Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV

Jun 13, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

PM

Aug 16, 2020

Professor Plous made me understand the lessons because he explained well all the lessons, and he provided enough information about the Social Psychology. More power to Coursera and Professor Plous :)

276 - 300 of 1,233 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Bruna S

Nov 01, 2018

A great course for those who enjoy social psychology or wish to know for another bias on already known topics. With complementary materials and interesting videotapes, this is one type of course that you definitely will not get out the same when you started. enjoy!

By Araoluwa o

This course was amazing! As practical as something that can be seen and felt. Saw what was being taught in my physical world and could easily relate. The facilitator was amazing too! You guys did great, thanks for having me and I am glad I took this course! 😘😘

By Michael W W

Jun 06, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It’s but the tip of the iceberg, and I’m certain I will revisit things frequently. The lectures and course materials provided by Prof. Plous were excellent, and the background support (Sue L. ) was outstanding. Highly recommended !

By Lena M H

Aug 12, 2020

This the greatest course that I took, I encountered some problems in translation so I hope you to translate the course to the Arabic Language.

I appreciate dr. Scott for supporting the learners and wish him good and his family

By Tan Y Y

Jun 06, 2020

Superb and interesting course which helps us understand why humans behave the way we do and promotes self understanding and managing relationships with everyone around us. Highly recommend this course for people who seek deeper understanding of human behaviour.

By YUMIKA Y

I learned much important knowledge which is very useful in my whole life. This course led me to think more positively about what was bothering me in my social life. Thank you so much. I will continue learning and also output my learnings for my career and life.

By Luz M R G

Sep 14, 2020

Professor Scott Plous, it has been an honor to take this course. Your lessons are so clear and full of meaning, it has been a true pleasure. Thank you, it has been one of the best courses I have taken. Congratulations, I wish there were more teachers like you.

By Kulacha E

Jun 21, 2020

It really require a lot of effort to complete the course however, the assigned material especially the experiments, ted talk, animation videos, readings and lectures are really really good. Explain every aspect and theory crystal clear. Super good for beginner

By Ayesha N H M

I enjoyed this course a lottt :) Teacher Scott is one of the best teachers ever. I recommend everyone to take this, the whole course is very benefiting it will make you a better person and the assignments are really fun to do. All of the videos are really fun.

By Devran G C

It has been one of the most useful and enjoyable courses that I've ever taken. Every week, I looked forward to watching Professor Plous' videos and learned something new not only about social psychology but about myself as well. Thank you very much, Mr. Plous!

By Vaishnavi G

A very helpful and well structured course that gives a clear understanding of social psychology. The assignments where also very intuitive and insightful. Professor Plous was a great mentor and humours as well. I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this course.

By Xuerong W

Mar 30, 2020

Wonderful course! Probably one of the best and resourceful courses I have taken in coursera! Thank you so much for presenting such a high quality course! I learned a lot and hope more people will have chance to at least audit this course and harvest something!

By Da C

Mar 27, 2020

This is one of the best courses that I've ever taken so far.. Thanks to Prof. Scott for making this course extremely interesting that I feel like I wanna re-take it again even though I've finished it almost a year already. I hope I can join your other classes.

By Adegboye O E

Jul 22, 2020

It was awesome and insighful. the course materials are very engaging and i appreciate the effort put in my the lecturer and his team to pull together so many useful resources for this course. it was a very fun experience right from the beginning till the end.

By Andrew F

Excellent course that challenges your held beliefs and helps you understand how we, as humans, interact with one another, influence others and understand ourselves.

I've gained so much practical knowledge for my profession (marketing) and for my personal life.

By Anna P

May 06, 2020

This course was incredibly interesting! Thanks to Professor Plous and the Coursera team for these 7 weeks, I've had so much fun learning Social psychology with your interactive viseos and readings, I've learned a lot and want to continue my studies!

Thank you!

By Ona-Lise

May 06, 2020

Incredible course I learned so much in this course and I've learned so much about myself. This course also helped me shaped a lot of my perceptions for the better. Thank you Professor Plous and team for all the effort and hard work that went into this course!

By Aundrea G

May 04, 2020

Great class! The professor was informative and entertaining throughout. I was able to maintain interest in the material because of the way it was presented. The discussions and peer participation also made it feel more like an in-person university experience.

By Mary E

Jun 02, 2020

My profound gratitude goes to Prof. P. Scott, and the team that put this online course together. I had wonderful experiences with the various course content. The content is simply amazing. It has changed my perception about Psychology.

By Onyinye Y O

Jun 01, 2020

I totally enjoyed being a part of this course. I learnt a lot and will definitely put the knowledge to good use.

I intend to Re-watch the videos and also refer to the study materials from time to time.

Thank you to all the facilitators, it was worth the time.

By Matilda P

I found this course extremely interesting, engaging and informative. The coursework is easily accessible and and easy to follow and there are a wide range of bonus readings and videos that peaked my interest. Professor Plous has designed an excellent course!

By Sattvik B

Jul 10, 2019

Excellent. Spread the positivity. This course allows us contemplate who we truly are. We are social creatures born to love and be loved. This course will remind you and give you many examples of how one can be positive and influence others in a positive way.

By Grant T C

Feb 26, 2019

Professor Scott Plous is a saint for taking the time to help people like myself with this course. It was not only educational but incredibly entertaining and interesting. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience! My life has been changed because of it!

By Noime L

May 22, 2020

This is a really interesting subject to learn. Every week is exciting because you will learn new social psychology dynamics. I applaud Mr. Scott Plous for sharing his expertise in psychology to learners who wants to gain an understanding about the subject.

By Chirayu N

This course deserves more than 5 star rating! This course covers areas of social psychology in great depth and very specifically tuned for online courses. Professor Scott Plous is extremely knowledgeable, thorough and fun Teacher....thank you so much Sir!