Back to Introduction to Social Media Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Social Media Marketing by Facebook

This course lays the foundation of social media marketing. You’ll learn what social media marketing entails, including the history and the different social media channels that exist. You’ll learn how to select a social media channel that fits your needs, set goals and success metrics, and determine who your target audience is. By the end of this course, you will be able to: • Understand the landscape of traditional, digital, and social media marketing • Understand how to become certified as a Digital Marketing Associate • Understand the major social media platforms, how they function, and what role they play in marketing • Create SMART goals and identify KPIs • Define your target audience and their customer journey • Choose the right social media platforms and learn how to create social media policies Whatever level of knowledge you start with, this course will help you build a solid foundation for social media marketing and gain applicable skills that will allow you to make your social media marketing efforts more successful and noticeable. Learners don't need marketing experience, but should have basic internet navigation skills and be eager to participate and connect in social media. Learners must have a Facebook account and an Instagram account helps....

MP
Dec 26, 2020

Anke is just awesome! Her way of teaching the course keeps me engaged and eager to learn more. All the materials were explained in a clear, concise and and easy to follow ways. Really a great content!

RS
Jan 16, 2021

This course is amazing! It gives me a new perspective of using social media, makes me know the power of social media, and teach me how to use social media for marketing purpose.\n\nThank you Mrs. Anke

126 - 150 of 1,874 Reviews for Introduction to Social Media Marketing

By Jon S

Dec 11, 2020

Highly detailed content. Very good course to get you familiar with common social media accounts, and what their target audiences are. How to create a SMART goal and set your Key Performance Indicators. How to create policies in regards to employee's posting content onto social media and blogs.

By Nicole S

Nov 7, 2020

The first course in the Social Media Marketing certification provided a lot of information, resources and hands-on experience via projects in order to prepare a person for digital marketing. I appreciate that the course had multiple ways of representing the materials and showcasing knowledge.

By Lisette L

Nov 4, 2020

I really learned a lot! There were a lot of hands-on exercises that encouraged me to really think about what has been taught. I understood it clearly, too. Thank you so much for this! I encourage those that are thinking about whether or not to try this course, GO FOR IT. It's worth your time.

By Saliu Z

Mar 26, 2021

I have been doing digital marketing the wrong way until I took this course which is an eye opener to anyone who want to advance in his/her career in digital marketing. Thanks to Anke for the wonderful course put together and made so simple to understand and practice. I really enjoyed it!!!!

By Vladyslav S

May 29, 2021

I am grateful for Coursera that has given me an opportunity to have a financial aid and study this course. I believe all materials were useful and essential for my understanding of how Social Media Marketing works and why businesses need to know and apply in their work. Highly recommended!

By Lisa H

Apr 15, 2021

This is a FANTASTIC course. It is packed with relevant information. Anke Audenaert skillfully shares her mastery to help students clearly understand this complex subject. Lessons progress step-by-step and carefully outline in detail what is needed to be an effective social media marketer.

By Carolina J

Nov 20, 2020

Excellent course, clear, concise and with many examples and practices. Anke is a very good instructor, enthusiastic and I like the way she explains.

Excelente curso, claro, conciso y con muchos ejemplos y practicas. Anke es muy buena instructora, entusiasta y me gusta su forma de explicar.

By Abdifatah H A

Feb 2, 2021

I'm abdifatah heydar from Somalia This course was really interesting. Because they started with the basics, it was really understandable fabulous. Furthermore, the assignments helped me to put the theory into practice which was really helpful to me thanks for our instructor and Facebook.

By HTET A P

Apr 6, 2021

As a beginner of Social Media Marketing, the instructor's voice and tone are totally clear to understand, plus the instructor's body language makes us motivated at our learning journey.

The syllabus are well-organized and unique learning platform that i have learnt with.

Special Thanks!

By Geeta K

Aug 16, 2021

This course was really beneficial and helpful to me. A person like me who doesn't have much knowldge of Social Media is now ready to market on this.

I learnt different things about social media, KPI's, Smart Goals, Customer journey and so on.

I am looking forward to learning much more.

By Ifat a

Dec 28, 2020

It was perfect and amazing !

Perfect , because we came to know about the whole eco system of social media marketing from this course . And , amazing because here the instructor was just amazing ! She helped us a lot by her easy way of expressions and excellent presentation !

Thank you !

By Simpe R C

Aug 15, 2021

Understanding how Social Media Marketing works is very important in achieving our business goals. This course discusses the various social media channels, how they function and how they play in marketing our business, organizational goals, institution etc. Thankful for this course.

By Bakhytzhan I

Nov 25, 2020

Anke Audenaert is an Amazing expert and teacher! Even though this is the first introductory course, she covered many important marketing topics and gave various insights on how to reach and engage customers. I recomend this course for any professional regardless of her/his position.

By Ainul B B A

Nov 30, 2020

The course is very structured and takes you step by step with practical assignment to futher solidfiy your understanding of the subject at hand. Much recommended for people who wants an overview of social media marketing and to drive application in your respective work or business.

By Anna K

Nov 30, 2021

Having worked in the marketing profession in various roles over the past 25 plus years, I found this content fresh, up to date and relevant. This was very helpful to stay in touch with the current marketing trends that rely more and more heavily on Social Media as time goes on.

By Cameron D

Oct 22, 2020

The information is presented in such a structured manner! At first I was like "Okay I'm 24 what don't I know about social media." But there really is another side to it; perfect for somebody who is seeking a job, and perfect for somebody who is passionate about their own brand!

By Maissa A

Nov 28, 2020

The course is very well-structured; the instructor, the material, and the presentation are all very engaging, smooth, and clear. I appreciated the course because it gave me insights not just into social media marketing, but marketing in general and project management as well.

By Jean D

Mar 18, 2021

This course is straightforward, concise and covers all the essentials that a beginner (and even an advance student) needs to know about Social Media Marketing. It provides clear examples of cases, data and activities that helped me retain the lessons much faster and better.

By Phyohein K

Dec 19, 2020

Firstly, I really appteciate for your teaching and I need to learn for all courses. I can understand that 100% in the courses. And I'll try the best and keep going for my life by using the courses. I think you are very kindly and friendly on us. However, thankyou so much.

By Ngan H T

May 21, 2021

This course includes lots of precious information about social media platforms for beginners. After this course, I understand how to use a suitable platform for my business. As well as the way to use social media effectively to get more customers and expand the business.

By suria m

Jan 19, 2021

Excellent and straight forward,the executive of every topic was well put together.I entered this programme with prior knowledge of what i would attain in this course.

I Really enjoyed listenimg to my lecturer with her use of everyday examples to bring the topicd to life.

By Dianna R

Mar 21, 2021

A through intro to social media marketing! It did not assume the newcomer would know the material covered before hand and I felt that the information was perfectly structured and simple to learn. The projects were the appropriate level of difficulty for a intro course.

By Seun O

Nov 3, 2020

This course has added so much value to me, both on personal and professional levels. The content is rich, relevant and actionable! The instructor is amazing and she was able to infuse are several years of experience into the delivery of the course. Highly recommended!

By Marie M

Nov 30, 2020

Just a bit more on the difference between KPI's and Metrics would be useful. Also, it would be great if there was a way to easily find a thread we responded to or began to see if there are new responses, for a "conversation" and the ability to "network". Thank you

By Renato M

Jul 20, 2021

Já possuía alguma experiência com mídias digitais, porem com esse curso, minha compreensão desse ambiente melhorou e muito, além de um entendimento maior, sobre as posturas que a minha empresa precisa ter para possuir uma relação saudável com os nossos clientes.