Back to Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation by University of Cape Town

This free 6 week course is for anyone who wants to make a difference. Whether you are already familiar with the field of social innovation or social entrepreneurship, working for an organization that wants to increase its social impact, or just starting out, this course will take you on a journey of exploring the complex problems that surround us and how to start thinking about solutions. We will debunk common assumptions around what resources are needed to begin acting as a social innovator. We will learn from the numerous examples of social innovations happening all over the world. You will be challenged to get out of your comfort zone and start engaging with the diverse spaces around you. By the end of the course, you will have formed your own approach to social innovation, and you will have begun to develop the concepts, mindset, skills, and relationships that will enable you to start and evolve as a changemaker. You will be able to purchase a Verified Certificate if you wish to show evidence of your achievements, but this is optional, and you may apply for Financial Aid if you are unable to pay the certificate fee. The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship co-created this course with RLabs, a social movement ‘born-and-bred’ in Bridgetown, Cape Town that is now active in 22 countries. The movement empowers youth through innovative and disruptive technology by teaching them vital skills and providing much needed support and a sense of community. Advocating and supporting initiatives such as RLabs forms part of the Bertha Centre’s mandate. The Centre is a specialised unit at University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business, and is the first academic centre in Africa dedicated to advancing social innovation and entrepreneurship. You can view the course trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWYG64WO20 Tweet about this course using the hashtag #socinnMOOC...

SI
Feb 10, 2018

Highly recommended for the change agents who have no background in social entrepreneurship. This course will walk you through step by step into changing the system for the better of humanity habitats.

SA
Jul 2, 2020

This course was great! I learned a lot through discussion and project submissions. I have not only learned how to create change in my community but I have taken the first steps to make it a reality.

251 - 275 of 486 Reviews for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

By Homam A K

Jul 25, 2019

I loved every part of this course, Thank you for all the great ideas, it is a life-changing course

By Celia V M

Jul 21, 2020

Great course full of good ideas, easy to follow and very motivational. I'm glad I chose this one.

By Ariana G

Jul 3, 2020

I learned a lot about social Innovation that I really think will make a difference In my future.

By Mui S L N

Sep 28, 2020

I have learnt a lot within a short span of time and i am inspired to start my social innovation

By Kenney T

Jul 17, 2020

Great course. Gives you the foundational tools to think through how to get your ideas started

By Sivuyile K

Apr 9, 2018

This course was a very necessary foundation to the rest of my life in the social impact space.

By Anantharaman G

Jan 16, 2020

Very helpful, highly insightful and reviewing this after almost two years. totally worth it,

By Vanessa L

Jul 22, 2020

An amazing course presented in in easy to digest pace that covers so much. Highly recommend

By Anne K

Oct 16, 2017

A very good way to feel and understand how Social Innovation is and can change the world !

By Natalie K K

Jun 1, 2020

Great course with many interesting insights. Really good to get inspired and even started

By Keane L J W

May 13, 2020

Great course, provided several tools and modes for thinking which are extremely valuable!

By MNIKO S

Sep 16, 2017

well organized and structured course, i recommend to all young people to take this course

By RAHUL P G

Nov 19, 2018

absolutely amazing course. I AM OVERWHELMED. THIS IS A EMOTIONAL MOMENT FOR ME. THANK U.

By Miguel A C R

Sep 8, 2018

Is a really interesting course and very helpful to start your social innovation journey!

By Deesamer

Apr 21, 2020

I love this course. The professors and RLab participants are very inspirational for me.

By Cristina C

Nov 28, 2016

Excellent course for anyone interested in social innovation and generating novel ideas.

By Neda K

Apr 20, 2020

One of the best course which I participated. I have learned .thx from the Middle East.

By Igor K

Dec 8, 2020

Good course. A lot of interesting ideas, which might be useful in life and business.

By Lindokuhle S

Oct 3, 2020

Great introductory course! Allows you to put some of the key principles to practice.

By Arooj A

Dec 15, 2020

Very nice course. After the course I feel great energy and positive changes in me.

By ONUR C

Oct 6, 2020

This course really did a lot for me. I am grateful to the University of Cape Town.

By Simileoluwa A

Oct 2, 2020

Course was relatable, intense yet simple in presentation.

I really enjoyed myself.

By abhishek a

Impressive the way this mooc was designed and explained in depth all the concepts.

By Mohammed A

Aug 9, 2020

I have really loved the course and the instructors. It helps you to think deeper.

By Peter L

Nov 10, 2020

Excellent course = I learned a lot more from this course than I thought possible