Back to Introduction to Social Media Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Social Media Marketing by Facebook

This course lays the foundation of social media marketing. You’ll learn what social media marketing entails, including the history and the different social media channels that exist. You’ll learn how to select a social media channel that fits your needs, set goals and success metrics, and determine who your target audience is. By the end of this course, you will be able to: • Understand the landscape of traditional, digital, and social media marketing • Understand how to become certified as a Digital Marketing Associate • Understand the major social media platforms, how they function, and what role they play in marketing • Create SMART goals and identify KPIs • Define your target audience and their customer journey • Choose the right social media platforms and learn how to create social media policies Whatever level of knowledge you start with, this course will help you build a solid foundation for social media marketing and gain applicable skills that will allow you to make your social media marketing efforts more successful and noticeable. Learners don't need marketing experience, but should have basic internet navigation skills and be eager to participate and connect in social media. Learners must have a Facebook account and an Instagram account helps....

RS
Jan 16, 2021

This course is amazing! It gives me a new perspective of using social media, makes me know the power of social media, and teach me how to use social media for marketing purpose.\n\nThank you Mrs. Anke

MP
Dec 26, 2020

Anke is just awesome! Her way of teaching the course keeps me engaged and eager to learn more. All the materials were explained in a clear, concise and and easy to follow ways. Really a great content!

26 - 50 of 1,170 Reviews for Introduction to Social Media Marketing

By Rafiq N S

Jan 17, 2021

Thank you Mrs. Anke

By Kyla R A

Feb 6, 2021

I love the training because it discussed the overall social media platforms. Also, there is an assignment to do to better understand the idea and concept.

By Solomon O

Oct 18, 2020

This an all-encompassing course that you need to learn everything about Social Media Marketing from the basic to advanced level. Highly recommended.

By Prateek B

Sep 23, 2020

I totally loved the first course. Though I very active on social media, but in the course lot of deep details were covered. I'm totally impressed.

By Jacqueline C F

Dec 17, 2020

I have a degree in Marketing and graduated in 2007, I was very outdated about social Media, and I have learned a lot in this course. Thanks!

By Jerry S

Oct 9, 2020

Very informative to what most have already been exposed to. Good way to start learning about how to use social media as a marketing tool.

By Abdallah S

Jan 12, 2021

Very glad to take this course with Dr. Anke. Pure and very rich content to be learned.

By MD. Y A

Sep 18, 2020

It’s really a good platform to develop skills in different areas.

By Habibur R

Apr 13, 2021

The course is very easy to understand and full of helpful tips.

By Oghenekevbe K E

Sep 24, 2020

Wonderful innovation. I’m really grateful for the impact

By Peter J

Nov 30, 2020

This is a pretty good overview of the Social Media landscape and the basics of social media marketing. However, it was created by Facebook, and it omits relevant information that would make the company look bad. For example, while they correctly point out that Facebook has more daily active users than any other social media site, they choose not to tell you that the organic reach for a companies Facebook post is only about 6% of it's page likes, and you'll have to pay to boost any post in order for Facebook marketing to have any real effect. Again, it's a well put together intro course, but take it with a grain of salt.

By Emily N

Feb 13, 2021

Repeated information a lot and not much information depth.

By Laura G

Jan 30, 2021

Very basic course, not as advertised online. They misslead people by saying that you will earn a certification after the course is completed, when instead you must pay $50 for each course that is part of the alleged certification.

By Roberta K

Mar 11, 2021

Over emphasis on vocabulary and terminology and not enough concrete and in-depth, far thinking strategies.. I was hoping for a course to expand on the knowledge and experience I already have.

By Kylan A

Nov 2, 2020

Overall, easily progressed. Assignments can hold your hand or you can challenge yourself by forgoing the examples given and creating your own businesses with their own motives to brainstorm SMART Goals, KPIs, Target Audiences, and Marketing Funnels. I chose the latter by creating a non-profit, disinterested in using paid ads to lock myself into Organic methods for a modest challenge.

I also liked how many of the assignments gave you the basic information you needed, but encouraged external study for deeper understanding. I loved having to research using some of the mentioned tools and methods -I felt like I was actually doing the Job.

By Arlyn C

Feb 15, 2021

I gained a lot of insights while taking this course, Introduction to Social Media Marketing more than I expected. Aside from a broad overview of the social media landscape, one of the key takeaway was that I can choose to focus on 2-3 platforms depending on the products or services that I am offering. It also provided specific tools to get started right away in my path towards social media marketing instead of hit and miss method that can leave one frustrated. I am so grateful for the opportunity to learn the skills taught through Coursera in partnership with Facebook!

By Adam S S

Apr 11, 2021

This course provides a quality introduction to Social Media Marketing from an academic standpoint. For persons who are 'self-taught,' there is real value in being exposed to the academic/professional vocabulary and logic.

For some, the summary of social media platforms may be information you already know. I recommend you tough it out and learn about platforms you do not intend to use. This way, you'll be able to hold your own in professional conversations. Also, you might be exposed to an opportunity you've never considered before.

By Mishka B

Apr 23, 2021

Excellent course. I already do have a background in social media from my work but I still learned quite a bit from taking this course and look forward to completing the others in order to learn my certificate. The materials were quite straightforward and the combination of videos and reading materials meant that I could stay on top of the work whether I was at my desk, traveling, or even working out (via using my phone). Enjoyed the projects as well as it's helped me hone my skills to improve at my job.

By Steve R

Dec 17, 2020

The final topics relate to Blogging and this is a digital version of Direct marketing without the thousands of pieces of promotional paper everyone called Junk Mail.

Your 4 key blog elements should also include and acceptable FREQUENCY of blogs. If you send blogs too often your audience will rebel and completely disconnect with you.

Can you please explain to me how often is it acceptable to send blogs?

or

Is there somewhere you can suggest on the internet where I can find this information?

By Rieko S

Nov 20, 2020

I enjoyed this course a lot. I've been blogging and hoping that it could help my business in near future. I've leant how to connect between the business and social media via blog and also was able to set up goal, KPIs, targeting audience and also customer journey, managing social media and blog etc etc. I recommend taking this course for beginner who wants to add new basic knowledge for your career and business. The instruction is very clear and easy to understand.

By Edgar J L M

Nov 14, 2020

Excelente curso! Muy recomendado y sobretodo practico! Me ayudo a conocer los conceptos fundamentales para llevar a cabo una campaña de marketing a traves de redes sociales. Especificamente aprendi a como crear un buyer persona, como crear las policies de mi compañia, a como crear mi customer journer (embudo de ventas) y muchas otras cosas mas. Ademas, te dan plantillas practicas para utilizarlas en tu trabajo como profesional de marketing. Recomendadisimo!!

By Торгунаков Н Ю

Nov 6, 2020

That is my third completed Coursera course and I really enjoyed it!

There you will find well-structured information, divided into engaging videos and interesting documents. Testing is also well-organized for consolidation of knowledge: good quizzes with detailed comments on the answers (including small questions in the video), as well as regular peer-review assignments, that help not only test and apply your understanding, but also read other opinions.

By Alex D

Nov 15, 2020

This course was interesting and comprehensive. Though I knew a lot about different social platforms going in, I still learned something and the presenter held my attention. I especially liked the activities throughout, I expected to learn skills I could apply at the end of the certificate, but the benefit of working on strategy for my own business as I progress through the course was a benefit a didn't expect and really appreciated.

By Moldabergenov H S

Nov 3, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. A lot of new things in the field of business marketing. Only the best impressions. A lot of useful information is expected with each course. I have only the best impressions from these courses. From COURSERA I have only admiration, a storm of applause, delight. The dissemination of such knowledge hello to change the world only in a good way. Many thanks to all the organizers of these courses.

By Wendy R

Mar 23, 2021

Introduction to Social Media Marketing is an excellent course to take. The course is designed in a manner that encourages the learner to apply their knowledge on practical activities. Moreover, the course prepares learners for the real world through weekly projects. The practical exercise aspect of the course makes it easy for learner to retain the knowledge and develop skills to apply in their businesses or employment.