Back to Introduction to Social Media Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Social Media Marketing by Facebook

This course lays the foundation of social media marketing. You’ll learn what social media marketing entails, including the history and the different social media channels that exist. You’ll learn how to select a social media channel that fits your needs, set goals and success metrics, and determine who your target audience is. By the end of this course, you will be able to: • Understand the landscape of traditional, digital, and social media marketing • Understand how to become certified as a Digital Marketing Associate • Understand the major social media platforms, how they function, and what role they play in marketing • Create SMART goals and identify KPIs • Define your target audience and their customer journey • Choose the right social media platforms and learn how to create social media policies Whatever level of knowledge you start with, this course will help you build a solid foundation for social media marketing and gain applicable skills that will allow you to make your social media marketing efforts more successful and noticeable. Learners don't need marketing experience, but should have basic internet navigation skills and be eager to participate and connect in social media. Learners must have a Facebook account and an Instagram account helps....

RS
Jan 16, 2021

This course is amazing! It gives me a new perspective of using social media, makes me know the power of social media, and teach me how to use social media for marketing purpose.\n\nThank you Mrs. Anke

MP
Dec 26, 2020

Anke is just awesome! Her way of teaching the course keeps me engaged and eager to learn more. All the materials were explained in a clear, concise and and easy to follow ways. Really a great content!

101 - 125 of 1,651 Reviews for Introduction to Social Media Marketing

By Jeanette C

Oct 23, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. I am so impressed with setting up SMART goals that are measurable and achievable. I also learned that a company also needs to understand the customer's needs and journey. Thank you, COURSERA, DOST Philippines, and Anke! This course is extremely helpful in this digital era!

By Christopher M

May 27, 2021

I love Anke! Such a passion to share her knowledge and help others succeed! I own a small online vintage shop along with my partner, and I love how she breaks it down for the big businesses, but then also gives it how it is for the smaller guys doing it on their own!

Thank you Anke!

- Topher with The Bazaar

By Narayanan V

Apr 22, 2021

Very Interesting Video tutorials and well structured course content for anyone to understand the basics of Social Media Marketing. I did benefit from this course and I intent to do the other 4 parts of Social Media Marketing program too so that I understand the other aspects of Social Media Marketing too.

By Katie B

Dec 29, 2020

Very engaging class. Detailed information about the current social media landscape and how to approach it from the business side. If you are a personal user of social media and want to learn about social media for business then definitely worth spending the time to learn about the opportunities available.

By FRANCIA E C F

Apr 26, 2021

Muchas gracias por el conocimiento que me compartieron de verdad ya tengo claro muchos conceptos que ni siquiera se me pasaba por mi mente y ya puedo hablar con mas propiedad , ya puedo identificar cual es la red social que necesito para promover mis intereses, el curso es muy bueno

gracias, mil gracias.

By Danny V

Feb 28, 2021

Good foundational info on what it takes to become a social media marketer. I've learned that each platform has it's purpose for the type of social media marketing you want to do and that their are a wide variety of platforms out there that I've not explored yet that will help me in the future.

By Jon S

Dec 11, 2020

Highly detailed content. Very good course to get you familiar with common social media accounts, and what their target audiences are. How to create a SMART goal and set your Key Performance Indicators. How to create policies in regards to employee's posting content onto social media and blogs.

By Nicole S

Nov 7, 2020

The first course in the Social Media Marketing certification provided a lot of information, resources and hands-on experience via projects in order to prepare a person for digital marketing. I appreciate that the course had multiple ways of representing the materials and showcasing knowledge.

By Lisette L

Nov 4, 2020

I really learned a lot! There were a lot of hands-on exercises that encouraged me to really think about what has been taught. I understood it clearly, too. Thank you so much for this! I encourage those that are thinking about whether or not to try this course, GO FOR IT. It's worth your time.

By Saliu Z

Mar 26, 2021

I have been doing digital marketing the wrong way until I took this course which is an eye opener to anyone who want to advance in his/her career in digital marketing. Thanks to Anke for the wonderful course put together and made so simple to understand and practice. I really enjoyed it!!!!

By Vladyslav S

May 29, 2021

I am grateful for Coursera that has given me an opportunity to have a financial aid and study this course. I believe all materials were useful and essential for my understanding of how Social Media Marketing works and why businesses need to know and apply in their work. Highly recommended!

By Lisa H

Apr 15, 2021

This is a FANTASTIC course. It is packed with relevant information. Anke Audenaert skillfully shares her mastery to help students clearly understand this complex subject. Lessons progress step-by-step and carefully outline in detail what is needed to be an effective social media marketer.

By Carolina J

Nov 20, 2020

Excellent course, clear, concise and with many examples and practices. Anke is a very good instructor, enthusiastic and I like the way she explains.

Excelente curso, claro, conciso y con muchos ejemplos y practicas. Anke es muy buena instructora, entusiasta y me gusta su forma de explicar.

By Abdifatah H A

Feb 2, 2021

I'm abdifatah heydar from Somalia This course was really interesting. Because they started with the basics, it was really understandable fabulous. Furthermore, the assignments helped me to put the theory into practice which was really helpful to me thanks for our instructor and Facebook.

By 林奇忠

Apr 6, 2021

As a beginner of Social Media Marketing, the instructor's voice and tone are totally clear to understand, plus the instructor's body language makes us motivated at our learning journey.

The syllabus are well-organized and unique learning platform that i have learnt with.

Special Thanks!

By Geeta K

Aug 16, 2021

This course was really beneficial and helpful to me. A person like me who doesn't have much knowldge of Social Media is now ready to market on this.

I learnt different things about social media, KPI's, Smart Goals, Customer journey and so on.

I am looking forward to learning much more.

By Ifat a

Dec 28, 2020

It was perfect and amazing !

Perfect , because we came to know about the whole eco system of social media marketing from this course . And , amazing because here the instructor was just amazing ! She helped us a lot by her easy way of expressions and excellent presentation !

Thank you !

By Simpe R C

Aug 15, 2021

Understanding how Social Media Marketing works is very important in achieving our business goals. This course discusses the various social media channels, how they function and how they play in marketing our business, organizational goals, institution etc. Thankful for this course.

By Bakhytzhan I

Nov 25, 2020

Anke Audenaert is an Amazing expert and teacher! Even though this is the first introductory course, she covered many important marketing topics and gave various insights on how to reach and engage customers. I recomend this course for any professional regardless of her/his position.

By Ainul B B A

Nov 30, 2020

The course is very structured and takes you step by step with practical assignment to futher solidfiy your understanding of the subject at hand. Much recommended for people who wants an overview of social media marketing and to drive application in your respective work or business.

By Cameron D

Oct 22, 2020

The information is presented in such a structured manner! At first I was like "Okay I'm 24 what don't I know about social media." But there really is another side to it; perfect for somebody who is seeking a job, and perfect for somebody who is passionate about their own brand!

By Maissa A

Nov 28, 2020

The course is very well-structured; the instructor, the material, and the presentation are all very engaging, smooth, and clear. I appreciated the course because it gave me insights not just into social media marketing, but marketing in general and project management as well.

By Jean D

Mar 18, 2021

This course is straightforward, concise and covers all the essentials that a beginner (and even an advance student) needs to know about Social Media Marketing. It provides clear examples of cases, data and activities that helped me retain the lessons much faster and better.

By Phyohein K

Dec 19, 2020

Firstly, I really appteciate for your teaching and I need to learn for all courses. I can understand that 100% in the courses. And I'll try the best and keep going for my life by using the courses. I think you are very kindly and friendly on us. However, thankyou so much.

By Ngan H T

May 21, 2021

This course includes lots of precious information about social media platforms for beginners. After this course, I understand how to use a suitable platform for my business. As well as the way to use social media effectively to get more customers and expand the business.