Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV

Jun 13, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

PM

Aug 16, 2020

Professor Plous made me understand the lessons because he explained well all the lessons, and he provided enough information about the Social Psychology. More power to Coursera and Professor Plous :)

351 - 375 of 1,298 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Vũ V H

Sep 16, 2020

Very interesting and informative course. This course help me understand more about how the human's mind work, thus help me to not only understand why others act the way they do but also understand more about my own self. Highly recomended.

By Сазонова О С

Jun 17, 2020

Despite the fact I've been studying psychology since being a student, I got a huge amount of interesting and new information. This is the best course I've ever taken! Thank to professor Plous and coauthors very much. I had a lot of fun!!!

By Elisabeth d R

Apr 17, 2020

It is an excellent course to enhance your knowledge of the subject and challenges continuously your thoughts. Lectures and materials of very high quality. I felt engaged from the beginning to the end and thankful for the entire experience.

By jashanjot s

Sep 12, 2020

Psychology is something, which attracts few and is really worth to study. I'm a mechanical engineer and chose social psychology course and really very happy for my decision. I recommend this course if you are reading this.. God bless you.

By Vasileios O S

Sep 08, 2020

One of the best courses I've ever had. The instructor delivered the lectures in a unique way, and the overall course was very well structured and informative. It also motivates people to look further into the subject of social psychology.

By Kshiti J

Jun 21, 2020

I indeed had an amazing experience in this course. It taught me so much about human relationships, behaviour and group psychology. I loved how interactive the video and discussion forums were. Overall it really was an amazing experience.

By Nadkanittha M

most fun but also most difficult course i have learnt !! very informative and i suggest everyone to do honor assignment. I did with my family and it was a great experience and super fun. Thank you everyone who made this course happen.

By laszlo m l

Apr 28, 2020

The course was both educational and fun. The lessons were kept interesting with a variety of learning modules - from videos to reading to animations. And the breadth of the coverage for a certificate course was fairly comprehensive.

By Thomas R S

Apr 06, 2020

Very interesting and well put together class. Professor Plous is a very dynamic instructor, and in addition to the class lectures and reading material I really enjoyed the informal skype videos of Philip Zimbardo and Mahzarin Bahari.

By Ibana M

Jun 02, 2020

I enjoyed this course so much! It was a great learning opportunity with a lot of insights and you can get connected with fellow students all over the world studying the course at the same time. Highly recommended to any human being!

By Shriram

May 15, 2020

This is a very simple & very practical course designed to introduce important concepts of Social Psychology. it progressed like a waterfall till I finished it with clear understanding of the subject. I would strongly recommend this.

By Priya V K

Aug 08, 2019

Learning about social psychology was very informative and helped me to gain insight into various aspects of psychology which was new to me and want to thank all the mentors in providing support and guidance in learning this course.

By Laura M R R

Aug 02, 2020

This course is one of the essentials for whoever person studying whatever field, it applies for every single aspect in human life, and the best Teacher ever with the funniest and knowdlegable methodology. Really loved this course.

By Fernando B L

Jul 27, 2020

215/5000

The Social Psychology course is wonderful. Interesting, creative and inspiring. I am very grateful to all colleagues and teachers, especially to the fun and didactic Professor Plous! I would love to welcome you to Brazil!

By kaiomi j

Apr 30, 2020

This was one of the best courses. Even though I never met professor Plous, it always felt like I saw him everyday and knew him personally. Great content, and it taught me so much more than I thought there was to Social Psychology.

By Rachelle L

Great experience, I really enjoyed the challenge of sharing and learning about others and Social Psychology. I believe this can be a great resource to have for many personal and workplace situations that come up from day to day!

By Olalere I O

May 08, 2020

As far as social psychology is concerned, there's no better tutor than Professor Scott. He makes learning so fun, intriguing and interesting. By purchasing social psychology from Wesleyan University, you'll get value for money.

By Beatrice O

May 16, 2020

I am very happy about this course. I helped me a lot in understanding others and myself. From the beginning of this course, I have started applying social psychology teachings in my daily life.

Thank you very much, Professor!

By Pubali C

Jun 23, 2020

I loved the course! The contents were very informative and interesting. Thank you coursera and Proff Plous for setting up such a course which was so interesting for students like me who had never studied psychology before!

By Sofi D

Aug 25, 2020

This course has helped me in both my professional and personal life. I found it very interesting and easy to understand even though I didn't study Psychology.

Excellent teacher and very good video references and readings.

By Lim K B J

Jun 10, 2020

One of the best course in understanding Social Psychology. The content, readings, assignments and exams were well thought out . I enjoyed the lectures and the videos by Prof. Scott Plous. Excellent course ! Thank You!

By Paolo P

Jun 09, 2020

Great, great content! Prof Plous was very engaging and the course material, recommended readings and tasks were really good! I made a dozen friends that I hope to keep in touch with plus learned a lot about me and others!

By Gauri J

Jan 02, 2019

Very insightful and engaging course!

The reading material is highly informative and the assignments are hands on application of the theory learnt. Extremely well designed course!! Kudos to Prof and the course designers!!!

By Rhoneka M

May 13, 2020

I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from this course when I signed up. I am happy that I decided to join and earn a certificate! The content was well organized and formatted. I certainly suggest this course to others!

By Carolin S

Jun 01, 2020

It was the best course I ever have. English isn’t my first language. But that was never an obstacle. I have learned so much and I hope, that I will never forget it.

It was an honor to learn from you. Many many thanks!!