Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV

Jun 13, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

AN

Sep 27, 2020

Such a wonderful course, enlightening, compelling and fun! Professor Plous is an amazing source of education and kindness throughout the 7 weeks.\n\nThank you soon much for this learning opportunity.

276 - 300 of 1,315 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Li H

Jul 14, 2020

What a wonderful course! I learned so much about human interactions and human situational psychology that it inspired me to want to discover more. I believe the course was very well-crafted and effectively carried out, and hence learning was made effective as well.

Thank you!

By Anass K

Jun 13, 2020

one of the most interesting courses I ever had. not just in the internet and MOOCs but even in real study. thank you Dr Plous and know that we are realy glad to have you as a teacher and so eager to have another course of yours. thanks to coursera and all the team. great work

By Ananda B

An exceptionally enriching and informative course. The course is delivered through easy-to-understand reading materials and videos. I express my gratitude to Professor Scott Plous, the entire course-team and Wesleyan University for making this course available online. Thanks.

By Robin R

Mar 04, 2019

The textbook was so good I've ordered it. The professor kept the lessons engaging. The aim was to help us apply what we learned to make the world a better place. Interactions with students from around the world was enriching especially since this was about social psychology.

By João P A C S

Jun 02, 2020

Este curso está muito bem feito. O professor usa muito bem as tecnologias para expor todas as informações. Fornece muitas opções extra, quer para ler, quer vídeos para ver. Este curso é muito bom quer para nos fazer pensar e compreender interacções humanas e a nós próprios.

By Shaun B

Jun 17, 2020

What an absolutely amazing & awesome course on many levels.

As we were in lockdown, I was able to immerse myself totally into it and to study all the optional materials and several books too.

This paid off and I passed with honours.

Thank you Professor Plous & team! Top Job!

By Haania

I loved it! The course was very well structured. The lectures and readings weren't just informative, they were also very interesting . The assignments ensured that one actually retained what was taught, and also helped me apply social psychology to my personal experiences.

By Ching M J M (

Jul 01, 2020

Amazing professor, as well as mentors like Sue who helped me in solving my issue with one of the assignments. This course also refreshed my memories on a lot of knowledge that I learned during my college years. Great course to take, amazing professor and mentors to have!

By Ryan P

Awesome course, really enjoyed the lectures and readings. The assignments got me engage with others and allowed me to learn about class mates and how they see the world. Highly recommend this course to anyone as the subject matter is very applicable to all walks of life.

By Lakshman V

Jul 18, 2020

A very well structured course by Prof. Scott Plous. Presented in a fun and lucid way the very many difficult and complex concepts in social psychology. Strongly recommend this course to every citizen who wants to be more human and humane and discover humanity in others.

By bharati k

I genuinely had the best online meaning experience. To be so good at something that involved technology where there are chances for errors this course has aced it. The course made sure that I genuinely paid attention and didn't fool around. Simply wonderful experience!!

By Roxana S

Jun 14, 2020

Very good course. I was skeptical at first as it is an online course, but I have learned so much in these 7 weeks. It definitely is a great introduction / summary to social psychology and Professor Plous has a very entertaining way of teaching. Never boring. Thank you!

By Emmanuel S M B

May 06, 2020

The Social Psychology course helped me a lot to be honest. I am a very naive and innocent person and try not to see the bad in people. However, now I am aware of how people tried and managed to influence my views, opinions and reactions. Thank you for those new skills.

By Malvika R

Oct 02, 2020

Best Psychology course in Coursera. It was definitely an amazing and super fun experience like no other course has to offer! I learnt a lot and my interest in Psychology has grown immensely to explore further. Special thanks to Professor Scott Plous and the team !! :)

By Rahul K S

Mar 29, 2020

Never thought an online course can be so interesting and powerful. Never felt that Prof. plous was not teaching in person. Great videos and commentary and exposure to most powerful ideas in Social psychology. I would strongly recommend that everyone takes this course.

By Kaley B

I throughly enjoyed taking this class, and I’ve learned a lot about myself and my surroundings as I’ve made progress. I’ve particularly enjoyed the Stanford Prison Experiment video, discussions on empathy for enacting social reform, and understanding implicit biases.

By S S R

Aug 06, 2020

I have done many MOOC courses on Coursera and other platforms, but this is probably the best course i have ever done. I honestly felt sad when i reached the last assigned video lecture. So much efforts have been put into the making of this course and it is THOROUGH!

By Bruna S

Nov 01, 2018

A great course for those who enjoy social psychology or wish to know for another bias on already known topics. With complementary materials and interesting videotapes, this is one type of course that you definitely will not get out the same when you started. enjoy!

By araoluwa o

This course was amazing! As practical as something that can be seen and felt. Saw what was being taught in my physical world and could easily relate. The facilitator was amazing too! You guys did great, thanks for having me and I am glad I took this course! 😘😘

By Prerit J

Oct 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and I learned a lot about social psychology from this course. Frankly speaking, I did not expect an online course to be this interesting and informative. Everything was great and Prof Plous was splendid and I hope to see him someday.

By Michael W W

Jun 06, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It’s but the tip of the iceberg, and I’m certain I will revisit things frequently. The lectures and course materials provided by Prof. Plous were excellent, and the background support (Sue L. ) was outstanding. Highly recommended !

By Lena M H

Aug 12, 2020

This the greatest course that I took, I encountered some problems in translation so I hope you to translate the course to the Arabic Language.

I appreciate dr. Scott for supporting the learners and wish him good and his family

By Tan Y Y

Jun 06, 2020

Superb and interesting course which helps us understand why humans behave the way we do and promotes self understanding and managing relationships with everyone around us. Highly recommend this course for people who seek deeper understanding of human behaviour.

By YUMIKA Y

I learned much important knowledge which is very useful in my whole life. This course led me to think more positively about what was bothering me in my social life. Thank you so much. I will continue learning and also output my learnings for my career and life.

By Luz M R

Sep 14, 2020

Professor Scott Plous, it has been an honor to take this course. Your lessons are so clear and full of meaning, it has been a true pleasure. Thank you, it has been one of the best courses I have taken. Congratulations, I wish there were more teachers like you.