Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

PM
Aug 15, 2020

Professor Plous made me understand the lessons because he explained well all the lessons, and he provided enough information about the Social Psychology. More power to Coursera and Professor Plous :)

926 - 950 of 1,481 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Jannelle M F

Jun 9, 2020

A very interesting course. You will be able to gain more knowledge in this course.

By Naveen B

Fantastic Course. Professor teaching this is amazing. Highly recommend this class.

By Tanjim R

Professor Plous is one of the best personality I've seen in my life. Thanks a lot.

By Anant J

May 15, 2020

Amazing !!! Teacher was very good!!! Got to know lot about behavior people display

By Nihar J

May 1, 2020

This course is highly informational and helps you to understand the world better:)

By D S

Apr 26, 2020

EVERYTHING WAS AMAZING THE MENTOR, THE INTERACTIVE VIDEOS AND THE PEER DISCUSSION.

By Dr.MyoMyo H

Sep 25, 2020

This course is really great and useful to me.I can now apply it in my daily life.

By Shreyansh D

Aug 27, 2020

It was an awesome course which taught me many different things. Loved it so much!

By Olivia W

Mar 18, 2020

Super engaging, informative, and interesting course. Would recommend to everyone.

By Cynthia W

Nov 15, 2019

Dr. Plous is very engaging and I really enjoyed delving into social psychology!!!

By Beirong L

May 19, 2019

Very good course, and I recommend it to everyone who is interested in psychology.

By Bilyana B

Sep 12, 2020

Great experience! Amazing instructor! I would definitely recommend that course!

By Ana C T

May 13, 2020

Excelent.Thank you Coursera and big thank you to the Profesor!Great experience.

By Nathalia T F C

Oct 6, 2020

The course was full of interesting content, very well elaborated and complete.

By Rob W

Jul 30, 2020

Course does a great job off effectively covering a sizable amount of material.

By Ananya J

Jul 15, 2020

Enjoyed learning with Sir Scott Pluos! Looking forward to more courses by him.

By Ashu P

Jun 26, 2020

An amazing course for everyone. A gateway to a more beautiful and social life.

By udit s

Jun 6, 2020

great course, gives a lot of information about the depth of social psychology.

By Benjamim C

Dec 28, 2020

Great Course! This course is a pure act of Compassion, Thank you Prof. Scott.

By RANI T

Sep 9, 2020

It was a real good course and made me to unlearn the learn and learn

By Shivam P

Jul 19, 2020

Professor Scott Plous is such a gem at teaching ,I will remember him always .

By Rodrigo R U

Jun 1, 2020

Amazing course, professor Plous step out all virtuality getting a class room.

By Chirantan B

May 9, 2020

It is a great course. Instructor is very good and the course is very engaging

By Rathi. S

Aug 2, 2020

It is a great course! I learnt a lot and am happy to have taken this course.

By Yanping W

Jul 1, 2020

It is a wonderful course to know more about yourself others and the society.