Back to Introduction to Social Media Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Social Media Marketing by Facebook

This course lays the foundation of social media marketing. You’ll learn what social media marketing entails, including the history and the different social media channels that exist. You’ll learn how to select a social media channel that fits your needs, set goals and success metrics, and determine who your target audience is. By the end of this course, you will be able to: • Understand the landscape of traditional, digital, and social media marketing • Understand how to become certified as a Digital Marketing Associate • Understand the major social media platforms, how they function, and what role they play in marketing • Create SMART goals and identify KPIs • Define your target audience and their customer journey • Choose the right social media platforms and learn how to create social media policies Whatever level of knowledge you start with, this course will help you build a solid foundation for social media marketing and gain applicable skills that will allow you to make your social media marketing efforts more successful and noticeable. Learners don't need marketing experience, but should have basic internet navigation skills and be eager to participate and connect in social media. Learners must have a Facebook account and an Instagram account helps....

MP
Dec 26, 2020

Anke is just awesome! Her way of teaching the course keeps me engaged and eager to learn more. All the materials were explained in a clear, concise and and easy to follow ways. Really a great content!

RS
Jan 16, 2021

This course is amazing! It gives me a new perspective of using social media, makes me know the power of social media, and teach me how to use social media for marketing purpose.\n\nThank you Mrs. Anke

26 - 50 of 1,659 Reviews for Introduction to Social Media Marketing

By Ayush D

Sep 24, 2020

Excellently curated course with decent exposure to the nuances of various social media. The course gives an exhaustive overview of Social Media Marketing. The instructor explains clearly without leaving any gaps in between the information and concepts.

By Maria E G S

Oct 16, 2020

This is a very good introductory course to social media marketing. The instructor is very engaging and helpful. The exercises are also guided so you won't have a hard time completing them. Looking forward to the next course!

By Laura G

Jan 30, 2021

Very basic course, not as advertised online. They misslead people by saying that you will earn a certification after the course is completed, when instead you must pay $50 for each course that is part of the alleged certification.

By Kylan A

Nov 2, 2020

Overall, easily progressed. Assignments can hold your hand or you can challenge yourself by forgoing the examples given and creating your own businesses with their own motives to brainstorm SMART Goals, KPIs, Target Audiences, and Marketing Funnels. I chose the latter by creating a non-profit, disinterested in using paid ads to lock myself into Organic methods for a modest challenge.

I also liked how many of the assignments gave you the basic information you needed, but encouraged external study for deeper understanding. I loved having to research using some of the mentioned tools and methods -I felt like I was actually doing the Job.

By Rieko S

Nov 20, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot. I've been blogging and hoping that it could help my business in near future. I've leant how to connect between the business and social media via blog and also was able to set up goal, KPIs, targeting audience and also customer journey, managing social media and blog etc etc. I recommend taking this course for beginner who wants to add new basic knowledge for your career and business. The instruction is very clear and easy to understand.

By Kyla R A

Feb 6, 2021

I love the training because it discussed the overall social media platforms. Also, there is an assignment to do to better understand the idea and concept.

By Solomon O

Oct 18, 2020

This an all-encompassing course that you need to learn everything about Social Media Marketing from the basic to advanced level. Highly recommended.

By Prateek B

Sep 23, 2020

I totally loved the first course. Though I very active on social media, but in the course lot of deep details were covered. I'm totally impressed.

By Jacqueline C F

Dec 17, 2020

I have a degree in Marketing and graduated in 2007, I was very outdated about social Media, and I have learned a lot in this course. Thanks!

By Jerry S

Oct 9, 2020

Very informative to what most have already been exposed to. Good way to start learning about how to use social media as a marketing tool.

By Abdallah S

Jan 12, 2021

Very glad to take this course with Dr. Anke. Pure and very rich content to be learned.

By MD. Y A

Sep 18, 2020

It’s really a good platform to develop skills in different areas.

By Habibur R

Apr 13, 2021

The course is very easy to understand and full of helpful tips.

By Oghenekevbe K E

Sep 24, 2020

Wonderful innovation. I’m really grateful for the impact

By Peter J

Nov 30, 2020

This is a pretty good overview of the Social Media landscape and the basics of social media marketing. However, it was created by Facebook, and it omits relevant information that would make the company look bad. For example, while they correctly point out that Facebook has more daily active users than any other social media site, they choose not to tell you that the organic reach for a companies Facebook post is only about 6% of it's page likes, and you'll have to pay to boost any post in order for Facebook marketing to have any real effect. Again, it's a well put together intro course, but take it with a grain of salt.

By Emily N

Feb 13, 2021

Repeated information a lot and not much information depth.

By Natalie g

Dec 29, 2020

Content is great, instructor is great BUT I strongly dislike the peer - review grading and the lack of Coursera support. Also there is a glitch in the system that marks the course as incomplete even though I have completed everything. ANd yes, many many other students are having the same problem. It seems to be connected with an FB welcome message video on Blurpint that is required viewing. We have all seen it a million times but Coursera doesn't recognize this fact and so we are marked overdue. Support has been non existent. I even received a reply saying that it is a know issue but that there is no timeframe for fixing it!!!! Really? So if there is no timeframe for fising it how do we get our s=certification at the end of the program? If the course is incomplete? It makes no sense.

By Roberta K

Mar 11, 2021

Over emphasis on vocabulary and terminology and not enough concrete and in-depth, far thinking strategies.. I was hoping for a course to expand on the knowledge and experience I already have.

By Laura C

Jul 8, 2021

Excellent form of learning from the convenience of home (or any location). I appreciate the formats available to learn from - from videos to the reading assignments. I believe this course covered the content that was absolutely relevant to an introduction to social media marketing. I must say, I was someone who was severely hesitant at embracing, much less engaging with, social media platforms. I took this course, because I realized this IS where we are in a world of online social media connections (in all its forms). I knew I had to delve in, familiarize myself with online social media marketing knowledge and education if I am to be competitive in business. I also took this course to become WAY more comfortable with using and engaging on social media platforms. I am so grateful I came across this course. Absolutely worth the investment of my time and money.

By Arlyn C

Feb 15, 2021

I gained a lot of insights while taking this course, Introduction to Social Media Marketing more than I expected. Aside from a broad overview of the social media landscape, one of the key takeaway was that I can choose to focus on 2-3 platforms depending on the products or services that I am offering. It also provided specific tools to get started right away in my path towards social media marketing instead of hit and miss method that can leave one frustrated. I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn the skills taught through Coursera in partnership with Facebook!

By Ngoan B T M

Sep 12, 2021

Thông qua khóa học Giới thiệu về tiếp thị truyền thông xã hội của Coursera và Facebook. Kiến thức hiểu biết của tôi về các hoạt động tích cực của các mạng xã hội được củng cố và nâng cao. Tôi mong muốn được chia sẻ khóa học này với cộng đồng mạng và các bạn học sinh của tôi. Ngoài việc ứng xử cá nhân trên mạng xã hội nếu các bạn thật sự quan tâm và muốn phát triển nghề nghiệp thông qua các ứng dụng của truyền thông xã hội để phát triển thương hiệu cũng như giúp các khách hàng tiềm năng cho tương lai cũng như nghề nghiệp của các bạn.

By Adam S S

Apr 11, 2021

This course provides a quality introduction to Social Media Marketing from an academic standpoint. For persons who are 'self-taught,' there is real value in being exposed to the academic/professional vocabulary and logic.

For some, the summary of social media platforms may be information you already know. I recommend you tough it out and learn about platforms you do not intend to use. This way, you'll be able to hold your own in professional conversations. Also, you might be exposed to an opportunity you've never considered before.

By Michelle B

Apr 23, 2021

Excellent course. I already do have a background in social media from my work but I still learned quite a bit from taking this course and look forward to completing the others in order to learn my certificate. The materials were quite straightforward and the combination of videos and reading materials meant that I could stay on top of the work whether I was at my desk, traveling, or even working out (via using my phone). Enjoyed the projects as well as it's helped me hone my skills to improve at my job.

By Steve R

Dec 17, 2020

The final topics relate to Blogging and this is a digital version of Direct marketing without the thousands of pieces of promotional paper everyone called Junk Mail.

Your 4 key blog elements should also include and acceptable FREQUENCY of blogs. If you send blogs too often your audience will rebel and completely disconnect with you.

Can you please explain to me how often is it acceptable to send blogs?

or

Is there somewhere you can suggest on the internet where I can find this information?

By Edgar J L M

Nov 14, 2020

Excelente curso! Muy recomendado y sobretodo practico! Me ayudo a conocer los conceptos fundamentales para llevar a cabo una campaña de marketing a traves de redes sociales. Especificamente aprendi a como crear un buyer persona, como crear las policies de mi compañia, a como crear mi customer journer (embudo de ventas) y muchas otras cosas mas. Ademas, te dan plantillas practicas para utilizarlas en tu trabajo como profesional de marketing. Recomendadisimo!!