Back to Social Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Psychology by Wesleyan University

Ever wonder why people do what they do? This course—which includes more than $1,000 of video and reading materials—offers some answers based on the latest research from social psychology. Students taking the course for a Certificate will also receive free membership in Social Psychology Network (SocialPsychology.org). COURSE DESCRIPTION FROM PROFESSOR PLOUS: Each of us is dealt a different hand in life, but we all face similar questions when it comes to human behavior: What leads us to like one person and dislike another? How do conflicts and prejudices develop, and how can they be reduced? Can psychological research help protect the environment, and if so, how? This course offers a brief introduction to classic and contemporary social psychology, covering topics such as decision making, persuasion, group behavior, personal attraction, and factors that promote health and well-being. Our focus will be on surprising, entertaining, and intriguing research findings that are easy to apply in daily life. The course will also draw from the websites of Social Psychology Network, the world's largest online community devoted to social psychology. I hope you'll join me for this course, have fun, and learn some useful information that enriches your life....

IV
Jun 12, 2020

Very interesting course, tons of great material. Of all the courses I have taken so far in Coursera, this is one of the few that has pushed me to focus on the material we were going over-great course.

AN
Sep 26, 2020

Such a wonderful course, enlightening, compelling and fun! Professor Plous is an amazing source of education and kindness throughout the 7 weeks.\n\nThank you soon much for this learning opportunity.

976 - 1000 of 1,691 Reviews for Social Psychology

By Kevin Y

Sep 28, 2020

Thoroughly enjoyed the course material and presentation. Professor Plous was fantastic. Thanks

By Margo P

Aug 30, 2020

Really fun, interactive learning from Prof. Plous. I enjoyed every single lecture and reading!

By Mohtashim A

Jul 22, 2020

Wonderful course. It helped alot to feed my curiosity. One of the best experiences of my life.

By Pushkar S

Jun 20, 2020

A great experience with a lot of knowledge regarding our own behavior and social behavior too.

By Sakshat L

May 9, 2020

excellent way of presentation. everything was near perfect. thank you so much for this course.

By Yaki M

Sep 21, 2021

E​xcellent course. Highly recommended. Provides many insights we all shoiuld have. Thank you!

By Maria C C P

Dec 30, 2020

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING. APRENDI MUCHO ACERCA DE LA PSICOLOGIA SOCIAL Y QUEDE CON GANAS DE MAS.

By Venes S

Sep 1, 2020

This course really helped me a lot..i really appreciate all the knowledge i acquired from it.

By Silvia C A

Jul 1, 2020

Exceptional! I really enjoyed, not only the class content, but Scott Plous's way of teaching.

By Sabrina C

Jun 5, 2020

Excellent course, thank you for finding ways of making it interesting, I learned many things!

By Andrea M

Jun 2, 2020

I want to thank everyone involved, this course was very interesting and fun, I learned a lot.

By Krishnamurthy P

Apr 26, 2020

The course changed my course of life. I started looking at things in a different perspective.

By Kristina K

Jul 25, 2019

The most interesting, valuable, motivational, deep- thinking course....I m amazed. Thank you!

By MANTHIA T

Jan 2, 2021

Amazing course helped me become more compassioned! Professor S. Plous thanks for everything!

By Noah G

This class was fun and thought provoking. Very well done by the professor and hi colleagues!

By Stefan P

May 4, 2019

This course contains high quality material and had literally changed my perception for good!

By Rachel O

Jun 20, 2021

Thoroughly engaging professor, interesting case studies, and great supplementary materials.

By Júlia H G d C

Mar 4, 2021

This course taught me so much by so little... It'll definetly help in my academical future.

By Arvind K

Oct 12, 2020

The Course material was great and the response on disccusion group was equally enrichening.

By Said A

Apr 5, 2020

one of the greatest mooc i ever take, and very professional and amazing instructor

By Saloni

Nov 3, 2020

This course is really good. I'm grateful to have completed this course. Thank you so much.

By Malak M B

Oct 18, 2020

The least I can say that it is a very insightful experience and such an eye opening course

By Ritobhash S

Aug 25, 2020

Not extremely easy but it certainly is engaging and interesting besides being informative.

By Natalia G

Aug 10, 2020

Aprendí sobre un tema que siempre me ha interesado y no hay mejor profesor que Scott Plous

By Sahani C

Jun 30, 2020

After doing this course I have learned how to make myself compassionate in every situation