Back to Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation by University of Cape Town

This free 6 week course is for anyone who wants to make a difference. Whether you are already familiar with the field of social innovation or social entrepreneurship, working for an organization that wants to increase its social impact, or just starting out, this course will take you on a journey of exploring the complex problems that surround us and how to start thinking about solutions. We will debunk common assumptions around what resources are needed to begin acting as a social innovator. We will learn from the numerous examples of social innovations happening all over the world. You will be challenged to get out of your comfort zone and start engaging with the diverse spaces around you. By the end of the course, you will have formed your own approach to social innovation, and you will have begun to develop the concepts, mindset, skills, and relationships that will enable you to start and evolve as a changemaker. You will be able to purchase a Verified Certificate if you wish to show evidence of your achievements, but this is optional, and you may apply for Financial Aid if you are unable to pay the certificate fee. The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship co-created this course with RLabs, a social movement ‘born-and-bred’ in Bridgetown, Cape Town that is now active in 22 countries. The movement empowers youth through innovative and disruptive technology by teaching them vital skills and providing much needed support and a sense of community. Advocating and supporting initiatives such as RLabs forms part of the Bertha Centre’s mandate. The Centre is a specialised unit at University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business, and is the first academic centre in Africa dedicated to advancing social innovation and entrepreneurship. You can view the course trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcWYG64WO20 Tweet about this course using the hashtag #socinnMOOC...

SI
Feb 10, 2018

Highly recommended for the change agents who have no background in social entrepreneurship. This course will walk you through step by step into changing the system for the better of humanity habitats.

SA
Jul 2, 2020

This course was great! I learned a lot through discussion and project submissions. I have not only learned how to create change in my community but I have taken the first steps to make it a reality.

276 - 300 of 463 Reviews for Becoming a changemaker: Introduction to Social Innovation

By Prestige C

Wonderful Course. Learn quite alot and quite intensive as well. Thank you

By Francis U

Sep 25, 2020

A great effort, I'm so glad for where it emanated from and goals therein

By Bisujaksha V

Oct 9, 2017

Very Good Course, I will recommend this course to my peers and friends

By Arini

Aug 28, 2020

Thank you so much i llearnmany things. Feel happy to join this course

By Samohita D

Aug 14, 2020

Awesome course! Amazing examples.

Assignments- Great!

Need of the hour.

By michelle z

Jul 6, 2020

It challenged my thinking regarding resources and how to do things.

By Javeria

Oct 15, 2020

It was very good experience with coursera and Capetown university.

By Aditya V

Jun 5, 2020

An Amazing course for some one who wants to bring about a change !

By Maria R

Jul 29, 2020

Great course, I loved the partnership with the organization RLabs

By Kanika J

Equips you with everything you need to become a social innovator!

By Jeyhun N

May 14, 2020

I really enjoyed, and think i might think of changing my industry

By Vanesa L P

Jun 2, 2017

Very good and helps you get over your fear of starting a movement

By Aditya R S

Jun 29, 2020

extremely easy to understand n informative.cherished the course

By Tuhinkanti D

May 12, 2020

No words to express the happiness that I have taken the course.

By Amanda S

Nov 24, 2016

A fantastic way to get people to think and operate differently!

By judi a

Nov 25, 2018

I really enjoyed the videos and the course has changed my life

By Febin J J

May 15, 2017

It helps you get started with your social innovation projects.

By Ayesha F

Oct 3, 2020

Very helpful and whatever's worthy of appreciation...,!! ✔💯❤

By Okpara C

Aug 31, 2020

Thank you so much for helping me begin My Innovation journey.

By Naufal A

I am very proud of my achievements and will continue to study

By Matai M M

Aug 5, 2020

The best course I have taken in this field. Just brilliant.

By Kaustubh J

Good insight in social innovation initiatives. Recommended.

By Maria L V

Nov 9, 2020

Amei! Amei! Amei! Um dos cursos mais maravilhosos DA VIDA!

By Odensa C

Oct 29, 2020

It's a great and practical course! I highly recommend it.

By Rajvi M T

Oct 19, 2020

An amazing course for change makers! the best experience!