings here. So useful for a beginner like me.

AI
Mar 30, 2020

I greatly appreciated this kind of educational platform (Coursera in partnership with various Universities) which can reach millions of people who are aspired to learn in a broader perspective.

76 - 100 of 238 Reviews for Social Impact Strategy: Tools for Entrepreneurs and Innovators

By Scott W

May 15, 2020

I learned a lot. Excellent tools demonstrated such as the logic model and mind map. Easy to understand lectures. I would highly recommend.

By Salimatou D

Apr 23, 2020

Amazing and extremely helpful course, great lecturers and incredible content, I will keep on going though the entire course again and again.

By Bohdan H

Nov 6, 2017

Love Mr. Frumkin's style of lecturing. It helped me a lot with the first stages of converting my existing nonprofit into a social enterprise

By Puranjay M

Jul 30, 2017

A great course with great visual aids to get you started on the basics of what you need to be thinking in relation to social enterprises.

By JESSIE Q

Jun 17, 2017

Well structured; detailed; backed with examples and readings (many free).

This is by far one of the best courses on business on Coursera.

By Evandro P V F

Aug 6, 2017

It is really good course. Some concepts are generally for all kind organizations. Hope new courses are going up about the same subject.

By Vitória L

Jun 3, 2020

Excelent didactic, inspiring, good for all types of learners. I'm a far better person and professional after te course. Thank you!

By Snezana D

Jul 18, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and learned a lot. It is easy to follow, very insightful and I was able to apply earning immediately.

By Joe O

Sep 20, 2019

Fantastic course. It gave me a greater understanding of social enterprises and will enable me to launch my own social enterprise

By Yusuf T

Aug 20, 2020

I have improved my experience and knowledge on social impact strategy and tools in entrepreneurship and innovation management.

By Lizelle V F

Jan 16, 2017

The material was easy to understand and structured. Very informative for a beginner who wants to become a social entrepreneur.

Jul 8, 2017

Introductory course. Instructor and course videos are well made. Will help to embark on a journey of Social Entrepreneurship.

By Alma D R S

Oct 21, 2019

Muy bueno, contiene herramientas y ejemplos que evidencian la relevancia de la fase de diseño de un emprendimiento social.

By Sheena A

Oct 25, 2017

This course has been really helpful to give the basics and set the foundation on your dream Social Enterprise journey. :)

By Tulika S

Mar 27, 2017

Highly recommend. Focused, practical and made me think. I have started applying concepts and tools right away. Thank you.

By HongNhung A J

Thank you so much for the amazing content and instructors. I am more convinced and confident to design my start-up plan.

By Giancarlo C

Dec 17, 2018

Really great course. The material is full of pratical knowledge, applicable to your enterprise's planning and structure.

By Darwin L

Apr 8, 2020

Eye opening class. Short but worth the knowledge for people with groundbreaking ideas in this field that needs a start.

By Melanie d K

May 5, 2020

I found this course to be excellent! Great information that really got me thinking about my social enterprise ideas.

By Fiona M

May 3, 2020

Terrific overview of the issues relating to social impact - lots of models, case studies and strategies to consider.

By Saksham J

Mar 6, 2018

This course helped me to grow my personality holistically and I was able to know about the subject in a better way.

By Nchong V M

Aug 5, 2020

This is a fantastic course that builds social entrepreneurs with hands on tools to build their social enterprises.

By ANA R G

An excellent course. It takes you through each stage of the process towards creating a social impact organization.

By Lim G X D

Jun 18, 2020

Excellent course even for someone with little or no business background like myself. Well presented and engaging!

By Alberto P

Feb 15, 2020

The topics are clearly explained and the use of the graphics illustrates each issue discussed. Very good course.